Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » April 2011 Election Debate Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: April 2011 Election Debate Thread
The Election Tyrant
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Election Tyrant           Edit/Delete Post     
This is the thread in which you are to ask whatever questions you will of candidates once they have declared their candidacy. (Please understand most of these candidates are people you wouldn't want washing your car or mowing your lawn when formulating the questions).

The candidates are commanded to answer the questions as untruthfully and/or as self-servingly as is appropriate.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please. As well, we would like a list of all shady organizations you have ever been a member off, associated with, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that has a tenous connection with said organizations at best.

Thank you and I'll hang up and take your response off the air.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates,

While I would assume that it's a given that each of your respective platforms will include the repeal of the ban on three-martini lunches as fully tax-deductable business expenses, I think the real question is: what is your position on olive stuffing?

Do you favor garlic, pimento, hot pepper or au naturale?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates,

Public hangings were a great way to socialize and meet other people in ancient times. Will you try to bring these back?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates,

Could we temper CK's extremism by perhaps just publicly hanging a dead fish around the necks of offenders for a few days until they repent of all wrongdoing? Or would you consider that a waste of a perfectly good dead fish?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates,

What are your thoughts on knuckledragging, exactly?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Candidates,

While I would assume that it's a given that each of your respective platforms will include the repeal of the ban on three-martini lunches as fully tax-deductable business expenses, I think the real question is: what is your position on olive stuffing?

And on a related note: Does this turn you on?

-

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates

What is your postion on the stone age. Is it a good place to go to?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates

Why should Canadians give a rat's ass anyway?

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Candidates;

When will be annexing Canada?

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
To each candidate:

Please discuss which bribes you will be offering and the relative worth of said bribes in credits please. As well, we would like a list of all shady organizations you have ever been a member off, associated with, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that has a tenous connection with said organizations at best.

Thank you and I'll hang up and take your response off the air.

Well, how about a free fuel card to start. It never runs out of credots, and is also good for snacks at any roadside shop.

I'm afraid the other information is classified...but let's just say that I may know where Hoffa is.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Candidates,

Pimento needs to be the first choice, followed by hot peppers.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Candidates,

Public hangings were a great way to socialize and meet other people in ancient times. Will you try to bring these back?

I prefer to go with public canings...but hangings are not off the table, or chairs for that matter.
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Candidates,

Could we temper CK's extremism by perhaps just publicly hanging a dead fish around the necks of offenders for a few days until they repent of all wrongdoing? Or would you consider that a waste of a perfectly good dead fish?

It would work as long as we make those people also take the roley poley fish heads to a movie.
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Candidates,

What are your thoughts on knuckledragging, exactly?

I swore never to talk about your problem in public. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.