Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Deb Discussions (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deb Discussions
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang... I can see the thumbnail on my TV screen but the webTV is fussy about showing the full-size image.

From what I can see, all look very lovely.

I think I'll hold my vote a while and vote based on whichever poster makes the most valid case for their least favorite.

I know Teeds knows her deb dresses, but Cramer makes a valid point about being able to waltz. I'll see what others have to say....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Late for Round 3 (it's my own fault; I couldn't decide whether to vote against Somi for looking drab, or against Jenni for wearing her costume. I wouldn't have voted against Stiletta: although I acknowledge the "Eeuuww" factor in the pose, she had the best *outfit* in that round, which more than compensated).

Sussa remains the model to beat in this competition, especially since *all* of her competitors made weak hairstyle choices in Round 4. I like all of the dresses, so I'm voting against Xenn as the model with the least flattering hairdo (she needs something with more volume to balance out her eyes).

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll agree with BRM, I respond the least to Xenn in this round.

Jenni and especially Sussa are great.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Somi is telekinetic. If she wants to waltz, she can.

More to the point, Somi is a debutante. If she wants to waltz, she will.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Good morning!

Least favorite so far?
Xenn- 2 votes
Somi- 1 vote
Jenni- 1 vote
Sussa- 0 votes
Stiletta- 0 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I updated the Debs' group holo posting by adding another copy of it, bigger than the thumbnail, yet not as big as the original. Hope that helps!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stiletta: Looks good, if a tad Ravenesque.

Jenni: Great expression... though it isn't evident here, isn't Jenni shorter than most fems? This would be the wrong dress choice for her if so.

Sussa: I think she's my favorite... the silhouette of the dress balances her hair, which for her, I think always looks best free and unfettered.

Xenn: Looks out of her element. Least favorite, for me.

Somi: Probably my second favorite. Y'know, I was thinking... could Somi animate her own hair? And out-Sussa Sussa?

I like her dress-- stiff *ain't* a prob for Life Lass-- but the hair? A little too Night Girlie, maybe? Something about it doesn't work for me.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Still doesn't do anything for me this round. Guess she's gonna get my least fav vote.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the votes!
Least favorites?
Xenn 3 votes
Stills, Jen, Somi 1 each
Sussa 0

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've added some candid shots from the ball to the contest thread. Enjoy!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Under duress, I suppose I'll vote for Xenn as my least favorite. I think her dress was too daring after the conservative attitude she showcased throughout the competition.

But, honestly Dean, they were all amazing. Really gorgeous gowns, jewelry, etc. all around. [Big Grin] True debutantes to the end!!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Again another tough round to choose a least favorite. I have to say Xenn this round.

Jenni & Somi look like princesses, which is how a deb should look at a cotillion. Stiletta's dress is stylish. And Sussa does have her hair power to make her look stunning.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There all pretty brilliant, but I'm going to go for Jenni, just because that dress definitely strikes me as wrong for her.

Xenn didn't really do much for me this round, either.

The other three are fantastic, though!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, that helped a lot... thanks!

Sussa definitely takes this round. She looks beautiful!

Stilletta has redeemed herself... so classy (no one has to know she spiked the space-punch)!

Somi looks marvelous... Lydda isn't the only one who can do the beehive 'do.

So I'm down to Jenni and Xenn... Jenni looks almost over-the-top while Xenn just doesn't inspire much feeling in me this round at all. "Over-the-top" must win out against "little inspiration".

Xenn for least favorite.

BTW, Veilmist looks absolutely smashing and I loved the candids!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I know this may seem abrupt, but the polls are closed! There is enough of a margin to call it.

The results have been tallied and will be explained after the winner is declared.

[ June 02, 2007, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.