Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I Want To Talk About YOU ! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I Want To Talk About YOU !
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a huge Miyazake fan- I watch My Neighbor Totoro & Spirited Away at least once a month and I've read Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind at least a dozen times.

I'm obsessed with the B-52s!! I have CDs, cassettes, vinyl, colored vinyl, box sets, foreign pressings & rarities galore. I've seen them in concert at least 10 times and I met Fred Shneider 19 years ago when he walked into a bar I was working at. I served him wine & he sat and talked to me for 2 hours!!

I'm not an actor, but I appeared in a play at the 1999 NYC Fringe festival, "Three Sisters in Search of a Cherry Orchard"-a Chekov parody. A friend of mine was directing & he needed a last minute replacement for Olga, the eldest sister. I agreed, unaware that Olga was the lead character with the most lines and that we were to play in a 500-seat theatre!! I was in full drag and yes, the playbill listed me as Alec Fernandez aka Minty Fresh!!

Lastly, I was a speaker(with 5 others) at a Gay/Lesbian Comic Creators panel at the NY LGBT center four years ago. I figured that no more than a dozen people would be in attendance, but I lost count when it got to over 50!
We were all interviewed by the moderator, then took questions from the audience. Afterwards, attendees lined up for our autographs!!! I was shocked!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Rhino, I think I was at that creators panel at the Center. I'm sure there's been more than one, but only time I went was about 4 years ago. Ivan Velez hosted it right? I know the Chelsea Boys creator was there because I bought the book from him. Do you remember me asking now that the microphone's working can you all introduce yourselves again? [Smile]

Anyway, sorry cleo, but I just don't see myself with vices or obsessions. I refuse to think of sex as a vice, and I don't see how any interest I have is out of hand. I'm sure you didn't mean it quite as literally as I'm taking it, but those are the words I'm reading...

I don't think anyone else would consider any interests I have to be out of hand either, I don't spend money on anything, and money and time are what people go by right? Used to have a gym membership because I like looking in shape, but with the economy down I'm just doing pushups and chinups and home for a year now.

I guess as far as interests I could mention roleplaying games (with people not computers) which I haven't played in some time now, and though I've never pursued acting for money I have done it. Actually have been paid for stage managing though. I like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter, but in all cases one can hardly be called obsessive if one hasn't managed to see all the movies in the theatre. (Part of that is not having many friends in town to go out with, but someone who was obsessed would surely see them anyway, no?)

Always liked Saturday Night Live. Not always loved, but nothing can be golden for over 30 years right?

Monty Python, Frasier, Friends, and Big Bang Theory deserve mention.

And people who make the world better. I've currently stopped trying myself, but glad some people still put in an effort.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
[Bump]

^^ Somebody's got a birthday coming up. [Cool]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:

...Anyway, sorry cleo, but I just don't see myself with vices or obsessions. I refuse to think of sex as a vice, and I don't see how any interest I have is out of hand. I'm sure you didn't mean it quite as literally as I'm taking it, but those are the words I'm reading...

No apology necessary, Shining Son. And anyone who's met Ivan Velez is okay with me. [Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
[Bump]

^^ Somebody's got a birthday coming up. [Cool]
By damn, you're right!

Bartender! Buy the entire LMB whatever it wants! And put it on my tab!

--------------------

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Um.... can this be one of those time where I cave in and have my once-or-twice-a-year drinks? Stuff always tastes better when it's free! [Big Grin]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Pre-corporate rock is my main obsession. Not only have I spent a lot of time and money tracking down copies of records (45s, LPs and CDs) from literally hundreds of bands from the late 60s, I've even created a weekly syndicated radio show dedicated to keeping their music alive (it's called Stuck in the Psychedelic Era. Google it if you're interested in such stuff).

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^That sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out sometime!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm into quite a few things...

My biggest passion is gaming. I love games, especially video games, but board games and pen and paper RPGs are fun too. I play Xbox360, PS3, Wii, PC, and DS. I've also started building a "retro" game collection, though that is in its infant stages. When I buy a game, if there is a collectors edition available, thats what I get.
Board games I enjoy most of them. Recenly been playing "Life" a fair bit but my all time favorites are "Chess" and "Axis and Allies".
PnP RPGs I liked Vampire and DnD but no longer have a group to play with [Frown]
I also talk a lot about games. If you think I post often here during my posting phases, you should see my posting habits on gamefaqs and x360a.

I also enjoy art, drawing and photomanipulations mostly. Haven't really pursued that much lately.

Music wise I'm into metal since I discovered metal in the 80's. Over the years my tastes have grown progressively heavier, currently loving a genre called Black Metal. I enjoy it to the point that from 1991 through to around 2005 I've played in a variety of metal bands. I'd love to get back into it, but the metal scene here isn't good and what few bands there are play the "Nu-Metal" genre.

Then there is the geekiest thing of all.
I adore beating google's ranking system.
I'm really not sure how I do it, but I have some inate understanding of how search engines really work, and manipulate my pages to get on googles front page. I'm like a savant when it comes to SEO.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
what's the OTHER vice/obsession that you don't mind telling a total stranger about ?

This one is a bit awkward, but... whatever...

I'm a hoarder - not of actual physical things, but of data.

I sometimes joke about having OCD but, if I were to be completely honest with myself, I probably actually do.

Basically, any aspect of my life that I can quantify, I generally do. I maintain tons of spreadsheets in which I record a variety of disparate things - from lists of movies I have seen, to books I've read, to income I've earned, to miles I've driven. I decided to get in shape, so I started wearing a pedometer and made a spreadsheet to chart my daily steps (setting a goal that ensured that each subsequent day in a week cycle I would be more active than the last) . I wanted to pay down my mortgage more quickly, so I drew up my own amortization schedule that would show how variations in payments affect the overall loan (charting, of course, the monthly variance between principal, escrow, and interest). My wife and I agreed to make, not buy, Valentines Day cards last month, so I figured out the series of numbers necessary such that when their sines and cosines were plotted as x and y coordinates, they would describe a heart.

Seriously.

I'm pretty sure that this sort of obsessive list keeping probably qualifies as "mental illness", but I feel like doing it helps me to be more successful, as opposed to impairing me, and thus far that has been borne out.

Apart from being a nutbag - I also enjoy hiking, playing piano, going to music festivals, and travelling, and have a great appreciation for the well-made martini.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha I recently made a joke on FB about having CDO...its like OCD except the letters are in the correct order!

Anyways, Ex I think that you just have an incredible eye for detail and are always looking to improve yourself or your work...thus the spreadsheets (I do the same thing though not to the level you do). I'm pretty sure anyone who has been following your various threads on Bits will agree.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.