Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 49 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:24 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 10:11 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 10:11 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
#244873 10/06/09 02:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Mr Cobalt, I'm like going to my office for a few minutes...

If you can use your healing powers to sober up Uncle Drunk Nass Loser over there call me and I'll be down in a jiff.

Besides I need to call Lolita...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244874 10/06/09 03:01 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Okay, that sounds good Brit. Come back whenever you're ready.

<ignores the Lolita comment, and turns to Ranger>

Wow Ranger, you really screwed this one up.

<puts arm around him, knowing full well, Space Ranger can hardly stand strait>

Lets see if my healing powers will work on you and get you at least semi-coherent. Then we'll get you some super-strong coffee, and something really greasy--preferably one of those old 21st Century Earth dishes that were banned in the 22nd century when humanity became concerned with hygeine.

<carries into conference room, using healing power>

Listen, Ranger. I need Everyday Girl with me every step of the way on this one. And I can't have her get distracted worrying about her Uncle, whose on a binger because of a deceased love. I feel for you--I really do. I miss Sarya too. But you have to get it together.

So I'll repeat: I need Britney by my side for the duration of this "Event". Do not do something that pulls her away from me. There is a very real danger present.

<smiles>

Damn, part of me wishes I was just as drunk as you are...like the old days...defending Legion World and then celebrating afterwards...

<sighs>

But enough of that...<continues using powers>

#244875 10/06/09 03:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
That's enough, Cobalt.

Some coffee and one of those burgers that My calls a heart attack on a plate will finish the job.

I need a shower first.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(And a clean uniform.)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#244876 10/06/09 03:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Kent and Candle are talking in a corner of Cobie's office while watching the silliness around them.

Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
. . . I've also been consulting with the Mystic Affairs Division of the Bureau of External Affairs (tm). My top people believe that releasing the dragons from the cloud castle was an excellent move by Candle. It seems these are first-generation dragons - the real deal - not the corruptions and deviations that came later.

These are practically demigods in their own right. Out of Zardi's castle, he can no longer draw on their energies, and he may waste a good deal of energy himself in trying to recapture them. And if they opt to ally with us... well, that's unlikely, but still...

In other words, if Candle is willing to lead him on a wild dragon hunt, all the better. Kudos to her for realizing what we all were so quick to second-guess.
"Goodness, Kent, I'm really impressed by your operatives and your information!" Candle says.

"The full story on these Dragons is this:
The third thing the Creator created was the Dragons, right after Heaven and the Angels.
Like the Angels, many many Dragons were made but unlike the Angels, most of the Dragons formed marriages, clans (or tribes) and alliances.

Except for the first 7 created.
They remained the Instruments of God

When Lucifer, the Day Star, rebelled, one third of the Angels joined him and ALL of the Dragon clans.
Only the 7 remained faithful.

After the Fall, all of the corrupted were cast out, but the 7 were rewarded.

Among other things, the number 7 became the 'perfect' number, the number of Completion and in all of the universes created and all that will EVER be created, the 7 shall be represented ~ not them, but OF them.

The 7 were safe until many millions of years ago, they were sent on missions, only to disappear, one at a time."

"When I stumbled on the castle," Candle continues, "I realized when I woke up and saw the cherubim, that others of the Celestial Host might be in the Castle, too, so I began to look."

"And you know the consequences."
. . . At the same time one is induced - or should I say seduced - to stay, one's magic is syphoned off.

I suspect one must be a willing contributor in order for him to use your power. It would fit his MO of luring rather than conquering.
"Yes, I think that you're right," she says.

"After I freed the 7, Zardi's power diminished within a very short time."
"Enough, that it allowed me to sense the presense of the rest of the Cherabim and the Seraphim and finally, the two ArchAngels that Kardi had hidden so well."

"I couldn't risk him successfully adding anymore mystical beings to his arsenal before I could find Michael and Gabriel, so I had to act immediately."

Sure.

This Zardi fellow is an Elder, one of the original immortals of this universe. He collects magickal people, creatures and artifacts in his floating cloud castle.

Magickal people/beings who spend time there - say an hour or so - tend not to want to leave. My theory is that he is able to use their magickal energies himself.

He apparently has a fairly representative set of beings from all worlds' mythologies and traditions.

He has thus far avoided hostilities, although there's been some button-pushing.

