Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #22 (SPOILERS) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LEGION #22 (SPOILERS)
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess nudge nudge wink wink is better than nothing... Heck, I'll take it!

Anyhoo, what with us silly homos becoming more accepted into polite society every day, a couple of Legion butt-monkeys CAN'T be too far off..!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
hehehe .... you said "monkeys".... (see the "words that make you giggle" thread...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is "hand on the shoulder," well known secret code for "Hi, we're a gay couple?"

Tell me soon, cause I may have some splainin to do!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hand on shoulder could have been anything, I agree. A hint, a teaser, an indication, just a gesture from a friend...

What I find really quite peculiar in The Legion is that there are no couples now, except Jo & Tinya. Well, Thom and Nura, but that's really going nowhere at this point. No romances. No crushes. I mean, teenagers - you'd think they'd be making and breaking up all sorts of relationships. Maybe the U.P. puts something in the water to dampen the hormones. It just doesn't make sense.

We need a ROMANCE issue!!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lord knows I'd like to see a gay character or two in the Legion-- but I kind of think it's more likely that the Ferro/KKid bond has more to do with Ferro's need to replace his dead twin brother (remember him?). Ferro hasn't been shown missing him, or thinking about him that I recall. But I'll bet he's felt lessened since Ingot's death.

Also, I'd think that Andy feels major gratitude for Val's selfless sacrifice of the decade-that-turned-out-to-be-a-few-months. Could lead to something else, sure.

You know who would make a good match for a gay Ferro? Mekt Ranzz...

...or maybe MEKT would think so and form an 'not-quite Fatel Attraction' to Ferro after another inevitable Ayla rejection scene.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Hand on shoulder could have been anything, I agree. A hint, a teaser, an indication, just a gesture from a friend...

I agree -- can't a heterosexual guy show affection for another without being labelled gay in this society? (not that there's anything wrong with it) Oh yeah, the answer's no.

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
... No romances. No crushes. I mean, teenagers - you'd think they'd be making and breaking up all sorts of relationships.

I agree that that's a dynamic missing from the team, but so is most interpersonal interactions at this point. DnA have preserved Triad's feelings for M'onel and Cham's connection to Ayla and there may be something brewing between Shikari and Wildfire, but it's definitely taken a backseat to universe-saving.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

No no NO! Straight folks CAN'T run around TOUCHING each other with impunity! It ain't NATURAL, I tells ya!!!

Those 2 sent my gaydar into RED ALERT!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[QB] No no NO! Straight folks CAN'T run around TOUCHING each other with impunity! It ain't NATURAL, I tells ya!!!

It shouldn't be allowed!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Straight men touching is a sign of the apocolypse!

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, next thing you know, they'll be marrying their pets! Think about that next time you see some guy pet his dog....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Another point on the "hand on shoulder" - Ferro must have a gentle touch, because if you slapped a few pounds of iron on my shoulder, I would, at the very least, wince - if not collapse.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
-- Speaking of trash talk, Sensor's attitude is definitely harsher in tone than the snake's.

DnA do seem to have completely jettisoned the "sweety-dear" matronly persona.

quote:
The helmet and his self-consciousness about his looks was something I always identified with (as a lot of other adolescent boys could I imagine).

Actually, I always identified more with Bouncing Boy. [Wink]

quote:
-- It's too bad we couldn't see a more fair Triad vs. Karate Kid duel.

You kidding? I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

I'm betting the Ferro-trapped-in-iron-form thing is just a stepping stone to another transformation. I think he'll end up looking completely different.

Because, lord knows, Kinetix hasn't changed form in an issue and a half.

Seriously, though, any predictions on what eventual form Ferro might take?

quote:
Perhaps the Halpashar priests could help Sensor become comfortable with her new appearance? I'd really like to see one of them become a Legionnaire...

I'm telling you.. harmonic powers, it practically screams Tyroc.

[Laugh Out Loud] "screams Tyroc." hee. I crack myself up.

quote:
I agree that I'd like to see more of the Val/Triad fight. At least he seems to consider her a challenge...

We'll he considered Tri-Jitsu a challenge, but he mopped up Lu pretty quick. Which is as it should be.

quote:
Mistake: Ferro should not have recognized Wildfire. Last time he saw him he was called ERG-1 and wearing a much dorkier looking suit.

He may have recognized Wildfire from the basic components of his costume. Ferro is a fashion designer, recall.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Downsides:
Ferro's impotence

[Confused] huh? What make you think that, just because he is now sporting an iron member, that Ferro is shooting blanks?

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Vi as a giant: just old

We all assume that Vi can both grow and shrink. But does anyone recall, since Vi inherited Gim's powers, have we seen her shrink? Do we know she can still do it?
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:

Even if Imra does awaken next issue, I don't know how she could (1) escape from the confinement chair, or (2) get past the hypnotized Legionnaires, unless she gets some assistance from Sensor. I can't see either taking down Universo alone.

Imra will probably just wrest control of some of the Legionnaires thanks to some serendipitous distraction of Uni.

What I question however, is why Sensor was not more effective this issue? If Uni was making the Legionnairs think they were fighting dog soldiers, couldn't Sensor have jusst given them another vision, say that they were judging the Westminster dog show?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.