Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 50 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:11 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
#244848 10/05/09 08:43 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Luna, I can vouch for him being a tough sucker, and if you listen on, I'll show you how we can get some firstrate intel. But firsthand, I'll tell ya he took some of my best haymakers without so much as a flinch! However, I'm not sure whether that was due to a spell of some sort or because of a natural invulnerability.

Listen...since he showed up, I've felt some connection with him and with Ghost Girl. Actually, the Ghost Girl thing goes back to when she helped us out during the Phineas affair a few months ago.

Anyhow, with some help from Mayavale, I've realized that in a past life I was really close to Zardi and likely betrayed by him. With some mystical help <gestures toward Luna> I'm thinking about bringing that persona out of me and letting him take over for awhile.

You see, this former self knows a lot more about Zardi than any of us could hope to through other means. And after having gotten a taste of that life, I'm sure of two things: a) This guy I'll turn into was and is a stand-up good guy and will have the best intentions at heart, and b) this Zardi is an evil-ass sunuvabitch! Whatever game Zardi's playing, he is majorly bad news that may make Phineas, the Red Bee and the other worst-of-the-worsts look like the minor leagues!

But I value all of your input. Please, tell me what you think about this idea and what your concerns might be.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#244849 10/05/09 08:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(replying to Luna prior to Lardy's entrance)

We need someone totally non-magical; someone hopefully below Zardi's notice.

And just to be on the safe side, someone who tends to even be lacking in imagination.

Getting into the castle seems to be no trouble at all. I still have a surveillance-jammed corner in the archive room; I could 'port someone right inside, as long as they don't mind wading through a few yards of spider webs.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#244850 10/05/09 08:49 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
What else do you know about this past self?

Do you believe it to be your first self, your original incarnation?

If so it could be very powerful.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#244851 10/05/09 08:52 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Ranger flies in, with the elf under one arm and the tablecloth trussed up creature under the other.>

What in the Seven Hells of the Sargasso has been going on while I've been gone? I go into Cramer's for a cuppa, and wind up fighting Ghouls and a Werewolf back to back with an Elf!

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Okay, yes I'm still drunk!)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#244852 10/05/09 08:55 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<to Kent> I take it you've someone in mind?

<to Luna> Yes, I believe very strongly this was my first incarnation. And I believe his power level could be something that would benefit us greatly against Zardi.

As for what I know? I know that he and Zardi were close, like brothers. Touching his life, I could tell he was very virtuous, I'd say incorruptable. I also know that he loved someone with all his heart, and Zardi hurt her very badly, maybe even killed her. Then Zardi struck my past self when he was at his most vulnerable and sent his soul falling through an absolute abyss of successive lives.

#244853 10/05/09 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ummm.... Ranger? Take another look at the cloak. The elf gave you the slip.

#244854 10/05/09 08:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually, Lardy, I confess I'm not up on the Security Office's current roster.

Say, Ranger... your powers aren't in any way magical, are they?

#244855 10/05/09 09:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yeah, Okay...

But look what I caught...

<Begins loosening the creatures bonds.>

(Wait till they see this!)

#244856 10/05/09 09:00 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
<to Lard Lad>

Incorruptable, you say? That's trait I never want to see in a person. But we are out of options, as much as any of us hate to admit it, Zardi is powerful contender.

I stated to Pagan Lass that the past was a perfect place to look for clues. If your past life has some answers, then we should ask the questions.

I'll help you.

#244857 10/05/09 09:05 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Thanks, Luna, I was hoping you could.

Any other thoughts either about my idea or some suggestions for the overall game plan?

#244858 10/05/09 09:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I suppose that's the way to go.

And Lardy? Luna?

I can't say too much just yet, but if Lardy's past self was given any information by a spider, it is very important, even if it seems... out of context, or even too much in context (you'll know what I mean if it happens).

Make sure to fill me in, if this occurs.

#244859 10/05/09 09:07 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
That is fine, Kent.

(Luna looks at Space Ranger and his cloak, she peers at him with discontent)

What a foul beast we have here.

(Luna looks at Lard Lad)

I shall go to your Lair, it would be best we do this in private I think.

(teleports out)

#244860 10/05/09 09:10 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Don't any of you want to see a real werewolf?

(Spoilsports!)

#244861 10/05/09 09:45 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<grins> Maybe tomorrow, Bart!

Meanwhile, I can't keep a lady waitin', can I?

<'ports out>

#244862 10/05/09 11:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Candle walks into the office.
"Will someone tell Cobie that Candle is here, as he requested? I would have been here sooner, but I wasn't in this universe," she smiles.

