Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Non Sequitor searches desk drawers for 3 pennies, a nickel, and some colored paper clips

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don’t know you go away for a few weeks on a diplomatic tour of the beach resorts of the hidden nebula and when I come back I find someone let Cobalt Kid near the whisky again. This kid is going to be the death of me (again). [sigh]

Ah well let’s see what he’s up to now with this RMB malarkey

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
I see the Security Office is being run in accordance with Legion World Tradition...

Which means it's deserted, except for the Drunken Disco Ball.

Hello Gladys, here, have some Rainbow Schnaps...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello.....anyone here??

oh wow a disco ball!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Icey, allow me to direct you to the new Chief of Security: Hrun the Barbarian. I promoted him right before I resigned.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
And you were going to tell Matlock and I about this, when?

You know, I was considering resigning in favor of someone else. And I think I might just do that.

But that person isn't Hrun...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh Abin, Everyday Girl and I figured she could move into your role when you resign too. We were just waiting for the right time to tell you, given how over-protective you can be sometimes [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Door smashes open, A huge battle axe flies through aiming straight for Abins head.

From outside comes the sound of drunken carousing.

A large shadow fills the open door frame.

“Now join with me, drink deep from the horn of victory and live. I return with much treasure and these nubile slaves for my friend Lord Cobalt” booms a familiar voice.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Hile Noble Barbarian!

Perhaps another old friend can join you? Probationary LMBer I may be, but I'm a Legion World citizen nonetheless, and that's all thats ever been required to be a security officer. Mayhap I'll have a few laughs and some song, even if I pass on the drink and nubile young ones who I see now are entirely not slaves.

<notices them fighting for Hrun's attention>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Removing the arms of one nubile handmaiden from his neck and the lips of another from his neck, Hrun strides forward and embraced Sir Roy in a bear hug that almost cracks Roy’s ribs.

“Noble one”! He cries “well met. Shall we repair to a tavern to celebrate?”

Hrun raises a goblet and drinks deeply. He staggers a little.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports in>

Roy! Hrun! Great to see you guys again...it's been a long time!

Oh, Tim and Mr. Rocky will be by shortly.

<looks around>

Hm. I thought dad might be here...I heard he recently checked himself out of the hospital...anyone seen or heard from him?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

I have, Clive. And it pains me to say, that I worry about him. He seems intent on pursuing a path that all of us in our hearts can agree is untrue and wrong.

Let me tell you what he said...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<listens intently>

What?!?!

Dad must be sicker than I thought!

Cobalt is Legion World's greatest hero and Dad's best friend. Everyone knows that Cobalt's judgement is above reproach--he's proven himself hundreds of times over!

I'm sure that Cobalt would have a good, pure reason for any action he ever took, no matter how unseemly it may appear!

Heck, Dad even told me so himself back when Dad was...well, when Dad was Dad!

I never, ever though Dad was this bad off! Only someone evil or really mentally off would ever question Cobalt's actions or his heroism!

<shakes his head>

Maybe I should have Dad committed before he goes too far.......

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

<puts hand on Clive's shoulder>

Its a lot to take in, Clive, but you need to think things through before you do anything rash yourself. I've heard him speak on these matters and he seems to truly be looking to do the right thing, no matter how misguided it is. I don't sense anything sinister in him. Yet, the path to hell is paved with good intentions, as I know better than anyone.

There's a part of me that always worrries that something larger is amiss here. Yet, it may be a breakdown in communication has finally caused the long history of the LMB to catch up to itself in a very tragic way.

Perhaps Lard Lad suffers from a mental or psychological handicap? Or perhaps he is not Lard Lad at all? Whatever the case, Gary Concord's influence will most likely do more harm than good.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
{Rockhopper Lad enters with Time Teller Lad and Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle}

Hi everyone! We're here!

Sir Roy! It's wonderful to see you. {Sir Roy bows to Rockhopper Lad in the manner of Pyngwyny knights; Rocky returns the bow}.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.