Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I Want To Talk About YOU ! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I Want To Talk About YOU !
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lately, I've been really getting into stand-up comics (my wife too). I see above Ceej is too and I know Lightning Lad does as well.

Last year it was Kurt Vonnegut in a big way.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really have any new interests at this point. Given my financial status, it's just as well.

Suppose I could add that I love, love, to cook-- even though the kitchen at chez_cleome is awful. I still manage to get some enjoyment from preparing food for myself and others.

(And you don't wanna' know how many ridiculously over-endowedpowered kitchen gadgets I covet. Other middle-aged people have their Red Corvette dreams, I've got dreams about this.)

[fans self]

[ August 26, 2010, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
cle, if I didn't know better, I would swear you were my wife, lol. She bought that not long back, or one so near like it I can't tell the difference.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sadly, Sir, I am not now nor have I ever been a redhead. I do have some first cousins on Mom's side with that coloring, but that's all.

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
You did something bad in a former life, lol.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
Currently, I'm giddy with anticipation for Steve Bissette's return to comics with Tales of the Uncanny, and for Steve Epting taking over the art on Fantastic Four.

I'm also going through something of a Nickelodeon phase, although the only show of theirs I follow religiously is VicTORIous, sort of a G-Rated 21st Century bubblegum version of Fame. It's great fun.

Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^Never really watched Victorious, but my kids absolutely adore Nick's Big Time Rush and iCarly. (I'm kinda partial to iCarly!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

iCarly is cute, but VicTORIous is hilarious. I'm surprised your kids don't watch it, although it's relatively new (only been on since March, and only a few episodes aired to date.)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno, it seems slightly more grown-up than iCarly. Not a whole lot but just a bit. They're 12 and 7, so maybe that factors in. Doesn't hurt that iCarly is on ALL the time, either. BTR has the advantage of having catchy songs and music videos that they like.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Good point. VicTORIous probably appeals more to 14-15 year-olds.

BTW, that picture that I posted a couple times in Mission Monitor Board is Jade, the mean girl from VicTORIous.

rickshaw1
Leader

14 to 15 years olds? I saw the ads for that thing when my son was watching and I thought the girl was in her twenties.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LOL

She may very well be older in real life than she claims to be, Rick, but on the show her character's a high school student.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Well, I know girls "mature" early...but dang. She looks like she pulls gray hairs out at night.

--------------------

Something pithy!

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm ... I've been told by several people that when I'm a fan of something, I am really a fan of something ...

Nelson DeMille... I've been to a signing for every book he has put out for the past twenty years

Mike Birbiglia... an awesome stand-up comic I've seen perform just about every time he's in NYC for the past six years

Amy Grant... though a lot of people forgot about her after "Baby Baby" in the early nineties, I still follow her 'religiously,' including her most recent tour in July as well as an "incident" at a bookstore in NYC a couple of years ago when I <sigh> got up and sang a duet with her

Harry Potter... don't ever get me started on this topic

Calvin and Hobbes & Bloom County... back in high school, I had a cat named Hobbes... in my high school yearbook, under my picture it lists my future plans as "To move to Bloom County and marry Lola Granola"

The West Wing... see Harry Potter comment

Jaws... I've told this story before elsewhere on LW, but when I was three years old, my mother thought it would be a good idea to take me to see Jaws with my older brother and his friends... a lifelong fear/obsession with sharks was born...

Survivor... BEST SHOW EVER!

I think that's enough for now...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
My non-Legion obsessions? Other than my family?

Travel - been to all 50 states of the US and all 10 provinces of Canada. One of these days I hope to get the kind of money it will take to do international travel.

Kansas City Royals - I have a collection of every yearbook, a baseball card or photo of every player to take the field for the team...what can I say, I'm a fan.

LOST - No explanation necessary, I imagine. My favorite TV show of all time, easily.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.