A VERY clean (almost 'sparkling') Cobalt Kid comes out of his office and motions for Candle to join him and Space Ranger in his office.

As she enters, Candle sees Ranger's captive, a werewolf, "WOW! Is that the real thing? I've never seen a real one before, just Brin and he's not REALLY a Lycanthrope! WOW!"

Space Ranger gets a gratified, sheepish smile on his face.

The wolf snaps at the air.
Space Ranger puts a dog muzzle on him, while leaving the hangcuffs on and the net wrapped around the wolf's shoulders.
The wolf tries to :superhug: Spacey, who yelps and drags the wolf from Cobalt's office.

Candle shakes her head in awe and turns to Cobie.
"What can I do for you and Legion World?"

Before Cobalt Kid can answer, she blurts, "If this is about what I did in the Cloud Castle, I'm not apologizing or giving back any of those released prisoners!"

Cobie motions for Candle to sit down and offers her some iced water to help her calm down, without saying anything.

She sits, sipping the water and collecting her thoughts and emotions.

"Sigh. I'm okay now, say what you have to, Cobie Kiddo, sir."

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244863 10/06/09 09:05 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<Cobalt eyes her with a smile, having just sat through an entire meeting between Luna, Lardy and Kent without speaking much, then having watched Space Ranger enter the office totally inebriated with a werewolf under his arm, and now has Candle enter>

You’ve known me a long time, Shady, and I think you can see just how much I’ve changed, if I can sit through all that and just listen rather than get as many words in edge wise. First off…

<pushes button to receptionist in the hallway, someone temporarily working under Cobalt Kid and not happy about it>

Padmai, have Space Ranger come back as soon as the werewolf is secure. And bring as much strong black coffee as you can. I’m going to have to use my magnetism to force the alcohol out of his system and its going to be gross. Welcome back ‘Ranger.

<turns to Shady>

Shady, first off—what you did at the Castle? Good. Freeing those dragons was a smart move, and I approve. In fact, any other creatures you feel must be ‘saved’, then I’m all for it. Of course, I can’t publicly say that. But sometimes its better to let chaos run rampant and force people into positions they’d rather not be in. So lets pretend I have no idea you released some ancient dragons.

<looks at forearms, which previously had dried blood and dirt stains and are now sparkling clean>

(to self) Nicely done Luna…it really is nice to have you back… (smiles, then shakes away any partial feelings he may have once had for a certain High Priestess so that he can focus on his job)

<turns to Kent, who is still present>

Kent, I’ll give you a list of active Security Officers. These days, most of the high ranking officers come and go at their leisure and usually are involved in cases that take them off planet. For example, Arachne is knee-deep in a case right now far off-world, and it sounds like she’d be perfect for interaction with spiders. Too bad. Invisible Brainiac is deep undercover somewhere I can’t disclose, though given your contacts, I wouldn’t be surprised if you knew. Matlock, our head of Street Crime, is dealing with matters that fall into his department, but he’s available when we need him, since likely this will spill out into the streets eventually.

No, the officer you probably need is right here: Shark Lad. He’s based purely in science, not magic. He’s intelligent, incredibly strong and courageous to a fault. And when circumstances warrant, he can be very single-minded. That blood lust has often been described as a weakness—or even problem—for him, but its gotten me out of more jams than I’d care to admit. I recommend we ask him to take this task.

I’d feel better if he had some help though. But that may already be in place. I’m not sure if you know this yet, but I have an Officer currently within Zardi’s Castle. She went on her own: My Whee Fem. She’s also very proficient, but I do worry about her magical nature, given that she is a Cack. I’m questioning whether having her there is a mistake.

Damn me for having this magical healing ability. I don’t understand it and I hate it. I’d rather it be gone and then I could do this for us. I know this: I’m going to sober up the Ranger and the first sign of trouble, he and I will remind everyone that when people cause trouble on Legion World, there is always plenty of rubble left in the wake. But in the meantime, its of no use for us to be sitting around here, waiting for Zardi to make his move or Lard Lad and Luna to complete their task. What do you think? What should be our next play? I’d suggest trying to round up Legolas, who has now become a wild card.

Also, we need another option. Something else else off-kilter, to through a huge monkey-wrench into the mix. There must be someone or somewhere else we could go to learn more about Zardi, or at least about his longterm goals.

#244864 10/06/09 10:32 AM
Deputy
Deputy
<Opens the door and walks into Cobalt's office. Then looks around and blushes slightly.>

Ohmygod! I'm sorry Mr. Cobalt. Nobody said there was like a meeting going on... But,Umm... Gram said you'd like want to know that both she and STU have fought Zardi in the past.

