Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 48 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 04:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/16/24 03:57 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 03:17 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/16/24 02:45 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/16/24 02:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
#245023 03/21/10 08:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! I like don't know why I'd need an alibi.

But my current whereabouts are... Right frickin' here!

<Tosses two evidence packages and a thick report onto Cobalt's Desk>

There's the CSI report from Lard Lad's office,

<Turns and looks at Officer Taylor>

You're looking a lot better than you were the last time I saw you. Did you thank the EMT and Crew that broke every Legion World Speed Record Hauling your near dead ass to Medicus Two?

Now what was it I needed an alibi for?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#245024 03/21/10 08:07 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
We just want to know where you were when Lardy was shot, Brit. And before you start yelling and screaming again like the last time we saw each other its because the gunshots sounded just like your infamous pistols.

And since you're the best expert in firearms I know, I'd like: first, where you were; second, could anyone have gotten access to your weaponry and third, does anyone else have the know how in getting replicas of your hardware.

#245025 03/21/10 08:10 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh and before you ask, yes that silver bullet is a 9mm round, made by Tamper lad, to the Specs I gave him.

The ballistics report will show it wasn't fired by my weapons, but I've turned them over to Lt Starsky anyway. They're locked up in the Special Handling Locker. The reason I'm so late is I had to go home and get them, if you'll remember I was ready to quit when I came in earlier and mad enough that I decided not to carry.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#245026 03/21/10 08:14 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Thanks Brit.

<thumbs through report>

And for the record, I'm glad you didn't quit.

You all keep brainstorming. I'm going to take this and digest it all and see what else I can come up with.

As of right now, the Security Office is in crisis mode. So unless its Prom Night, we're all working around the clock.

(And even then...)

#245027 03/21/10 08:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'll go to my Office and...right, crime scene. I'll go to the lounge for a while.

<enters lounge and sees it's empty>

<opens his locker and brings out a long-untouched bottle of bourbon>

Ah. Hello, old friend.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#245028 03/21/10 08:19 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Waits until Officer Taylor is out of the room, then grabs Cobie and keeps talking.>

To answer your other questions, I was at the Main Monitor Panel in the lobby of the Admin building when the shot or shots were fired, Andy Voltron and his crew were with me, trying to figure out why the building had dropped off the grid and come back on twice in a 30 milisecond timeframe a few minutes before.

As for the sound, it sounded like one of mine because it was one of mine, or at least made to my specs, by Tamper, who I'm going to have a little talk with as soon as we're done here.

And there are several gun collectors on LW. and a few hundred replica copies of the Barretta 9mm SLK Pistol. None modified the way mine are but that really doesn't matter.

Hi! How are you?
#245029 03/21/10 09:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<Dev lands and walks into the office.>

Okay, got word that Furball is okay, but still unconscious.

Cobie, I'll explain things about him later. I didn't think things would go this bad, but with the various injuries he's had lately...hell, it was bound to happen sooner or later. He'll be alright, just trust me on that. Let's figure this out, then we'll sit down and talk.

I found nothing out of the ordinary that could have done that to him. I'm nowhere near as acute with my senses as he is, but even my vision couldn't pick up trace evidence anywhere.

I passed Space Ranger and told him something was going on here. I noticed that you guys were starting to all arrive here, so I thought we should check in.

Space Ranger was right behind me, he should be here any second.

I'll be back as soon as I can, I need to get the families of all the candidates out of sight.

Has anyone seen Ram or Deddy?

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#245030 03/21/10 09:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<back in the lounge>

<smashes bottle>

NO! Not goin' there!

I am NOT gonna repeat the mistakes I've made in the past and bury myself in self-pity!

If I'm destined to be a cop and not a superhero/supercop, then so be it! I'll be the BEST FUCKIN' COP I can be!!!

And it's past time I stop isolating myself from Rocky!

<leaves lounge>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#245031 03/22/10 08:26 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<leans against side of desk, with piping hot cup of coffee by his side; opens up manila folders>

The report was pretty basic. Had some good information but nothing that really gives us any leads...

