Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans GO!!!! (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Teen Titans GO!!!!
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Are most of these characters you mention from actual DC stories - or created exclusively for the Teen Titans cartoon?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
A lot of these characters have been seen before in the Titans cartoon -- it's a mix of original creations and characters based on comic book characters.

Of the heroes image (thumbnail on page 8 of this thread), it's odd they didn't include Kid Flash since he's seen on one of the monitors last week.

Regarding "Trust":
Great episode! I had no idea who Joto was, but I love Hotspot (maybe partly for certain similarities to a certain hotheaded Legionnaire...??). I'm glad he didn't come off as just cannon fodder even though I pretty much knew Madame Rouge would have to win at the end. He still put up a great fight and showed that he's a power to be reckoned with.

Was Joto able to "flame on" the way Hotspot does or was that something they came up with for the cartoon?

[ October 08, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's see....

in DC Comics, we have Mad Mod, Dr. Light, Fearsome Five (Jinx, Psimon, Mammoth, Dr Light, and Gizmo), HIVE, Plasmus, Brotherhood of Evil (Gen. Immortus, Madame Rouge, M. Mallah, the Brain), Phobia, Warp, Brother Blood, Deathstroke, Terra, Thunder and Lightning, Hotspot (Joto), Argent, Bushido, Red Star, Wildebeest, Gnarrk and Kole, Pantha, Kid Flash, Bumblebee (truly kicks butt!), Aqualad, Speedy, and Jericho.

They ALMOST are all different from their cartoon counterparts.

The rest of the others are new and created for the cartoon...who knows maybe some of them will jump into the comics book like Harley Quinn did?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Add three more to the comics list: Trident, Puppet King (Puppeteer), and Killer Moth.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Add three more to the comics list: Trident, Puppet King (Puppeteer), and Killer Moth.

oops add three more to the comics list: Mal Duncan, Killowatt, and Tramm (Lagoon Boy).
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Ahhhh !!! found the answer to the villains line up pictures! here it is as extracted:

"The Brotherhood of Evil villain line-up [from left to right]: Billy Numerous, Dr. Light, Mammoth, Gizmo, Jinx, Psimon [first appearance], Cinderblock, Red X, Adonis, Trident, Puppet King, Jonny Rancid, Mumbo, Professor Chang, Plasmus, Kid Wykyyd [Hive student], Angel [Hive student], Warp, Phobia [first appearance], Punk Rocket, Killer Moth, Kardiak, XL Terrestrial [Hive student], Billy Numerous, Kitarou, Atlas, Billy Numerous, Andre Le Blanc [first appearance], Control Freak, Wintergreen [Slade's butler], Instigator [Hive student], Hive Headmistress, [Unknown villain], Billy Numerous, Kitten, Fang, Mad Mod, Barbarian Witch, Steamroller, Malchior, Master of Games, Mother Mae Eye, Ding Dong Daddy [first appearance], Bob & The Source, Overload, See-More, Private Hive, Cheshire [first appearance]."

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Again, found another tidbits which found me baffled: As extracted from the site:

"Any comic book Teen Titans fan can name the five original Titans - and they aren't Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg. The Titans first appeared in 1965, and a later flashback tale revealed their first adventure and core line-up: Robin, Aqualad, Speedy, Kid Flash and Wonder Girl. Comic fans have enjoyed the animated arrivals of Aqualad and Speedy since the show began. And word broke out that Kid Flash was slated for season five. But it looked like Wonder Girl would never make an appearance on the series. The creative team desperately wanted to use Wonder Girl - but due to legal and licensing reasons - she was not available for use.

But eagle-eyed viewers with freeze-frame will notice a special treat in Saturday's episode, HOMECOMING [part two]...

If you look carefully at the Brotherhood's viewscreens, there is an 'unidentified' black haired girl with a ponytail and yellow star earrings. This is Wonder Girl's first and only 'unofficial' appearance on the series. The viewscreens grouped the five founding Teen Titans together Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, Speedy and Wonder Girl. It is the closest the series will ever get to the five of them appearing onscreen at the same time!"

I have a question regarding the legality of Wonder Girl...how come not called her simply "Troia" to avoid the problem of legality? Will it work?

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't get it...Isnt Mad Mod a reformed fashion designer in the current DC Universe?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

yes very different from cartoon and Comics.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

How long you been a Titans fan, mate?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

more than 25 years. [Smile]
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

So that would be around the Wolfman/Perez era?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

yeah and before that too.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

I don't know if your memory goes back to the early 70's Titans (when Nick Cardy was still drawing,) but i posted a question on one of the other Titans threads which might be of interest to you...It must be a "toughie", coz nobody has figured out the right answer yet... [LOL]
superboymddjr
Quiet member

hmm show me where can I find the thread?
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.