Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 43 44
STU's Mansion.
#243283 12/09/03 10:29 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
High up on a hill overlooking Legion World, STU's residence has sprung up, seemingly overnight. It is a mansion done primarily in the Tudor style -- with plenty of high eaves, gabled windows, and a turret or two -- but with a number of other eclectic architectural influences as well. The mansion is relatively compact (as far as mansions go) from the outside, but you get the distinct feeling that it is far more expansive inside. Magic is at work.

You walk through the front door, and feel immediately at home. From the staircase and the many halls that lead away from the foyer, it is evident that there will be many, many places in this mansion to explore over time -- innumerable wood-paneled parlors filled with comfy chairs and plush Oriental carpets; crackling fireplaces for chilly winter nights; wide bay windows to let in the summer sun; and, of course, twisty secret passages and hidden rooms, filled with cobwebs and the must of ages gone by.

For now, you decide to explore the first room to your right. It appears to be an office of some kind...

Re: STU's Mansion.
#243284 12/09/03 10:31 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
STU's Office

This is a stately, circular office lined with bookshelves. A large window with a pleasant southern exposure looks out on an orchard filled with row upon row of apple, peach, and orange trees -- each bearing dozens of delicious, ripe fruit.

An imposing mahogany desk sits in the center of the office. The blotter is piled high with official documents and files. A half-empty mug of hot chocolatte and a couple of empty shot glasses (each emblazoned with the SHAKES logo) can also be seen amid the papers.

Also on the desk is a phone with a direct line to the office of Deputy Leader He Who Wanders. Based on the evident wear-and-tear on the handset, the phone has been well-used of late.

On the wall by the door hangs a bronze plaque engraved with the following:

Current cabinet members of the STU administration:

Special Counsel - Kid Prime
Chief of Staff - Varalent
Ambassador Plenipotentiary to the United Planets and Affiliated Planets - Arachne
Ambassador to the Republic of Texas - Raging Bull
Chief Magistrate of the Supreme Judicial Tribunal of Legion World - Quislet, Esq.
Executive Sanitation Engineer - Abin Quank
Joint Ministers of Crank and Grump - rickshaw1 and Star Boy
Minister of Domestic Affairs (flirting) - Icefire
Minister of Music and Education - Harbinger
Official Arbiter of Good Taste - Semi Transparent Fellow
Poet Laureate - Danny Blaine
Secretary of State for Distant Relations - Faraway Lad
Secretary of the Interior Design - Princess Crujectra
Special Attaché to the Feline Community - Jinx
Special Attaché to the Rodent Community - Rody the Super-Rat

Next to the bronze plaque hangs a brass plaque inscribed with the following:

Office of Security:

Head of Security - Cobalt Kid
Director of Astral Operations - Space Ranger
Director of Covert Intelligence - Invisible Brainiac
Director of Covert Operations - Super Lad Kid
Director of Naval Operations - SharkLad
Director of Perimeter Defense - Blockade Boy
Director of Undercovers Operations - Emerald Empress

#243285 12/09/03 10:33 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Front of the Mansion

You walk back outside to the front of the mansion. A wide verandah stretches almost the entire length of the house. Wicker rocking chairs and swinging loveseats provide a nice setting to while away a summer afternoon with a stack of comic books and a glass of freshly-squeezed lemonade, or sweet ice tea.

A path wends its way down to the street below, where you can make out a number of Legion World's favorite businesses, all run and operated by respected local citizens: SHAKES , the Starfield Lounge , Café Cramer , and chocolatte .

Another well-worn path meanders around to the side of the mansion, through thickets of berry bushes: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries... even pluberries (for Legion enthusiasts and Winathians everywhere) and burberries (for the fashionably inclined).

#243286 12/09/03 10:37 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Library

Sitting in the shade of a majestic grove of redwoods is a round building with tall picture windows that run the full length of the circumference. One half of the building appears to be a library.

As you step inside, you find yourself in a semicircular room with soaring bookcases against the back wall. Comfortable chairs and long reading tables are scattered here and there. Tiffany lamps in wall sconces provide ample illumination once the sun has set.

Two thick tomes lie side by side on a pedestal directly in the center of the room. The volume on the left, bound in rich burgundy leather, is Who\'s Who , a roster of the citizens of Legion World. A quill and inkwell sit next to the book, and new Legion Worlders are welcome and encouraged to add another page to the ever-expanding volume.

The volume on the right, bound in navy blue leather, is the Encyclopedia Galactica , an exhaustive guide to the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Sitting on a reading table is an anthology of interest, with a fantastic contribution by Legion World's own Deputy Leader, He Who Wanders: Would You Like Fries With That Murder?

Additionally, the library's innumerable shelves contain the works of a number of prominent Legion World writers .

#243287 12/09/03 10:39 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Art Gallery

You walk around the library to the other half of the round building. The trees on this side thin out somewhat, affording a stunning view of the ocean far below, just past a steep bluff.

Inside this second semicircular room is an art gallery. The room is furnished in a spartan manner, so as not to divert attention away from the numerous works of art that are on display.

Hanging on a wall are stately oil portraits of Legion World's four Founders: Nightcrawler Nightcrawler , Lightning Lad OptimusPrime .