She says that collecting and controlling Magic Beings is a means to an end for him. He wants to Supplant Mearl Dox as the Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

Only if he gets that kind of power... he won't be like cool about it like Mearl is. He'll be running everything.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244865 10/06/09 02:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Stumbles back into Cobalt's Office after locking the werewolf in a holding cell.>

Okay, what the sprock is going...

<Sees Britney and freezes, the color draining from his face.>

(I am soooo screwed!)

#244866 10/06/09 02:24 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Brit!

<Cobalt seems surprised by her appearance and stands up; he catches himself but realizes he looked odd for a moment to Kent and Shady>

No worries about missing the meeting. That's actually good intel...and its about what we figured. It makes sense--his true goal is so obvious, but the grandiose nature of it makes it almost too hard to comprehend.

<Cobalt appears to be talking to himself>

That means, of course…that his real goal on Legion World…is something far more sinister. And yet so normal, so petty…so damn…human. I wonder if they know yet? Of course, they must. At least, some of them.

<turns back to Everyday Girl>

I thought you’d be with your Gram on this one, but I guess she’s tied up with other things. Britney, listen to me. I’m ordering you to work with me every step of the way on this case until we can figure out our position better. I mean it, Brit. You’re a high-ranking Security Officer and you’ve proven yourself. But you still report to me—and I need you on this. My Whee Fem is on a secret mission and Jailbait Lass has left me. I’ll tell Matlock and Space Ranger. Don’t get any crazy ideas.

<yells out into the hallway at various Security Officers lingering around, obviously intrigued by all the higher ranking members having such ominous meetings>

Make yourself useful out there! One of you send a message to Sir Roy, and have him report here immediately. He’s not a Security Officer but he’s sworn an oath to Legion World. He might hate my guts but when I tell him the mission I have for him, he’ll be thankful I’ve included him in on this.

#244867 10/06/09 02:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Uncle... You're back... You're DRUNK!

<Pointedly turns away from Spacey.>

Mr Cobalt, If you find the real Space Ranger hiding somewhere inside that rum soaked bag of dung over there...

Send him home, his family misses him.

Oh and I hear what you're saying and junk but like Gram wants me right back to Quank Tower. I'll call you from there...

<Without looking at the Ranger she turns and walks out of Cobalt's office. Slamming the door behind her.>

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244868 10/06/09 02:26 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Ah, Ranger! Glad you could join us.

<sees Everyday Girl's face upon seeing her Uncle in such a state>

Er, uh, thank you, Bart, for volunteering to test that potion for us. I knew you're physiology could surive its poison, but obviously you're feeling some of the side-effects, and it appears you're a little wobbly. Take a seat. Its a good thing you volunteered when you did and saved the other officers from having to do it. It was critical to complete my investigation of that Ol-Vir case.

Now then, lets get you back to normal.

#244869 10/06/09 02:27 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<now chases after Everyday Girl>

Everyday Girl! Stop where you are! As Chief of Security, I'm doing something I've never done before with you--I'm pulling rank!

Legion World needs you and this Office needs you! I'm ordering you stay and help!

<magnetically holds her>

Abin and Pagan will agree with me. Now get back here and help me plan my next move.

#244870 10/06/09 02:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Mr Cobalt! Stop!

Nobody, No One, Set him up!

<Everyday Girl's demons pull Cobalt's feet out from under him and he crashes hard to the floor. His concentration slips for just a second and Britney is free of his magnetic field. In her hands are her Twin 9mm Baretta Pistols.>

Tamper has created some wild ammo for me over the years Mr Cobalt. He claims that the plastic H.E. rounds I'm using can take even you out...

Now I'd like rather not test that... So lets make a deal. You keep your magnetic hands off of me and I won't shoot you.

Hi! How are you?
#244871 10/06/09 02:46 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Britney, please, we have far too much going on for this nonsense.

Listen to me--I need you here. I need your help. Legion World needs you.

The last thing I want is for you and I to square off in the Security Office and battle it out. I don't think you realize the crisis we're in. We've been through a lot together and I've always taken your side when many others on Legion World dissaproved of your rank here. Don't let me down.

Now please...will you help me?

#244872 10/06/09 02:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Brit, Please...

<Shuts up as BOTH Cobalt and Everyday Girl Glare at him.>

(Sprock, Sprock, Sprock!!!)

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Suddenly Seymour
Suddenly Seymour
Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star