Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #22 (SPOILERS) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LEGION #22 (SPOILERS)
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Drake, I don't think Ferro was threatening to do anything with Sensor's vertebra. I think he was just warning her that Karate Kid would have.

This was not how I interpreted Ferro's line on first reading. But going over it again, your interpretation certainly makes more sence.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
...is Universo for sure from Titan? I know he was in the "Universe Ablaze" mini, but I wasn't sure if that was in continuity or not.

I only ask because it might be possible that he was being detained on Titan because of the nature of his powers, not because he WAS a Titanian. Who better to imprison a mentalist than a race of mentalists?

EXCELLENT POINT! Has Uni referred to Imra as a relative at all yet in this story?

[Saturn Girl]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:

[qb] 4.Deliberate irony with Apparition to deliver the "SLAMM" that knocks KK out or just a cheap sucker punch from behind?

4 -- I'm unclear -- what's ironic about Apparition taking out KK?

Ironic in the sense that the Legion's most "non-contact" combatant takes out the most hand-to-hand combatant.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
-I think that everything that the Legionnaies hae been seeing are not just hallucinations, but are prognastications shared by Dreamer. Cub isn't really a grown adult, but he will be eventually; Star Boy really didn't become a black hole, but his powers will go haywire; Darkseid isn't really attacking, yet.

What was Darkseid's curse in the preboot? Something about the most innocent among them shall be the first to fall.... So, looks like Cub is the reboot Validus.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
VIOLET shrinks when fighting "The Atom" in THE LEGION 12.

And SHIKARI is seen holding hands with WILDFIRE in a wonderful splash page in THE LEGION 1, so I don't think it's out of chracter for her to hug Sensor.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Plus that whole "teleportation" trick during the Legion Subterfuge Squad days was accomplished using her shrinking powers...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
But does anyone recall, since Vi inherited Gim's powers, have we seen her shrink? Do we know she can still do it?

She did it against the "Atom" in that fight with the fake JLA.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
And SHIKARI is seen holding hands with WILDFIRE in a wonderful splash page in THE LEGION 1, so I don't think it's out of chracter for her to hug Sensor.

Regarding the hug, Sensor seems really distraught in that panel where Shikari's supporting her -- it seems an overly dramatic way to show how dire their situation is. Was Batista just hamming it up or does Sensor's expression there seem appropriate to others?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Sensor's physiological changes might be part of what's making her so emotional, which could explain this scene as well.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the scene between Sensor and Shikari WAS a tiny bit manufactured. On the other hand, Sensor has been through a hell of a lot. Maybe the hard shell she has developed just coulen't hold up there. I WAS surprised to see Shikari's reaction (the comforting embrace) but also pleased as well. I can see Kari playing the comforting role. Don't know why, but I can. She already has been playing counselor to Brainy, as well. An interesting evolution of her persona, and I think welcome. Also, a major difference from Dawny's coldness, which will only strengthen the differences between the two (I stand firmly in the camp that Shikari is NOT Dawny rebooted.)

What was far more interesting and emotional to me was Ferro's hand on Val's shoulder. Much as I am loath to disagree with Lash, I think that gesture is FAR more poignant as a gesture of friendship, rather than romantic love. Val stayed with him when he was injured, rather than leave him alone on Steeple. I think he loves Val very much at this point, but as a brother. I hope this friendship stays strong.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
While deep down I agree 100% with what Jeffey said re: Val and Andy, I'll thank him and the rest of you for allowing me to continue to dwell in my little dream world!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I think that Ferro's hand on Val's shoulder was nothing more than Ferro urging Val--who looks like he's about to attack S&S--to show some restraint. Why Val is assuming this aggressive stance against 2 barely conscious strangers who are wearing Legion flight rings is what doesn't make sense to me...

I also found it odd that Shikari embraced Sensor in that scene. She's been characterized as a loner among her own people and an outsider among the Legion up until now. She armors up and shoots those spikes out the instant she feels threatened or uncomfortable. She's never struck me as the touchy/feely/huggy type, in fact, she's so standoffish, she hasn't even bothered to learn her teammates' names. Val or Andy putting the hug on Sensor would've made more sense to me. Shikari strikes me more as the "suck it up" type.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I think Shikari was labelled a loner amongst her people more for the fact that she has that independent warrior streak. Even when we first see her in "LL" she's flying around with others. I think she was a bit out of place with her own people, but feels like she fits in with the Legion, so I don't expect her to be a loner or stand-offish with her teammates.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In the opening scene on Titan, where Universo faces the arriving Legion, everybody seems to be there, including Chuck and Gear (are they or aren't they Legionnaires?).

One person missing is Shvaughn Erin - she isn't always around but I wonder is she's just off nursing her wounded ego after the Ra's escape fiasco, or will she be playing a part later?

Of course, Cub is missing too - although his parents are there - but he's not part of the team. Still, I have high hopes for him to play a part in saving the day.

Now you know who could really save the Legion from Universo? Who is able to resist all sorts of mind manipulation because of their "weaker intellects"? THE SUPER-PETS! Hold your applause, thank you.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So true, FC! Remember the Brain-Globes of Rambat! Remember the fake Luck Lords!

Who could defeat them other than the Super-Pets?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.