Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » April 2011 Election Debate Thread (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: April 2011 Election Debate Thread
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates

If you are not going to get close to Plato's Republic how close to a Monarchy on Pluto can you get?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We'll make Pluto Pup viceroy of his namesake planet.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We'll make Pluto committ ritualistic suicide for irony's sake.

Oh, we won't? Er, Dev, maybe you should take these questions. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a bit concerned with the uber-agressive stance that the candidates have taken towards the DCMBs. While I have no problem, in principle, with the complete eradication of other message boards, whether through nuclear bombardment or retconning, it is important to me that such actions not be taken unilaterally, or for the wrong reasons.

So what assurances can the candidates give me that the complete and total annihilation of the DCMBs will only be undertaken for humanitarian purposes, and with the consent and cooperation of the inter-message board community?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Candidates

If you are not going to get close to Plato's Republic how close to a Monarchy on Pluto can you get?

I think Disney might have something to say about that. I don't think we can afford a lawsuit.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I'm a bit concerned with the uber-agressive stance that the candidates have taken towards the DCMBs. While I have no problem, in principle, with the complete eradication of other message boards, whether through nuclear bombardment or retconning, it is important to me that such actions not be taken unilaterally, or for the wrong reasons.

So what assurances can the candidates give me that the complete and total annihilation of the DCMBs will only be undertaken for humanitarian purposes, and with the consent and cooperation of the inter-message board community?

I can think of several boards that would gladly join in a coalition against the said DCMB. It's not that I hate the boards there...it's just that they are no fun and while we have saved some from the fate of being stuck there forever...how much longer can the threat they pose be ignored?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
After a thousand years of injustice, will Any candidate return Pluto to Planet Status? And if so, who will name me emperor of said planet...?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Vote Seekers!,

Like EDE I too worry about stuff (but without a funny hat on). For instance, I'm currently deeply worried about the scrawny, anemic, (one might say non-existent) pensions that are currently bestowed upon previous esteemed leaders.

How would you address this very pressing matter?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
After a thousand years of injustice, will Any candidate return Pluto to Planet Status? And if so, who will name me emperor of said planet...?

I say it is and always has been a planet. You want it...you got it.
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

You already have Uranus. You need Pluto too?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Vote Seekers!,

Like EDE I too worry about stuff (but without a funny hat on). For instance, I'm currently deeply worried about the scrawny, anemic, (one might say non-existent) pensions that are currently bestowed upon previous esteemed leaders.

How would you address this very pressing matter?

I need someone to head up the committee to determine what the current retirement salary should be...as an added all you really have to do is throw some random numbers at me...the rest is easy...relax abnd collect a paycheck.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, Uranus. Lovely place. Kinda brown, but, whaddayagonnado? brown round mounds of renown. Slight smell to the place though.

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates,

Imagine this unlikely scenario:

If you had only 3 days to approve Legion World's budget before a worldwide shutdown, would you raise taxes or cut vital programs (such as the pensions of former LMB leaders)?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Ah' say shoot all'a tha polyticians inter oudder space and save evvahbody munney!

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Candidates,

Imagine this unlikely scenario:

If you had only 3 days to approve Legion World's budget before a worldwide shutdown, would you raise taxes or cut vital programs (such as the pensions of former LMB leaders)?

I'd have to say a comibination of the two...on an intirem basis.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.