Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #22 (SPOILERS) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LEGION #22 (SPOILERS)
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I haven't read hte issue yet, but I'm wondering: is Universo for sure from Titan? I know he was in the "Universe Ablaze" mini, but I wasn't sure if that was in continuity or not.

I only ask because it might be possible that he was being detained on Titan because of the nature of his powers, not because he WAS a Titanian. Who better to imprison a mentalist than a race of mentalists?

The first page refers to Universo as "the most powerful - and dangerous - telepath ever produced by the psionic people of Titan."

Unless they're breeding pointy-eared people for the sake of ethnic diversity ... [Smile]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
hopefully there's alot more to Universo than that, but they sure are boxing themselves in. this makes mysterious Universo nothing more than a "Titanor", who was seen in the early postboot story about the prison in the sun (forgot the title). and, if he's just escaped from imprisonment, why does he have that cool costume on?
do prisoners on titan all wear capes?
i enjoyed the issue but i agree it's taken along time to get to this point in the plot. Batista draws sensor pretty damn well. she's exciting to watch in action. but i wish she were a totally new character. nothing about her reminds me of Projectra or of Jeka Wyn'zrrrrr (whatever, i'm surprised they didn't call her Princess D'y). in addition to the TOTAL change in vocabulary and speech patterns, the only time she's used her illusion powers is in this issue, to show Ferro who she really is. she's thwacking her tail alot, but doesn't even bother to cloak herself in the illusion of her old form even though she doesn't want anyone to see her mutation. "boohoo! don't look at me!" duh-use your powers, princess! she's used them before to disguise herself as human. this needs to be explained to me. i wish DnA made themselves a little more acessible. i'd love to know their thinking on alot of these issues. looking forward to #25 and hopefully revealing text pages in the secret origins issue. [Triplicate Girl]

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Didn't Shikari have more armor in previous fights? More than a face mask and spikey shoulder pads, that is.

Most of her armor is hidden by her costume. The grey that you see, apart from her face, hands, and cleavage is actually part of her costume, not her skin. Confusing? Yes. I still don't understand why they gave her a costume that matches her skin.

Reminds me of the old Batman TV show where Robin wore skin-colored tights.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, how come the Legion Trivia and Homeworld Survivor threads appear above this one, even though this thread has more recent posts?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
This board has the ability to "headline" topics so that they're always at the top of the first page. Those two threads are currently the only ones headlined.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Some random thoughts on the most recent issue:

-It seems that DnA ae trying to establish Sensor with super strength with the way she flung Ferro into Violet

-mistake? KK and Ferro shouldn't have sounded relieved when they heard the news that the Lost Legionnaires had returned; Brainiac 5 already sent a message to Steeple

-This is the third time that the Legion has had to fight among themselves because of possession since the reboot - Emerald Legion, Blight, any others?

-I think that everything that the Legionnaies hae been seeing are not just hallucinations, but are prognastications shared by Dreamer. Cub isn't really a grown adult, but he will be eventually; Star Boy really didn't become a black hole, but his powers will go haywire; Darkseid isn't really attacking, yet.

-I predict that Ferro's "harmonic healing" has somehow made him immune to Universo's control.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with most of the positive comments on this thread.

Of course, I especially like the fact that Triad's
fighting skills are considered to be so formidable. (Even under hypnotic suggestion). This
is very consistent with her taking down Ra's previously. I am concerned that the writers need to address the fact that Lu cannot remain split for too long without becoming very ill. How long has she been under Universo's spell time-wise? Would she re-integrate when she needed too naturally despite the hypnosis?

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
"Harmonic powers of the Halpashar"?
*hic*
I smell a new Tyroc!!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by FRUNTaholic:
"Harmonic powers of the Halpashar"?
*hic*
I smell a new Tyroc!!

Steeple reminded me of Tyroc's island home since it only appeared in this dimension once every two hundred years. Is Steeple a rebooted Marzal? [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
*Bump* or *Bamf!* since it came from Page 2.... any more comments, folks?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I quite enjoyed this issue and the focus on 3 legionnaires (Sensor, KK and FL) was much welcomed. Before Sensor's transformation and with the KK and FL absent, I never got excited about them, but this issue changed that.

A few comments:

1.Why does Gear have the #10 on his costume?
2.Favourite art page: p.13 of this issue's fab 4
3.Kinetix looking a little Cheetah-ish on the bottom of p.17
4.Deliberate irony with Apparition to deliver the "SLAMM" that knocks KK out or just a cheap sucker punch from behind?
5.Kudos on KK's eyes: extremely well drawn. Finally, an artist who retains part of Val's Asian heritage (or am I wrong and he has no Oriental genes? I was always sketchy on his ethnicity.).

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:

1.Why does Gear have the #10 on his costume?

Could it be a simple binary code: 1 and 0?

Either that, or he's trying out for the Linsnerian Lakers.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
4.Deliberate irony with Apparition to deliver the "SLAMM" that knocks KK out or just a cheap sucker punch from behind?
5.Kudos on KK's eyes: extremely well drawn. Finally, an artist who retains part of Val's Asian heritage (or am I wrong and he has no Oriental genes? I was always sketchy on his ethnicity.).

4 -- I'm unclear -- what's ironic about Apparition taking out KK?
5 -- I think that KK's partly asian heritage was added on at some point after they decided to model his looks after Bruce Lee (since he was all the rage at that time).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
See my full review on the OFF THE CUFF thread but some general comments:

Batista kicks nass as does the colorist!

Did Andy's hand on Val's shoulder and his over-protectiveness of him slip by everyone? HooRAY-- It's OKAY to be GAY!

Goodbye Ferro Wuss, you won't be missed!

I'm of the notion that Triad *might* take down Val in a fight!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Did Andy's hand on Val's shoulder and his over-protectiveness of him slip by everyone? HooRAY-- It's OKAY to be GAY!

I certainly noticed it, but I wouldn't sign them up for the pride parade just yet -- right now if there's anything going on, DnA still have them closeted which to me, is nothing to celebrate. Hints and codes and implications have been the main diet for homosexuals for decades, so until they're out and proud, I don't see DnA saying it's "ok to be gay". I see them saying "nudge, nudge, wink wink" if anything.

And even if there was something, they'd still be playing it safe since Andy is in no position to be in a real physical relationship. Maybe it would make him more sympathetic or his physical detriment would be used to mirror the societal one that's present now -- we'll see...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.