<first evidence folder contains silver bullet, delicately wrapped with care; Cobalt throws it onto desktop>

Okay, the silver bullet. Created by Tamper Lad for Everyday Girl. So we know someone has either been hitting up EDG's stash or Tamper Lad created replicas of the weaponry he's publicly given Brit in the past.

<opens up second folder; at first its contents seem rather run of the mill for case files; suddenly he stops>

Ah. Now that is interesting...

<picks up forensics report and reads more closely>

Over ten million species of poisonous snake in the galaxy--some that can travel through space and create galactic empires. And here we are, with traces of some sort of snake poison on the bullet. But it doesn’t match any of those enormous catalogues of species the UP has.

Brainiac5

Unless it isn’t snake poison. Because it would have to come from someone’s hands…

<looks at rest of evidence package>

Well done, Brittney…there’s more than a few clues here…

<looks at material found from where the shooter was believed to have been; at first glance it looks like common trash>

Of course, it could be common pieces of trash around the building ledge. But in the 31st Century, on Legion World? I hope not. A scrap of magazine casually tossed on the ledge just wouldn’t fly with Legion World’s founders.

<examines magazine scrap; its an add for mild heat vision contacts which are all the rage in the back of magazines these days>

A common magazine ad, appearing in scores of different publications. Yet, there are only a limited number of places you can get paper magazines these days on Legion World since most take their news over the omni-com.

<sniffs it; seems to recognize something>

Silly Dark Oval publications, smelling like Dominator plant-machinery! And there is only one place you can get “The Dark Oval Current”, as I well know!

Caffeine!

#245032 04/02/10 03:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The front door cracks open, a darkness fills the room in moments and anyone left in the reception room stops abruptly and blinks their eyes, very, very slowly.

A small figure [Linked Image] glides through the door and flits across the room to an airduct on an inner wall.
Without hesitating, the tiny creature passes through the 'protective' screening and hides in the shaft.
With a whispered word, the front door closes silently and the darkness fades from the room.

Everyone starts moving again, continuing on with their conversations and activities, unaware of the lost moments and the silently listening intruder.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#245033 06/10/10 08:31 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Well team, since our last struggle with Phineas B. Fuddle, Space Ranger and I have come back to the Office of Security and I feel all of us have done a great job. Working in conjunction first with LardLad and now with Ram Boy, we've cleaned up Legion World and solved several long-standing problems. Gangs are at an all-time low with more youths involved in volunteerism, and the community is as vibrant as ever.

It's with this sense of accomplishment, I'm pleased to announce my retirement as Chief of Security--this time my real one. I want to go out now while times are good and there are no crisis looming, less I be stuck here forever.

It's been a good run and we've saved Legion World too many times to mention. I hope many of you will continue to serve and those who don't, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

As for me, I plan to focus on the Space Knights Templar which I am co-founder with Eryk Davis Ester, as well as various other businesses and projects I've neglected over the years, including renewing my interest in Legion World's scientific community.

I will always be here to defend Legion World as a member of the LMB and as one of your favorite heroes, I won't let you down.

It's been quite a ride since 3003--thanks for all the long years of support.

cheers

Cobalt Kid resigns as Chief of Security and the Office of Security, effective June 10, 3010.

#245034 06/11/10 10:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
cheers, boss!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#245035 06/12/10 09:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Maybe we can finally take that long weekend away that you've been promising me, Cobie. With your job here at the Office of Security and my duties as Psyonia's representative in the Legion World Senate keeping us so busy, it's like we never see each other lately frown

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#245036 06/12/10 09:36 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Hopefully that can change! Legion World has missed you, but no one more than me!

What do you say we give the ol' office one last go round? love

#245037 06/12/10 09:49 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Cobalt! ...Oops... Sorry shocked

Hello Princess... Umm... Long Time No See?

I'll Ummm... be back in a minute...

Truth and Justice Shall Prevail!
(Poppin' Hotties! No Silicone in those Super-Puppies... of Space!)

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,385
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
He Who Wanders
He Who Wanders
The world's your oyster
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star