Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » April 2011 Election Debate Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: April 2011 Election Debate Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Candidates, My son will be turning six this year. I am in need of people to dress as clowns and be physically pummeled, drink to excess and pass out while in said clown outfit, and then tossed into the canal out behind where my folks live. There will be little money involved, and pictures will be taken of you for internet humiliation purposes.

First one to volunteer not only gets my vote, but a freeopen bottle of beerused.

Whom will it be?

I volunteer my worthy opponent.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Candidates:

A cruiser leaves Legion World traveling at half the speed of light for 31 parsecs, while a second cruiser, departing a half an hour later, travels at one third the speed of light for half the distance. A third departs at the same time as the second, traveling in the opposite direction, but has a stopover at Nullport for one hour before continuing on for two times the distance of the first, but only at half the speed of the second. A fourth is delayed for repairs, departing two hours behind schedule, but offers the passengers a voucher for future travel, and a complimentary breakfast. My question is, what do you plan on doing about the trending depopulation of Legion World?

Tax incentive.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Candidates, My son will be turning six this year. I am in need of people to dress as clowns and be physically pummeled, drink to excess and pass out while in said clown outfit, and then tossed into the canal out behind where my folks live. There will be little money involved, and pictures will be taken of you for internet humiliation purposes.

First one to volunteer not only gets my vote, but a freeopen bottle of beerused.

Whom will it be?

I volunteer my worthy opponent.
Having two kids myself, this actually sound relaxing. I'm in.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Which of the candidates has a platform closest to Plato's Republic. I'm voting for that.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! Why haven't any serious candidates, like Thora, Mayavale, or Giant Robotic Lesbian declared their candidacies?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Worlders,

I have nothing to hide. I was, in my foolish youth, associated with the radical feminist fringe on the planet Amotseme. I then spent several disollute years partying like there was no tomorrow in the Voiiach system, until I got my head together and went back to school for my degree in Psychotronics. Since then, I have worked tirelessly to bring a smile to the faces of anyone who needs an escape from mundane reality.

The image below does indeed turn me on...

-

...because, again, I have nothing to hide. I am, to use the term coined by the great Sophie B. Hawkins, omnisexual and proud. And so I vow to uphold the egalitarian standards of Legion World while maintaining its GLBTQ-friendliness.

Now, on to weightier topics, such as...

Olives -- au naturale for me.

Stone Age -- did you know that the great voice actor John Stephenson has played Mr. Slate for 50 years?

Canada -- It may have given us Shania Twain, but it also gave us Joni Mitchell.

Plato -- You say Plato, I say Aristotle. Let's call the whole thing off.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Daffy Duck-- Sufferin' succatash!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused]

It was Sylvester the Cat who said "Sufferin' succotash." And what exactly are you trying to say, Rick?

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Rick is hoping to become Legion World's Joe the Plumber.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Hey, if it makes him happy...

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I had dun used "Yer Dithpicable"

[Wink]

And Daffy was funnier. Look, are you really expecting logic from me?...

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Which of the candidates has a platform closest to Plato's Republic. I'm voting for that.

I have placed a platform shoe on a copy of Plato's Republic. You can't get much closer than that!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

quote:
Look, are you really expecting logic from me?

No. Next question?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Well, I had dun used "Yer Dithpicable"

[Wink]

And Daffy was funnier. Look, are you really expecting logic from me?...

[ROTFLMAO]

I'm thinking Loony Tunes logic is about all we can expect.
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jeepers! Why haven't any serious candidates, like Thora, Mayavale, or Giant Robotic Lesbian declared their candidacies?

They're obviously threatened...and they have not even seen who my running mate is.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.