Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Deb Discussions (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deb Discussions
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep! He was posting while I was composing!

Sussa- 4
Xenn - 4
Jenni- 3
Stills-2
Somi- 0

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Some changes are in the works!

I've been thinking about what Teeds was saying about rejections. I decided that we should still have votes for whose holo was least popular, but then still allow all of the Debs to compete all the way through! The hitch? Less judge time.

So, for the first challenge, we will declare a tie between Sussa and Xenn. Basically, both of them have received a vote *against* becoming the final winner.

The next challenge is done! Hang on....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Is that Crystal Kid back there?

Even better, that's Echo-Chamber Chet!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, which PEARLY holo is your least favorite?

The Deb whose holo is selected as least favorite will have a strike against her becoming the Belle of the Ball at the Cotillion.

Thank you!

(I hope this isn't too confusing!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
SOMI. A stunner. This Lass is knocking them out of the space-park!

XENN. Beautifully askew. She is fabulous.

STILETTA. I dig the naughty vibe, but to be honest, I've seen this holo before. (Not this one. You know what I mean.)

SUSSA. I don't quite love the garland, but I have to applaud the fresh idea. I do like the way the free ends are loose along her left side.

JENNI. Among other things, Jenni is 1. cute as the dickens 2. a sweetheart 3. a member of the Flash family. You can see all three of these things in this holo. You know this pic is going to be hanging in her dad's house.

I respond least to: STILLETTA's holo.

Bodacious Nura!!

No-nonsense Nila!!

And then there was that lad....

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Teeds,
SO glad you replied before I logged off! Now I can go enjoy the rest of my weekend!!!!

The poll for THIS challenge shall remain open until Tuesday-ish.

The next challenge is totally different than what we've seen so far. Can't wait to start pencilling it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Somi is my least favourite but I'm so glad I don't have to reject her.

Stiletta almost got chosen since she'll have to take those pearls out of her mouth eventually to nibble on the cucumber sandwiches. Of course, if Eve & Tenzil's daughter were here, she'd be eating the pearls... a happy future scene?

Jenni = wow! Xenn = WOW!

Sussa's sedate, but takes the beehive to dizzying new heights.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
I still think Xenn is boring... so I'm voting her out.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
An easy task this time. All are great, except for Jenni. She suffers from thin-neck syndrome.

Really liked Somi and Susa, and Xenn made me giggle.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to vote for Jenni as least fave.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say Stiletta is my least favorite. She's just so... so... well, whatever. She gets my boo vote.

Jenni's was probably the next weakest, though I did like how her pearls followed her from behind like she'd just raced over.

Sussa and Somi definitely tie for favorite in this challenge. I love how each incorporated the pearls. Classic and classy. [Big Grin] Pefect!

Xenn was sort of middle of the road for me. I feel like this one had more personality and I liked the way the pearls were done but... meh. She needs more pop to be a true deb.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who has the least favorite holo this round? So far:
Stills 2 votes
Jenni 2 votes
Somi 1 vote
Xenn 1 vote
Sussa no votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've finished pencilling the rest of the competition!!!

I'll scan and color as I can, and post the next challenge after the long weekend.

This one's a lot of fun for me.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm a smidge fashionably late to the Ball, but here's what I have to say:

I can tell Dean and Teeds are having a LOT of fun with this one... it SO shows.

I'm VERY glad there aren't any eliminations this time... I assume I'll be able to go back and vote on the first challenge I missed?

ROUND ONE:

I'm a sucker for white and navy... luved Jenni's picture and her bevy of beaus.

Of course, Sussa would show up with bad-bois. HOT!

Xenn had best prepare her nads-kicking foot for action.

Stiletta... Sugyn! CHET!!! Oh, I loved this!!

Somi's playful side was fun but somehow seemed too distracting.

Least favorite this round... It's between Somi and Sussa. If pressed, I'm going to say Somi. I think she's been sipping too much spiked space punch. Settle down and be stll, Somi, before people start talking!

PEARLS:

WOW-- this was a cool round.

LUVVED Somi's animated pearl shot.

Jenni got to the frame before her pearls quite did-- cute!

Stilletta-- *tee hee!* That's funny!

Xenn-- Why, you naughty little minx!

But SUSSA--- beyond fab! Elegant, beautiful! She definitely takes this round for me! YAY!

It was hard to name a least fave here, but if pressed I'll go with Stilletta, grudgingly.

Now I get to go back and read all the comments!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Somi-- easily my favorite. It was the glow in her eyes... a simply lovely effect. The floating pearls was a subtle demonstration of her powers-- but remember, Life Lass doesn't just make inanimate things move... she gives them temporary *life*.

Xenn-- I liked this one, but Xenn kind of creeps me out.

Stiletta-- Stiletta took the most obvious route. I've seen the 'pearls in the mouth' shot many times. It's still sexy, though... and gets across the look she was going for.

Still, I have to vote this one as least favorite.

Sussa-- I would've liked to see some intertwining between pearls and hair. I didn't get the sense that it was her prehensile hair holding itself up, but an industrial-sized application of hairspray.

Jenny-- Love her expression, but I think you always give XS good 'face'. I like the speedstress-in-pearls angle.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.