I think he could blow us all away if he chose. I think he's just as interested in the challenge of luring his targets as he is in the actual acquisition.
Candle replies, "I think he collects, I know he does, but not always gently."
"Why, the first thing he did was drug me and he went after Stoopid Cat with Cilthu (I don't even want to say the name correctly), an ancient and disgusting evil!"

"You mentioned earlier that you'd like to find out if the Dragon's might help Legion World against him."

"Their Leader, ShadowHEART, is on her honeymoon after finally finding a mate among the 7 in Mysa Nal 3's universe. Hopefully, this union will result in baby dragons, but in the mean time, FyresDAWN will be in charge of the tribe. I'll go and ask her for help and see what happens."

"I'll let you know, as soon as I find out."

With a smile and hug for Kent and a wave to the rest of the people in the office, Candle leaves.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244877 10/06/09 05:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks, Candle! You've done some great work. Glad you're with us on this one.

I know a few people were negative about what you did, but everyone needs to remember all of us are guided by our own individual experiences. And it's easy to mistake the limits of one's experience for objective limits. I made my fair share of errors as a cub agent many moons ago.

Good luck with the dragons! I'll be in touch.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#244878 10/06/09 06:54 PM
Active
Active
Meanwhile at the front desk...
click to enlarge

I am called Doom Bringer. I am the head of my lord Zardi's Security Forces. I have been informed that you have a rouge werewolf in custody.

I am here to retrieve it.

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#244879 10/06/09 07:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(Security Officer Kenny Ketchum is manning the front desk.

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Bringer. As a security chief yourself, I'm sure you understand there are proper procedures to follow. If you'd like to have a seat, I'll contact my chief's office, and we'll get you an appointment as quickly as we can.

"Please help yourself to the pastries and coffee on the table over there. Made fresh by Fat Cramer herself! All pastries are vegan-friendly, and our creamers are 100 percent enhanced soy!

"Enjoy your stay. I'll be back as quick as I can."

Kenny exits, heading for Cobie's office)

#244880 10/06/09 07:11 PM
Active
Active
click to enlarge

Vegan Friendly? 100% Enhanced Soy?

Bah!

<He snaps his fingers and a silver chalice filled with a steaming crimson liquid appears>

Blood Wine!

#244881 10/06/09 07:51 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<walks into the lobby>

Doom Bringer is it? Officer Ketchum informed me of your request. I regret to tell you I can't comply. The werewolf in question attacked a citizen of Legion World, and a high ranking Security Officer at that. He's under arrest.

Even more, I've established for years that werewolves have no rights on Legion World if they are unable to curtail their bloodlust. So we are now pumping him full of a cocktail of liquid silver that will prohibit further changes. Once it takes effect and removes the werewolf curse--which it will do--he'll stand trial. I'll of course encourage you to speak at the trial.

The laws of Legion World are beyond reproach and I recognize no other.

Please tell your Lord. I'm sure he'll understand.

#244882 10/06/09 08:09 PM
Active
Active
click to enlarge
I should kill you for your arrogance, human. But my Master has ordered that your laws be obeyed.

For Now...

You should know... My Agents hunt the Elf Lord Legolas for crimes against your government and my Master.

When he is caught he will be punished by our laws and hung by the neck until he is dead.

As a gesture of good will between our governments we will do this in Founder's Park.

And throw a... Barbi-que? is that the word? A feast... for the masses as he slowly strangles.

Perhaps we will be lucky enough to serve Dragon Steaks...

<He raises his chalice to Cobie in a mock salute, and vanishes>

#244883 10/06/09 08:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(Kent walks back in immediately after)

Hey Cobes. I've been looking over Sharky's file and--

Cobie? Do you smell... sulfur? There's the unmistakable whiff in the air...

anyway, I agree with your suggestion.

#244884 10/06/09 08:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! That Doom Bringer guy is like officially creepy. Brrrr...

Mr Cobie-Cakes I know you want me to like hang with you and protect you from this latest influx of creeps and like mystical uglies...

But if I'm gonna do that I need to like visit Mr Tamper-Puss and get a few "specials" loaded.

I'm like thinking holy water, garlic, and stuff like that... a couple of silver bullets like dipped in holy water and/or garlic...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244885 10/07/09 09:26 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Sounds good Brit, better to stock up on that stuff now.

And Kent, I think Sharky will work well for what you have in mind. He was here a moment ago but most be following up on one of the cases. I'm hereby officially authorizing Sharky to report to you for this mission so we can make some headway. Make sure you use the tesseracts at all times.

