Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans GO!!!! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Teen Titans GO!!!!
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, the 1966-1967 Filmation version...Kid Flash had black hair instead of red...

Aquaman had this really groovy telepathy-thing going with undersea life.

Mera, i think, was there to supply a romantic interest, tho i didnt see much sexual tension of any sort. (what else could you expect from a kid's cartoon?) Poor Aqualad must have been so left out without his Tula...

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what I mean by Aquaman being a "mera-ish" is that he has a water power that he can create a water ball to fire at and can spin like the Flash to create a Whirlpool. So that's how I identified him as Mera in a disguise.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Thinking about it in an adult perspective, that was a gimmick i could never quite swallow - but when i was a kid (and having no prior knowledge of the character) those tricks with the water ball and the whirlpool were awesome!

Mera got into trouble a hell of a lot...typical woman! [LOL]

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah agreed with you but when I waas younger I used to collect (and still collect) Aquaman books and I was wondering why can't Aquaman have a water power - and I was confused between TV and comics...(I was way younger like maybe 7 or 8 years old) even thought that Aquaman could fly (due to Super Friends' introduction and thought I saw him once that he was flying alongside Wonder Woman and Superman. Aquaman is one of my favorite heroes...when I live in Florida, I used to practice staying underwater for a long time - my best record was close to 3 minutes, beating out my Dad and my sister and made a staement that I was Aquaman's partner - Aquaboy. Heh.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Oh god...what were they thinking by making Aquaman fly? [ROTFLMAO]

In a funny way, in the early issues of Teen Titans (before Tula came along), Aqualad's behaviour was a little "suspect"...:wink:

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
I hate liberties taken by cartoons when they adapt from the DC stable either by character design or story ideas...I mean Poison Ivy over in the Batman cartoon looks nothing like she does in the comics

I think they need to take liberties. They're building things from scratch after all (for a new audience that is). But of course, some character concepts can only be stretched so far before it seems like they've gone too far (the last "Avengers" cartoon for instance). It's all subjective of course, but I liked X-Men: Evolution more than the other X-Men cartoon because I thought it was better written and the animation was a lot better, imo.

Getting back to the "Teen Titans" ep, I loved seeing Negative Man animated. Even liked his attitude. Speaking of liberties, I wasn't won over by Robotman's added bulk. He seemed more like The Thing to me. I'd also like to see some one-on-one interactions between the team members next time.

[ September 25, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
I hate liberties taken by cartoons when they adapt from the DC stable either by character design or story ideas...I mean Poison Ivy over in the Batman cartoon looks nothing like she does in the comics

I liked X-Men: Evolution more than the other X-Men cartoon because I thought it was better written and the animation was a lot better, imo.
I respect your opinions, Drake, just as i am sure you would respect mine. The early 90s Xmen cartoon had better animation from the likes of Rick Hoberg, Larry Houston, and Jim Janes...and it freely adapted conceptual ideas from the Claremont/Byrne run...The "Jean-becoming-Phoenix" saga in particular was mind-blowing and the special effects were extraordinary.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Whoa!!! did anyone see the new epidsode of the Teen Titans tonight? Madame Rouge....Monsieur Mallah....but there was one surprise that threw me off guard - the appearance of General Immortus! I saw Phobia near the end of the show....and Jericho, Kole and they went too fast...I wish they show one more time! Looks like Deathstroke may work for the Brain....alongside Mad Mod, Plasmus, Johnny Rancid(? that name right?), Mother Fairy (can't remember her name - the one who put the Teen Titans in a giant pie to be cooked...), Jinx, Mammoth, Gizmo (I am still waiting for Shimmer to appear!!), and many villains I cannot name because it went too fast too! Anyone caught any unusual villains or heroes? I thought I saw Bushido but was not sure of it.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Ohmigod - its deja vu all over again...Didnt you ask this over in the "Cartoon Netwoork - Teen Titans" thread? [Confused]
superboymddjr
Quiet member

yeah I thought that it would be a good idea to start a new thread that is devoted to the Teen Titans cartoon and hope to see anyone to participate in discussing about the cartoon show. *finger crossing*
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Have you ever seen the cartoon Sailor Moon, Supes? The animation is soooo similar - i wouldnt be surprised if Jason Pearson (that exceptionally unexceptional artist in the 5YL run) had a hand in the animation stakes too. [Shudder]
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Good 2nd half for a 2-parter. I liked how they did Madame Rouge. I was glad when Beast Boy finally told off Mento and snapped him out of his funk. More Rita and Negative Man was good. Raven's reaction to learning Beast Boy's real name was priceless. I can't wait to see all the upcoming guest-stars.

Next week is Robin helping out Hot Spot and Wildebeest in Morocco.

[ October 02, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Comics Continuum had this:
Click for fullsize image

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Thank heavens for the arrow indicating page magnification: I think i can spot in the crowd scene: Gnarrk, with Lilith (i think) on his shoulders, Bumblebee, Jericho and Red Star... [Big Grin]
DrakeB3004

Did anyone else think The Brain's design was based on a Dalek?

It was interesting how Mento and the Doom Patrol had such a fatalistic attitude considering what we know about the fate of the original team.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.