Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I Want To Talk About YOU ! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I Want To Talk About YOU !
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Books- scifi to comedy fantasy to westerns to scifi westerns to noir to crime to mystery to how to to comics to do it yourself's.

Sports- mostly play alone sports and then of course the all time greatest sport, baseball, followed by panthers football. The single best sport to watch is beach volleyball. I also am a scuba diver (when i have the money, lol) and i love archery (doing it myself, not competitions etc...)

Movies- from classic noir and classic comedy to cheesy scifi to cheesy horror. Classic hitchcock to Destination Tokyo. Mallrats to The Thin Man series.

Cartoons- have loved turning my son onto Justice League, have all the cartoons of the latest seasons, have shown him all the old stuff on you tube.

Music- highly eclectic, favoring artists that actually play instruments or the old time Detroit sound.

Welding- trying to get back into it just because i like making things but like working in a forgiving medium. Would love to learn blacksmithing.

Fishing- not for sport, but for the enjoyment of it. And i haven't been fishing in a long time.

wooden boats- every once in a while i love to peruse boat plans and dream of the day when, lol.

Bikes- want a harley fatboy, or an old indian bike, like the superchief.

theres more, naturally, but i don't want to be a space hog

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Music:

Jefferson Airplane/Starship

Rock history in general, with an emphasis on the stories of bands.

TV Shows:

Babylon 5

Star Trek (the Original Series; loved the others, as well, but they don't qualify as obsessions)

Homicide: Life on the Street

M*A*S*H

Academic Interests:

English language and history

German language

Novels (currently reading "Sometimes a Great Notion" by Ken Kesey)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
History:
Genealogy-Have traced some ancestors back to the 1400's, others at least to 1820. Have been to a lot of cemeteries to take headstone photos.

The American Civil War-Have 8 CSA and 1 USA direct ancestor involved.

Movies: Old stuff-anything with Jimmy Stewart. Stupid ones-Airplane, The Naked Gun, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, etc.

Music: 50's to 80's mostly. My mon has the original Sun Records of Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. Beatles, Steppenwolf, Journey, REO Speedwagon, etc.
Also Christian-Jars of Clay, Tait, DC Talk, Caedmon's Call.

Sci-fi: Star Trek:TOS, TNG. Supernatural, Smallville.

Other TV: NCIS, some CSI, Psych, and Monk.

Sports: Atlanta Braves, Indianapolis Colts, Carolina Tarheels basketball (and football, somewhat). Really can't stand Hockey, Boxing, Soccer, or UFC.

Other Comics: Justice Society, Justice League, Green Lantern, Flash. Haven't been into Marvel in years.

My family, my church, and my miniature dachshund, Rylie.

Would love to have a Wurlitzer Jukebox, and a Mustang.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
-I am an obsessive traveller. I was counting the other day, and discovered that I've been to 72 countries... I also love anything to do with peoples and places: history, geology, natural history, comparative religion, languages, etc.

-Love scuba diving

-In my "real" life I am a biology teacher at University. And I have to say, the more I learn about Biology the more I like it. Biology feels right now like Physics must have felt at the beginning of the 20th century.

-I also LOVE singing. Right now I go 3 times a week to some music rehearsal or another. Two of them are choirs, and the third one is a really fun group that specializes in Venezuelan Christmas carols, full of drums, cuatros, etc. I am Colombian, but they've let me infiltrate their group. And boy am I ever loving it!

