Roll Call
1 members (Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand), 34 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 71 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175996 06/13/11 06:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Shining Son, welcome aboard!
Hope you survive the experience. Mwa - haaa - haaaaaa!!!! evil

#175997 06/13/11 09:36 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Um, was survival even an issue? You know, you could mention that on the front page!

Cleome yes, I'm sure I or someone said every day is Straight Pride Day.

I'd love to see the idiot ask the Puerto Ricans why they have to have a pride day. (Just had PR Day parade here in Manhattan yesterday.)

#175998 06/13/11 10:53 AM
strange but not a stranger
A belated welcome to you Shining Son.

Feel free to play some games at the Spaceopoly forum. (I want to mandate it for all new members, but everyone else said "no" wink ) And somewhere on this forum is a Victorian gay flirting thread.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175999 06/13/11 10:54 AM
Originally posted by future king:
Hope you survive the experience. Mwa - haaa - haaaaaa!!!! evil
Has this board changed from the Legion to the X-Men? wink

#176000 06/13/11 01:11 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Originally posted by Shining Son:
Um, was survival even an issue? You know, you could mention that on the front page!...
It's only your connection with the outside world that will really be in peril, Son! evil Soon you will learn that fresh air and exercise are totally unnecessary for survival. [cue ominous music]

Oh, and here\'s a thread I started when I was a newbie here-- if you feel like contributing.

cheers

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#176001 06/13/11 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
A belated welcome to you Shining Son.

Feel free to play some games at the Spaceopoly forum. (I want to mandate it for all new members, but everyone else said "no" wink ) And somewhere on this forum is a Victorian gay flirting thread.
Okay, but if we have to start flirting in Spanish to honor PR Day (as mentioned in Shining Son's post), I'm doomed. I only know about a dozen words in Spanish, and they're all from watching reruns of Sesame Street.

shocked

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#176002 06/13/11 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cleome45:
Okay, but if we have to start flirting in Spanish to honor PR Day (as mentioned in Shining Son's post), I'm doomed. I only know about a dozen words in Spanish, and they're all from watching reruns of Sesame Street.

shocked
Back when I worked at the bank (yes there was only one bank in the world so it was "the bank") A woman and her 20something daughter came in to open an account, but neithe of them spoke English. They only spoke Spanish. The bank has just posted a list of employeees who spoke other languages. So while we tried to get one of the Spanish speaking employees on the phone, I said to her "Hablo espanol muy muy muy muy poco." She laughed and said "My english very very little."

After that, whenever she came in to the office, she would smile and wave at me.

#176003 06/29/11 10:18 AM
Deputy
Deputy
It had to happen. As of yesterday I am no longer the newest member of Legion World. frown

Well, six weeks is a good run. It's been a long time since I was the baby of the family.

I suppose I might be "newest member to actually post" for a while though.

#176004 07/08/11 09:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Shining Son, sure you're only at 71 posts now but before you know it you'll be at 5700 posts and saying " Wa hoppen?? " ... like we all did one time!
lol

#176005 07/30/11 03:22 PM
Ash Offline
Applicant
Applicant
Hey Folks! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am the New Guy Ash. I am 26 year old Comic fan who spends most of his free time reading Legion books in my ugly apartment in Sioux City, IA. I am pretty new to the Legion.

I grew up in middle of nowhere Rural Minnesota and I didn’t really have access to comics, let alone the Legion. As a kid, I saw comics every once in a while at the bookstore in the Mall, or at a Grocery Store. I never got really ready any or bring them home. I really liked the X-Men Cartoon from the 90s, but every time I picked up an X-men comic they seemed unapproachable and self-involved. I couldn’t get 2 issues in row, let alone a whole event. I would read large collections of like Calvin and Hobbs or Peanuts that I would get at book fairs and big box stores.

I went to college and discovered the wide, wide world of sci-fi movies and TV. Growing up I loved watching Westerns with Dad and Grandpa and I spent a lot of my high school years playing sports and working on the farm. I kind of missed out on tons of stuff. At school I was on my own. I had summer Job watching the front desk of a College Dorm and I would sit and watch a lot of Buffy, Angel, Star Trek and lot Horror and Sci-Fi Movies. There was a Used Book/Comic Store not too far away I would go in looking for stuff like The Road and Call of Wild not finding what I was looking for and come home with Watchman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comics, and Vertigo Books.

I didn’t really understand the Justice League for a long time. I thought that a world with Superman (who is basically all powerful and unstoppable) didn’t need a whole Justice League. Or why in a world with the Fantastic Four and the Avengers would people be afraid of Mutants or hate the X-men with such a passion? Superhero teams seemed out of place to me until I found the Justice Society of America. Here was a large group that had a history, a purpose, family and a Legacy. I got hold of as many trades as I could and I started reading as much JSA as I could. I began reading all the JSA and JSA related books I could get Including All-Star Squadron and Infinity Inc. I loved older comics. They had so much more story and I loved the art. I started reading Old team books from the 70s and 80s: X-Men, New Teen Titans, and JLA.

I found the Legion first though the Lightning Saga and in Teen Titans. I found all of these old issues of LSH V2 at my LCS for a 1.00 or less and started putting together a run. They were amazing, but I am kind of a type “A” personality when it comes to reading books. I like to start from the beginning. At the time I wasn’t interested in Silver Age books. I decided to start reading the Legion from the back-ups in Superboy (that were collected in Legion Achieves Volume 10-12) and just kept reading putting together my collection through to where Keith Giffen Left the 5 year later Legion and then I just kept going after I reached that mark. I eventually went back and read all of the other 9 volumes of the Achieves. Currently I am finishing off the Baxter Run and then I plan keep going through 5 Years Later and then on the Reboot Legion. Legion of 3 Worlds has really made me decided that there is a place for all the versions of Legion, but I have to say that the original Version of the Legion is still my favorite of all the Legions. While I have enjoyed a huge chunk of Legion books, I still have a about the whole of my lifetimes worth of Legion books I still haven’t read yet and I am looking forward to enjoy. But I have read enough that I feel current with Legion as far as the all the recent Geoff Johns/Paul Levitz stories.

