Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I Want To Talk About YOU ! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I Want To Talk About YOU !
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, strictly a newbie's curiosity and obviously answer only if you like spilling your guts to newbies:

What's your OTHER vice/obsession besides the Legion ? Or at least, what's the OTHER vice/obsession that you don't mind telling a total stranger about ?

Mine is jazz. I'm a huge jazz snob who owns over 800 vinyl albums of same. (Though if the economy doesn't pick up soon I'm going to be turning them into casseroles.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I love classic jazz, Celtic music and travel.
I don't have anywhere near that many recordings, and after my recent yardsale have almost no vinyl.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I like doing puzzles. And I did sudokus before they were called sudoku. My current favorite puzzles are Cross Sums, Anacrostics, and Word Mines (Where you find words using the letters of a larger word)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I should have a yardsale. Couldn't be any worse a rip-off than megacorp-bay. Plus at least I'd get fresh air.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are way too cool. We're geeks and damned proud of it.

I've got an addiction to folk music festivals. I absolutely love camping out for a few days listening to awesome live music by total amateurs, yeah there'll sometimes be a few pros that used to be somebody or just like to do their set then sit in and play some more but usually it's the locals that tear it up.
Too. Much. Fun.

That and I play hand drums with a small band locally, we only do a half dozen or so shows a year but we kick major tail. Every one of our regular members are also music teachers who enjoy the heck out of the chance to cut loose and get busy in front of an audience. It's awesome.

edit: just in case you've gotten the wrong idea here..I don't do drum circles. Thanks but no thanks.

[ December 04, 2008, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As many of you know, I love choral singing. I'm not a professional by any means, but I've sung with a really good church choir for many years. After years of singing with the same people, it's wonderful to see how our voices "know" each other. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a fabulous section leader to help me out.

As I posted somewhere or other, I've been asked to sing one verse of a carol we're singing on Christmas Eve as the tenor in a quartet. I've never done that before, so I'm excited and nervous.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Bunches of stuff:

Roman History
History in general but particularly Austrian / Habsburg history; Medievil Russian history / Byzantine History / History of Christianity
The Russian Romantic Literary movement of the 1850's
Horror films, fiction and pulps
1950's era American pop-culture (which includes comics)
Movies
Audrey Hepburn
Bogart Noir films
College Football
Hockey
Music: Motown; Metallica; Led Zeppelin; the Clash; Flogging Molly
India Pale Ales [Big Grin]
Irish Catholic Whiskeys

Other stuff too...I like as many odd, dorky things as any guy is allowed [Big Grin]

[ December 05, 2008, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Well i do have a thing for old school Country Music. growing up i use to watch a lot of Hee-Haw *does that make me a RedNeck??* but my country music taste are from Patsy Cline to anything pre-Garth Brooks. *i really don't like his music for some reason*
watching way too much television growing up as a child, anyone remember the Magic Garden, Romper Room and the New Zoo Revue??
i have a soft spot for 70's soft rock and R&B i admit i love the Carpenters!!
have a crush on Lena Horn, Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch,Dorothy Dandridge, and Pam Grier.
Egyptian History
anything to do with any culture's Mythology.
tennis
Russ Meyer films
although being of Jamacian heritage i can only stomach reggae music for a short time before it get's repeatative.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
You guys are way too cool. We're geeks and damned proud of it...

mr cleome assures me that there is no true distinction anymore between "cool" and "geek."

I'm impressed that there are so many musical types here. I played the recorder for awhile. But that was it.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
My fanboyish obsessions;

Role-playing games (D&D up to 3.5, Vampire: the Masquerade, Wraith: the Oblivion, Kindred of the East, Mage: the Ascension, Trinity, Aberrant, Adventure!, Mutants & Masterminds, Villains & Vigilantes, GURPS, etc.)

Massively Multiplayer Online Games (Everquest I & II, Dark Ages of Camelot, City of Heroes / Villains, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Star Wars Galaxies (pre 'new game experience'), Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, etc.)