-Given what I've written before, it won't come as a surprise that my favorite type of music is World Music. Here's a tip: go to Youtube and look for Ikavoi ihminen . Six singers from Finland formed a group called Rajaton, and they are just perfect. Listen to the Rajaton Butterfly Video as well (one in English for those whose Finnish is less than excellent)

-I haven't been here on the boards very much recently. There are two reasons for that: first, I've been in Indonesia. And second, I discovered that it is possible to download Kaliman adventures from the internet. Who is Kaliman, you ask? Well, it's a Mexican superhero, very popular in Colombia also. I grew up listening to his radio adventures and collecting his comic books, that's where my obsession with comics comes from. I have every single issue that has ever been published on him, and now I have been listening to some of his radio novels. I decided to start collaborating on a Kaliman wikipedia that is being developed, and that swallowed all of my free time. But I've stopped doing that, a very annoying person decided to come in and modify everything that I write, introducing factual and spelling errors. At first I thought he was serious, but then I discovered that he just did it to annoy me. And it worked. I don't think that I've ever been so furious on the internet. Sheesh. So I stopped, it's just too aggravating. And here I am again...
By the way, if you either speak Spanish or want to use your knowledge of the language, I highly recommend listening to Kaliman radio novels, they are pretty cool... Let me know and I'll tell you where to find them.

-When do I have time to do all this? Well, I'm not married...

Juan

[ December 09, 2008, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My OTHER major geekish obsession is Living History. All summer long I take part in Napoleonic skirmishing as a private solider in His Britannic Majesty’s 68th (Durham) Regiment of Foot (Light Infantry) protecting all free born Englishmen from the tyrannical ambitions of that monster the Emperor Napoleon.
We travel all over the UK and Europe to various events showing people the uniforms weapons and tactics of the Redcoated “Scum of the Earth” who eventually freed all of Europe from the subjection of the French. We set up a recruiting camp with our woman folk as camp followers and show a little of how the ordinary solider of the day lived in camp. If you want to see then this is a link to my living history page. Living History Dardens Page

Jen and I like travelling to meet other Legion World’ers (whether they like meeting us is another story) [LOL]

We also have been to a few folk music festivals and on my history page you’ll hear one of my favourite bands at the moment.

I usually attend a couple of Real Ale festivals a year and like a certain other poster have a real liking for India Pale Ales.
[Yes] [Drool]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
My other obsession is my job, building, maintaining, and testing Submarines for the US Navy.

It allows me to travel the world, often without adult supervision, going places and seeing things most people never have the opportunity to.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you any more or I'll have to erase your mind...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:

Well if you can find a working mind amongst us lot Abin I'll help.... [LOL]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:

Well if you can find a working mind amongst us lot Abin I'll help.... [LOL]
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Irish Catholic Whiskeys

Rest my case!

My biggest geeks:
Ireland - the music, the history, the culture
Music - I appreciate diversity and take pride in not having the largest but the most varied collection.
Baseball - I'm a Mets fan, so it gets harder each year to stay interested.
Stand-up comedy - if they had cards for comics, I'd have the whole set.
Philosophy - that's only in my EDE id

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

Since Thriftshop Debutante is trying to encourage the newbies to post and such, I thought: why not?

[Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
How could I have missed this before?! [No]

[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:

...watching way too much television growing up as a child, anyone remember the Magic Garden, Romper Room and the New Zoo Revue??

Dude! Not only do I remember all these, but I can still sing all the lyrics to The Patchwork Family's theme song!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[Bump]

I see some new names out there, so it's time again.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I enjoy shooting people that enjoy long walks on the beach with bb guns in the butt.

My favorite movie is "I spit on mama's dismembered nightmare body on elm street at Halloween".

My favorite book is "I wanna hold your hand" by C. Hook.

I have my grandfather's eyes... in a jar.

My favorite music is the sound of 4 million locusts eating Madonna, and not in one of her book ways.

For a living I sell stock in Air Apparant,a company that is selling futures in breathable air to secret government conclaves across the world. We now have it vanilla flavored as well as chocolate.

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
---Fred Allen

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OMG, where have I been? I **love** talking about me...

Currently my other obsessions besides the Legion are Facebook and zombie movies... or zombie TV shows (THE WALKING DEAD coming in October on AMC!!!! Miss it NOT!!)

Also, True Blood on HBO.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.