My favorite Legionnaires are Wildfire, Dawnstar, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Element Lad. My favorite Legion Stories are Great Darkness, Legion Lost, and Earth War and Eye for an Eye. I think my favorite Legion artist is Dave Cockrum and Mike Grell (with Giffen and Steve Lightle in a closely behind). My favorite Sub is Stone Boy. My favorite Legion writers are Levitz and Shooter. My favorite issues are Legion Annual 1 with Computo, Adventure 340-341, Adventure 352-353 with the Fatal Five, The DC Collectors Edition Special Issue with Levitz and Grell where SG and LL get married, Superboy and Legion of Superheroes 200, and many others I am forgetting. What I love about the Legion is the Giant team and the unpredictable nature of stories. I love the long serial stories and how the Legion builds off its history. I love that the Legion has so much packed into it and you can get some much out of it. It is also a book on its own. Even during “Events” the Legion is still self-contained. I am not particularly excited about the DC Re-launch, but I know that even if I drop the rest of my DC books, I will still be picking up the Legion books. I am so excited for the new Levitz’s Legion Origin Mini and I can’t wait to get a flight ring to be put on my shelf.

I still read a lot of non big two books and I read a lot of comics in general. I dropped most of Marvel books last year, but I still read Captain America and Daredevil (although I dropped it during Shadow land). I love comics. I like watching goofy TV shows like Home Movies, Big Bang Theory, and Freaks and Geeks. I am the hugest DOCTOR WHO fan (Classic Series and Modern) and my favorite Doctors are Baker, Tennant, Davison, and Smith (But I am not picky). I would be the first to say that I may not be the most knowledgeable Legion fan, but I want to be. My Wife is art Teacher and my house is filled with Pots and paintings. She made a Huge Flying Spaghetti Monster that Sits on top of bookshelf in the Living room. We spend our Saturday mornings watching Episodes of the Real Ghostbusters and Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I feel pretty isolated at times. I end up moving away from my family and most of my friends. I really don’t have any friends that read Comics, let alone enjoy the Legion. The Legion of Superheroes is kind of the book I wish I would have found at the Walden books when I was 8.

#176006 07/30/11 03:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome, Ash... you've found a great place to hang and discuss your comics love!! You are not alone!! laugh

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#176007 07/30/11 03:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Always great to have new Legion fans on board!

#176008 07/30/11 03:42 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Welcome! Looking forward to you diving right in to the various forums!

#176009 07/30/11 09:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Welcome, Ash! This is a good place to make friends with some great Legion fans. Make yourself at home.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#176010 07/30/11 11:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Welcome, Ash! I'm impressed with the time and effort you've put into getting to know the Legion and its history. It warms this old Legion fan's heart.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#176011 07/31/11 05:09 PM
Welcome Ash!

Are you ready for your initiation tests?

First, you will compete with Rockhopper Lad to alert a spaceship mthat their fuel tank is leaking. (no fair using a radio) Then we will see whether you or cleome can raise a sunken statue from the bottom of the ocean. (If you lose this challenge, you will be taunted by us saying "You lost to a giiirrrrl!") And finally, you will have to put out a forest fire before Shark Lad can.

wink

#176012 08/04/11 06:29 PM
Ash Offline
Applicant
Applicant
Welcome Ash!

Are you ready for your initiation tests?

First, you will compete with Rockhopper Lad to alert a spaceship mthat their fuel tank is leaking. (no fair using a radio) Then we will see whether you or cleome can raise a sunken statue from the bottom of the ocean. (If you lose this challenge, you will be taunted by us saying "You lost to a giiirrrrl!") And finally, you will have to put out a forest fire before Shark Lad can.

wink
Can I just pull a Stone Boy and let Saturn Girl finish my test for me?

#176013 08/04/11 06:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
^good luck with getting that to happen. laugh

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#176014 08/07/11 03:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi Ash,

I love your wife's blog- Fanboy Wife. Threw me for a minute when your home page was written as a woman, but then she mentioned her husband Ash.

If it ever seems like I don't like you, it's because you took all the attention away from me. mad

#176015 08/07/11 06:49 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Welcome Ash!! Be sure to visit Legion World's facebook page!!

#176016 08/07/11 07:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Welcome to Legion World, Ash!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#176017 08/08/11 03:54 PM
Ash Offline
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Shining Son:
Hi Ash,

I love your wife's blog- Fanboy Wife. Threw me for a minute when your home page was written as a woman, but then she mentioned her husband Ash.

If it ever seems like I don't like you, it's because you took all the attention away from me. mad
Yeah, I understand, no one likes the New Kid.

My wife is a powerful enemy. I usually link to her blog as my homepage on boards. She needs the attention. She is home for the summer and is currently making me a Ghostbusters Proton Pack out of Paper Mache and junk she found around the house. It's for my Halloween Costume. We always Go BIG for Halloween. She gets to listen to me talk about the Legion a lot.

#176018 08/08/11 04:00 PM
Ash,

You will be surprised how quickly you cn go from being the new kid here to being a regular.

#176019 08/08/11 04:02 PM
Ash Offline
Applicant
Applicant
Ash,

You will be surprised how quickly you cn go from being the new kid here to being a regular.
"But my pants say 'irregular.'"

#176020 08/08/11 04:46 PM
We are all a bit irregular here. We are expecting a shipload of Activa soon.

Page 50 of 71 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,115
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star