Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion love lives...! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Legion love lives...!
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Post-boot he seemed interested in Kinetix, though Violet was of the opinion that Zoe was simply amused by his headgear.

The SW6 version once managed to misinterpret some kind words from Gossamer, to his chagrin.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think we still saw shades of a crush on Vi postboot.

And of course, Vi comes first. Gigi relationship was retconned in after.

I recall in the ADV era adult Legion story he was one of hte few Legionnairs not shown to have married as an adult. And although we did occasionally see some of the boys out on dates in the ADV era, I don;t recall Gim ever hooking up.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
oh yeah, forgot Zoe. Hard time first sight crush on her
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
I recall in the ADV era adult Legion story he was one of hte few Legionnairs not shown to have married as an adult.

OMIGOSH! We've forgotten to add the Adult Legion relationships! It's no more or less valid than Elseworlds. EDE?

Plus, I dunno if it's any help but here's a link to the page with the LSH relationships poster circa 1998. Unfortunately, we can't link directly to the image so you have to scroll down for the link.

Legion Relationship Poster

[ June 29, 2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Tromium Crystal ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll add the Adult Legion relationships in when I get the chance.

And, I believe the postboot Vi had a crush on Gim, not the other way around. Wasn't that revealed during the post-Emerald Eye therapy or something?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think you're right on that EDE. Gim never seemed to be interested in Vi, so any indication of it would have been very ambiguous.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Gim's Love Life

GiGi Cusimano: Preboot v3 revelation as pre-Adventure era girlfriend

Salu Digby (Shrinking Violet): Preboot long-term crush beginning in at least Bates/Shooter era; Postboot admirer

Yera: Preboot wife beginning in Levitz era

Zoe Saugin (Kinetix): Postboot crush

Ayla Ranzz (Gossamer): SW6 era misinterpretation of intentions

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Cham?
Eryk Davis Ester

Let's see, there's Eldwina, Janice Warren, Ambassador Jeryl, Ayla, anyone else?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Let's see, there's Eldwina, Janice Warren, Ambassador Jeryl, Ayla, anyone else?

Cosmic Boy, ADVENTURE COMICS #303, Dec. 1962. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... I'm countin' that!
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl. Cham tried to kiss her in "Girl's Revolt".
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so it looks like we've got:

Reep's Love Life

Eldwina: Preboot engagement during Adventure era

Janice Warren: Preboot dated beginning in Action era

Ayla Ranzz (Spark): Postboot dated

Ambassador Jeryl: Preboot v2 flirtation

Kara Zor-El (Supergirl): Preboot "Girl's Revolt" date

Rokk Krinn (Cosmic Boy): Preboot posed as a couple during Adventure era

Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, for Lyle, there's Myla, Condo, and wasn't there an Adventure era love interest as well?
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

I would argue against Condo. The author of the Secret Origins story has explicitly, and repeatedly, stated that he never inteneded the type of relationship some fans inferred from the story.

Of course, we can possibly count "C." That *might* be Condo, but then again, "C" could have referred to some spy meeting and not have any romantic connotations either.

I do believe Lyle was shown interrupting a date with some unnamed girl for a Legion mission during the Adventure era.

And, do we count the recent Brainy kiss?

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.