In the meantime, I'm sure you've heard about that Doom Bringer fellow. I stood my ground and gained a little victory here, but that won't last long. He intends to find Legolas and execute him in Founder's Park. There are a few ways to play this but I don't think another forced confrontation will serve anyone. I think its time I headed out to Legion World, and found Legolas myself...

I'll be available by com-link should anyone need me. Stand fast, LMBers--we've got quite a fight ahead of us.

<exits>

#244886 10/07/09 09:33 AM
Active
Active
<arrives at Security Office>

Hile, good receptionist! Cobalt Kid sent an urgent summons, and I am here to add my blade to Legion World's defense.

<is brought forward to nearby conference room>

Greetings Kent Shakespeare and Everyday Girl. What is this? Cobalt Kid asks for my help and is not even here to accept it? Aye, my temperment towards him does not change much.

<sees a package waiting for him>

At least he had the good sense to leave me an explanation...

<reads the enclosed request of Sir Roy and instructions on what must be done. Upon Roy's completion, the request bursts into flames>

Interesting. I do not see yet why this requires an outside source and not one of his own security officers, but I'll gladly do it if the situation is as imperative as Cobalt Kid believes it to be.

<begins to walk out>

Farewell friends, it appears my stay here will be brief. I've a new mission: find Hrun the Barbarian!

<exits>

#244887 10/07/09 10:40 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(appears as an astral porjection)

Cobalt Kid...

I'll put this on a repeat until he gets here.

I found Legolas, but did not bother to apprehend him. He, of course, knows that he is wanted. He has inside information on Zardi, perhaps it would be best if you offered him some sort of protection.

Besides, I can not help but feel something similar about him...

I'm still helping out Lard Lad, I'll be active again as soon as possible.

(repeats until Cobalt Kid gets the message and then fades away)

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#244888 10/09/09 01:06 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Luna appears in a flash of green light, she looks for Cobalt Kid. When she sees that he is not near, she digs into her robe and pulls out her com-link.)

Cobalt, it's Luna.

I have finished with Lard Lad. He's not Lard Lad anymore. I do not believe that he is threat. I am going to my little office, you know where to find me if you need me.

Luna out!

(goes into her office)

#244889 10/09/09 02:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Candle comes in the office, sees that it's currently empty and goes to her 'special assignment' cubby.

She finds a note and directions to a large package in the baskets below.

The note reads:
Candle,

Thanks for getting that order in to Tamper Lad so quickly!
He had the items that he had rushed over later that same day.
I can only spare two nets now, but there will be more coming in a back order, soon.
I also included a couple of extra special issue items that might help.
Hope to see you soon and good luck on your mission.

Kent

Shady tucks the note away and leaves notes for Cobalt Kid and Shark Lad in their mailboxes.

She puts the package in a large backpack, slips it over a shoulder and leaves the office, a smile on her face.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244890 10/09/09 09:58 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by MysticLuna:
(Luna appears in a flash of green light, she looks for Cobalt Kid. When she sees that he is not near, she digs into her robe and pulls out her com-link.)

Cobalt, it's Luna.

I have finished with Lard Lad. He's not Lard Lad anymore. I do not believe that he is threat. I am going to my little office, you know where to find me if you need me.

Luna out!

(goes into her office)
Luna recieves a message from Cobalt Kid via Security Office com-link:

Luna, I'm currently close to finding Legolas and bringing him in. In the meantime, I can't return until I do so but I don't want to be cut-off from the loop. Feel free to join me but do not let anyone know where you are going; you can teleport directly into my bedroom, if I'm not there, I'll be by the pool area. Bring your bathing suit or something that gives on the appearance of a vacation. We want this approach to be casual.

#244891 10/10/09 06:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Candle:
Candle comes in the office, sees that it's currently empty and goes to her 'special assignment' cubby.

She finds a note and directions to a large package in the baskets below.

The note reads:
Candle,

Thanks for getting that order in to Tamper Lad so quickly!
He had the items that he had rushed over later that same day.
I can only spare two nets now, but there will be more coming in a back order, soon.
I also included a couple of extra special issue items that might help.
Hope to see you soon and good luck on your mission.

Kent

Shady tucks the note away and leaves notes for Cobalt Kid and Shark Lad in their mailboxes.

She puts the package in a large backpack, slips it over a shoulder and leaves the office, a smile on her face.
Ohmygod! That woman is like so... I don't even know how to say it... it's like a glow... almost like a halo but over her whole body.

Comforting but like way intimidating at like the same time...