Below that are smaller oil portraits of the four Leaders of Legion World thus far: Princess Crujectra, Eryk Davis Ester, STU, and He Who Wanders. In addition, the portraitist (who is Naltorian) has also completed paintings of the next couple of Leaders to come. These are currently covered with heavy black drapes. (No fair peeking!)

The works of a number of talented local artists are on display here. The artwork rotates frequently, and the mansion hosts cocktail parties every few weeks or so to introduce each new showing of artwork.

#243288 12/10/03 04:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This is shaping up to be quite the place! Great going STU. Can I get the private tour of the secret passageways?

Touch the magic...
#243289 12/10/03 05:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Umm... Mr. Leader, Sir...

Where do I put the two truckloads of cleaning supplies?

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#243290 12/10/03 06:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Into the closet over there.

Just be careful not to open the door next to it as that leads into a toilet that has a black hole in stead of a flush system and all sorts of things from the dungeon dimensions can get out of that door. I wish Lardlad would come back and sort out his old mess. laugh

Faithfull
#243291 12/10/03 07:03 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I wish Lardlad would come back and sort out his old mess. laugh
Funny you should mention Lardy... smile

#243292 12/10/03 07:15 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Don't you open that Trap Door...

And STU - "Archmage"?!? LOL lol

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#243293 12/10/03 07:22 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
This is shaping up to be quite the place! Great going STU. Can I get the private tour of the secret passageways?
All in good time. Free public showings of the various wings will be conducted on a regular basis.

Private tours can also be arranged on an individual basis, for a nominal fee. laugh

#243294 12/10/03 07:23 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
And STU - "Archmage"?!? LOL lol
[turns SoM into a squirrel] laugh

#243295 12/10/03 07:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
where's the pool?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#243296 12/10/03 08:40 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by STU:
[b]Office

[under construction]

Current cabinet members:

Chief Counsel - Kid Prime
Chief of Staff - Varalent
Head of Security - Cobalt Kid
Minister of Domestic Affairs (flirting) - Icefire
Secretary of the Interior Design - Crujectra

Other cabinet openings are available...[/b]
Wow! Chief of Staff, I'm honored. Thanks STU, I look forward to working with your staff! wink

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#243297 12/10/03 10:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Be careful what you wish for, Vee dear. His staff is growing all the time smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#243298 12/10/03 10:08 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by STU:
[b]And STU - "Archmage"?!? LOL lol
[turns SoM into a squirrel] laugh [/b]
Hah. Missed me tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#243299 12/10/03 10:08 AM
SoM Offline
Honorary
Honorary
squeak squeak

Backup account for Reboot.
#243300 12/10/03 10:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Be careful what you wish for, Vee dear. His staff is growing all the time smile
===========================================>

I see what you mean! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#243301 12/10/03 10:17 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Hey, just noticed how PRINCESS Crujectra is back. smile WB as it were.. wink

#243302 12/10/03 10:28 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I'll stick to the public tours. I always love to watch just HOW badly the kids can embarrass their parents. Usually more interesting than the tours smile

#243303 12/10/03 01:55 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Stu, here is an update on the Security Office to bring you up to speed as the New Leader of Legion World.

It can be found here

Our current budjet is documented as unlimited

I, Cobalt Kid, act as Head of Security (which was other wise known as The Royal Guard under Princess Crujectra, although this title no longer applies).

In my office, the following are Chief Security Officers, answering directly to me:

Space Ranger
Emerald Empress
Shark Lad
Super Lad Kid

There are also a variety of low level positions and internships that some of the Legion Academy students fill, although known of these positions are allowed access to high-level areas.

We also keep tabs on a variety of 'shady' individuals on Legion World, some of which are known (i.e. Royal Inquisitor, Tarik the Mute, etc.), and some of which are secret.

I have two to three other secret agents on Legion World as well, whose identities must remains secret. Through them, I have a web of spies in the Legion World underworld.

And rumors of an ultra secret alliance in the Security office are strictly rumors. Everything the public needs to know is on paper.

PS- since the Security Officers are basically celebrities here on Legion World, a host of citizens anxiously await outside our office to catch a glimpse of us. We feel it's necessary to occasionally cater to our groupies wink .

PPS- the Security Office is not responsible for paying child support for any of my half-dozen children, since for some strange reason, they are all over the age of 16.

#243304 12/10/03 02:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey, just noticed how [b]PRINCESS Crujectra is back. smile [/b]
It's good to keep a spare title around to fall back on in case of emergency (or unemployment) laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#243305 12/10/03 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
the Mansion sounds great, STU !!!

and well done on being the new LEADER !!!

Matthew.

#243306 12/10/03 08:41 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by SharkLad:
where's the pool?
One of the rooms in the mansion is an old-fashioned Natatorium. An upcoming tour will be announced shortly...

#243307 12/10/03 09:41 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally posted by SoM:
squeak squeak
SoM... Squirrel or Marmoset? Ah, squirrel, I see.

In that case, I invite you to join the Legion of Super-Rodents -- we are united to defeat humanoid tyrants everywhere!

[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star