Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Until then the solution lies here (for when we try again) -

How to Play Streaming Video with Windows Vista.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A couple more folks have been spotted. Sir Tim Drake came by the table a little while ago, as did Dinner Damsel, a registered lurker.

Cali has arrived in town, but has not made it to the Convention Center.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Rose McGowan from Charmed is supposed to be starring in a new Red Sonja movie... maybe she'll be there. [Smile]

I called it...

McGowan and Rodriguez at SDCC for Red Sonja panel

But Cobie wasn't there today, was he. [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it only took me 4 and half hours to drive here from L.A. due to some awful crash on the 5.

Thanks for remembering me Kid Cobalt, and hellooooo Lash.

I'm looking foward to meeting some of you guys tomorrow, and I will be sure to introduce myself as rokk steady. [Smile]

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
I made it to the booth too, I met Quislet and Sudro in the afternoon. They're next to the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion; no sign of the Alien Legion, the Foreign Legion, or the American Legion.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I just looked at the pics posted so far! Stupid work blocks photohosting sites or I would have seen them earlier!

What fun! I recognize Caroline from previous pictures, hi baby! Hi, hi! And I know that's MEL from previous pictures! Monkeys beware! Hey, MEL! And I could swear there's a couple of rear view shots of Kent! Hi, Kent's rear! Heh! And OMG-- isn't that Quislet, Esq behind Lydda? I'm sure it is, if the goatee isn't throwing me off... Hey Quissy! Kisses, hugs!!!

But who is that flock of hotties around the table? There's those 3 dudes on Caroline's side, and MEL is between 2 other dudes, and there's a chick in pink. Apologies for not recognizing you, please identify!

Heh heh... LMB SDCC Roll Call, please!

This is so freakin' awesome!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
Well, it only took me 4 and half hours to drive here from L.A. due to some awful crash on the 5.

Thanks for remembering me Kid Cobalt, and hellooooo Lash.

I'm looking foward to meeting some of you guys tomorrow, and I will be sure to introduce myself as rokk steady. [Smile]

Caliente got stuck in that too.

we are looking forward to meeting you!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuietDarkness
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuietDarkness   Author's Homepage   Email QuietDarkness         Edit/Delete Post     
I read here regularly, but I rarely post. I've been looking for you here at the Convention Center. Where are you set up?

My oldest daughter is appearing tomorrow as the animated Night Girl(she's done the silver age and the Grell costume in the past,) so I am sure someone will run into her. I also have the LW member known as Kinetix with me and we'd love to come put faces with names.

--------------------
Night Girl's mother

From: Bellaire, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi all, just popping in to say hi. I'm usually posting over at the DCMB Legion Board, but have been registered here a while, as well, without posting.

I stopped by your booth (I was that short fellow who was showing off my Adventure 247) and just wanted to say I think your presence at the con is a great testament to the strength of Legion fandom. Keep on keepin' on, Legion-Worlders.

LLL

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Well..
Post a little more!

[Big Grin]
Welcome.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Monkey reporting on the first meeting of the Legionworld double-fisted drinkers' club: 3 rounds in 45 minutes. Attendees included Cobie, Cali, CJ, Actor, and yours' truly. No alt IDs or sheep present. Photos to follow once they've been uploaded/ photoshopped to increase/ decrease level of scandal [Smile]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Double-fisted drinking . . . watch out for Beppo. that little bugger can also drink with his nimble feet and prehensile tail.

Hope you're all having a good time in SD. Stuck here in DC, there is, of course no drunken debauchery in which to engage.

[hic]

[ July 25, 2008, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Lad Boy, you're in charge of Drunken Debauchery East this weekend. If only we could get an illegal teleporter set up in Tennessee....

Keanu Reeves stole lil rhino's line: "I love everybody" (but forgot the "and you're next" part).

Late in the day, we came under assault from the neighbouring booth's styrofoam pellet guns.

Not much Legion news at the panels and not much Legion presence at the DC Booth. *choke* (Not much Ambush Bug either - do I have a distorted sense of priorities?) We are making our own Legion flight rings and working on that teleporter, legal or not.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
They did talk about Ambush Bug a li'l at the DC Nation panel-- just that Giffin was doing the book, I think, though.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by QuietDarkness:
I read here regularly, but I rarely post. I've been looking for you here at the Convention Center. Where are you set up?

My oldest daughter is appearing tomorrow as the animated Night Girl(she's done the silver age and the Grell costume in the past,) so I am sure someone will run into her. I also have the LW member known as Kinetix with me and we'd love to come put faces with names.

We're on the Mezzanine. If you go down the back (Bayside) escalators, we're on the level before the ground floor/exhibit hall.

Or find the neon "Cafe Express" and go to the escalators to the right (facing the back wall) and come up one level. We are on the right side from there. MZ19.

Hope to see you here. (Posting from the table.)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.