Hi! How are you?
#244892 10/11/09 01:25 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(enters using the door)

Well, that was a bit refreshing.

Cobalt!!!

(into com-link)
Cobalt, this is Luna, I am taking reserve status. I will stay in my office and monitor things around here.

Luna out.

(turns to Kent who was following her)

Thank you, Kent.

I shall be fine making it to my office.

#244893 10/11/09 06:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A small tesseract opens in the main office, <span style="font-size: 56px;">0</span> and the LMPB members walk through. <span style="font-size: 80px;">*</span>

Cobalt immediately goes to the Office security boards and initiates total lockdown and shielding.

Candle sits in the nearest chair and slumps a little.
"I'm sorry Cobie, I'm the one who hyposprayed Carrie. She was trying to 'glamorize' Kent and take him to the Castle."

Candle takes a recorder from her vest, turns it on and hands it to Cobie.

"Here's a recording of the incident. You can see the exchange of banter, even though Kent knows Luna needs to go to Medicus I."

"The indicaters on the side here," she points out the relevant area, "records the assertion of her magical influence, it's spikes and growing assault on Kent's senses and mind."

"Where'd . . .?" Cobalt asks.

Kent, who's also found a chair, says wearily, "Tamper Lad was the source. I've added quite a lot of ordinance to our stores since Kardi and the Castle showed up."

MysticLuna walks in and makes her way slowly to the reception couch as Cobalt finds a seat on the corner of the desk.

"Her influence was great enough that Kent doesn't even remember how the encounter ended! sigh," Candle leans back in the chair.

"I think we're in deep do-do, ladies and gentlemen!"

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244894 10/11/09 06:55 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Once again, things are moving incredibly fast. I'll play catch-up as I go.

Shady, thanks for getting me up to speed. Apparently, Kent, they think you were responsible. They'll want me to arrest you, though Shady's testimony exonerates you. Still...maybe we can use that to our advantage...

<notices Luna>

Luna, are you okay?

<looks towards others>

Someone get me up to speed on what happened to Luna. She doesn't look to good and we'll need her more than ever.

#244895 10/11/09 08:44 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I am not fine. I already was at Medicus, over night, they do not know what is wrong with me.

All I know is that, I feel strange in the Castle, and I feel even more strange outside of it.

I was planning to go to my office and rest, then start my own investigation, but with Kent getting accused by the pixie woman, I interceded via hologram.

As I said before, I am sticking to monitor duty until further notice.

#244896 10/12/09 07:19 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<puts hand on Luna's shoulder>

Good, you need to rest, and try to get better. I'm not sure what ails you, but its obvious Zardi's presense on Legion World helped trigger in some way. Yet another mystery.

<to the others>

The hunt for Legolas continues across Legion World and instead of letting us help him, he continues to evade us as well. As tempting as it would be for Zardi's goons to simply tear him asunder, we can't allow it. So keep your eyes peeled. As it stands, all we tend to find are old LMB hangouts that he stops into and then leaves soon after.

Zardi's latest ploy was to try to use the LMBP Senate to impeach Lard Lad. While its actually not a bad point, given Lardy's current state, it won't work, since we have so many protections in place. Most importantly, our deputy leader, Cleome. If things do go that route, and Lardy is removed temporarily, this Office should serve as a major assistance to Cleome in holding temporary control of the LMBP.

And yet, Zardi appears to not have caused much real damage himself. Have any of you battled him or his minions yet? I'm still catching up on the large amount of activity on Legion World. Kent, I know you had a confrontation with Carrie-Ann...was it anything we can pursue legally?

Something else else to think on. In the meantime, I still have yet to meet this "Lardi the Incorruptible", I'm not sure where Shark Lad has gone, and still no word from My Whee Fem. Or Space Ranger for a few days, for that matter...

<walks into office>

Well buddy, we sure could use you right now...

<Cobalt looks to what at first appears to be a statue in the corner of his office, but on closer inspection is not>

Hidden from the other members of Legion World and the LMB is a carbonite form standing upright. It is Loser Lad, hidden here after all this time, a secret to all but a few .

#244897 10/12/09 09:52 AM
Deputy
Deputy
<Ranger walks into Cobalts office followed by a cloaked figure...>

Um... Cobalt, I'm not sure this is the best time to bring this up but...

<He turns and removes the robe from the figure behind him, revealing...>

click to enlarge

(The new uniforms for your interns have arrived...)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,359
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star