Comic books (Marvel, DC, Image, some random other stuff like Willingham's Elementals or whatever, but always superhero fare)

Sci-fi/fantasy novels (Roger Zelazny, Raymond Feist, Peter Hamilton, Greg Egan, etc, etc.)

Sci-fi/fantasy/superhero movies (not, I must point out, Made For Sci-Fi *Channel* movies!) such as Stargate, Aliens, Lord of the Rings, Dragonslayer, Serenity, etc.

Sci-fi/fantasy/'genre' TV shows (so, so bad, most of them...) such as Babylon 5 or Star Trek: Deep Space Nine or Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Dresden Files or Kindred: the Embraced (shut up, I liked it!).

I also like lots of other random stuff, like science geekery, animals, Egyptian-anything (gee, ya think, 'Set?'), mythologies of various cultures (flavor of the second, Aztec/Inca/Mayan/Toltec, it will change tomorrow), comparitive theology (Hinduism is so much fun! They have so many gods!), behavioral psychology (get thee behind me, cathartic weenies!), astronomy, energy physics, swimming, travel, eating new foods, etc.

I'd need to be a Carggite with a cloning machine and a hive-mind to be able to do everything I want to do and see everything I want to see (and have a Coluan backup-brain to know all the things I want to know!).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
My hobbies seem to be related to creativity.

As a Legion/comic book fan, I love to draw quick, attractive renditions of characters. My Holo Model competitions (do a search in Bits O' Legionnaire Business) were a fun, interactive way for me to draw, honor requests, and play a game with fellow fans. I also create and post artwork at the Artists and Writers forum at CBR. Right now, I'm maintaining a challenge where artists are invited to create a "supermodel" and every week there is a new "photo" challenge for them to put their model in, much like Tyra's ANTM.

Speaking of ANTM, I love that show. I love American Idol and I love Project Runway. The creativity, the competition and to some extent, the drama keep me interested in those shows.

I love to sing, though I haven't had lessons. I love going to karaoke and my friends have always said that I'm good at it. I've been the KJ at a few different parties, and one time at a wedding. No one wanted to sing at that wedding, so basically, I became a wedding singer. I just programmed a bunch of songs that I know people like, and went for it. Because of the surprise element there, I was a tad irritated and considered singing "Love Stinks" (ala Adam Sandler) but I grew up and didn't give in to that urge. I have auditioned for a couple of singing contests, but never made it. I once got a call-back to front a swing band, but I was #9 out of about 12 hopefuls. In my male diva mind, I kept telling myself that I was better than 3 others instead of worse than 8. Heh!

I'll be frank.... my friends and family like to make fun of me because my interests are similar to those of a maybe 13 or 14 year old girl! Well, be that as it may, I just cannot get into sports or cars or whatever more manly interests are out there. I'm good with that.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Well, Sketch, mine must be the interests of a teenage boy-- or a middle-aged guy who still feels like a teenager. (Having been to both vinyl/record shows and mainstream comic cons, I can personally vouch for neither being a great place to meet adult women.)

See ? It all balances out. [grin]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I spend a huge amount of time on gardening, with a focus on heirloom seeds, and I can assure you that garden clubs and conferences are great places to meet adult women. Unfortunately, most of them are my age.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

FC, don't believe Steely Dan. The Cuervo Gold and the Fine Colombian [tm tm] can only take a person so far with somebody one-half to one-third his/her age. You're better off with a contemporary. [wink]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The original Transformers cartoon.

The first four seasons of Alias.

Comic book creators like Alan Grant, Peter David, Alan Davis, Steve Epting, and many others.

The Avengers (the Marvel superhero team, not Steed & Mrs. Peel.)

Green Lantern.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

80s Pop Music

80s Metal (listening to Don Dokken's hugely underrated solo album, Up From the Ashes, featuring a virtual supergroup of 80s Euro-Metal: John Norum, Peter Baltes, and Mikkey Dee, as I type this.)

Garbage (the only great band to come out of the 90s IMO.)

60s, 70s, and 80s B-Movies.

More at my blog:

http://iammilk-milk.blogspot.com

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.