Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion love lives...! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Legion love lives...!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I would agree about not counting Condo in the preboot, for the reasons you suggested (author intent). However, by the same token, I'm inclined to count "C", since the authors of that tale have revealed that it was meant to refer to Condo, and a romantic encounter at that.

I guess Brainy should count as well.

I'm pretty certain Lyle's Adventure era date had a name, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

And her name was Markita.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Triplicate Girl in GR. Luornu strikes again!
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! Suddenly I'm completely forgetting those GR romances!
Tromium
Decrystallized

Postboot, Ayla showed interest in Lyle when she thought he was her secret admirer.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Probably Zynthia. That slut has put out for every boy in an L-belt.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Good point, OO. I'm pretty sure she's the only person in Legion continuity to ever be called a shameless hussy in the book's very pages!

As for Lyle, I can't think of any crushes he's had...though I do recall Catspaw admiring him and Brainy from afar in the SW6 days and post-boot, Charma's kidnapping of Lyle and lusting after his life and formula could almost be counted as an obsessive crush gone wrong. I think I'm grasping at straws on the last one though. [Invisible Kid - Post-Boot]

Perhaps we should admit inanimate objects to the list? I know for a fact Lyle must love headbands...we've rarely seen him without one! [Wink]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:

Perhaps we should admit inanimate objects to the list? I know for a fact Lyle must love headbands...we've rarely seen him without one! [Wink]

That's becasue the headband is actually a nural transmitter which allows activates his powers. Most people whink his power is inate, having come from a special serum he invented, but that's only bacause he'd be booted out of hte Legion if anyone found out that the power really comes from the headband device he stole from the SP forbidden weapons asteroid while a spy in the employ of the UP.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

quote:
However, by the same token, I'm inclined to count "C", since the authors of that tale have revealed that it was meant to refer to Condo, and a romantic encounter at that.

Off topic, but I never understood why Lyle felt he had to resign as Legion leader as soon as he received "C's" note. WTF were the two of them planning to do anyway? Couldn't have been a simple romantic tryst -- something more sinister. Then he goes and dumps everything on Saturn Girl, and ruins HER love life. Lyle has some 'splaining to do!

I vote no to inanimate objects, since they're usually incapable of informed consent.

Eryk Davis Ester

Lyle's Love Life

Myla: Preboot ghostly love interest whom he may have spent all eternity with

Condo Arlik : Postboot love interest, sender of "C" note

Querl Dox (Brainiac Five): Postboot mysterious kiss on cheek (and possible holos)

Markita: Preboot date who schemed to marry him

Luornu Durgo (Triplicate Girl): Preboot "Girl's Revolt" seduction

Eryk Davis Ester

Next up: Brainiac Five!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Preboot, Supergirl and Robot Supergirl of course, which was retconned to Andromeda and Robot Andromeda.

That Dr. Chaseer or whatever her name was had a crush on him, don't recall if he felt the same.

Then there's Brainy & Lyle, of course...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

Well, he slept with Dr. Chaseer. Not sure exactly how he felt about her...
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
He knocked boots with her? I didn't remember that... I think I'm due for a re-read of the Baxter issues...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

In LSH #30, "Brainy's Lucky Day!". It also contains some significant scenes in the development of the Ayla-Vi friendship/romance!
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.