Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 59)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I am SO gonna kick this big threat's ASS!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
"I'm beat."
Yellow drags through the doorway somewhat pale and trembling slightly, his long yellow robe hanging loosley on his trim figure.

He sinks into the first piece of furniture to cross his path.
"Coffee. I need coffee. You guys keep any hot bean juice here?"

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Gramps, Gram, and Uncle Spacey are on their way...

Gram is trying to talk Uncle Spacey out of throwing Lard Lad back into a cell and "discussing" a few things with you Mr Cobalt. <Giggle> It's like a good thing Gram almost always gets her way.

Coffee's right here Mr Yellow Kidder... Hope you like it black and bitter, we haven't had a chance to restock the cream and sugar since Hurricane Cobalt tore this place apart...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I am SO gonna kick this big threat's ASS!!!!

YES! Lash is here! Things are starting to come together!

Well Brit, I hear YK's call now...so I'll see them all over there...(oh boy [Eek!] ...thanks Pagan, as always!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! So like I guess we better concentrate on getting this place fixed up before the guano strikes the rotating blades again...

Where the heck are Carpenter Lass, Electrician Girl, and Plumbing Queen when I need them?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! I like also need Architect Lady, Policy Pam, and Estimate Lass.

And I hope the "Cobalt's Megalomaniacal Tendencies Rider" Pam talked us into buying on the Security Office Insurance Policy will pay for the renovations and improvements.

Like, the only thing that can't be fixed is the pretzel maker... It's finally had it... The only thing it's good for now is turning amoebas into little tiny versions of Cobalt Kid...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters>

Looks like hardly anyone is here since all active LMBers are at the Gathering and everyone else is injured. Maybe its time Cobie officially fixed this up with his own private money, like he used to do?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<sometime after the above post, Cobalt Kid flies in>

Ah, I knew I had to get here from Medicus Two as soon as possible! I hate to see the Security Office in such bad shape, but its happened before and likely will happen again. This place used to mean so much to me and then it all changed when the Ranger and Sarya died. But maybe...maybe now that the Ranger is back, its time I helped restore this place to what it once was.

<turns around>

Lolita! You're here? Why aren't you at the Roll Call? Well, either way, you're a sight for sore eyes. I think I've had another breakthrough on this case.

I think I was given a clue several weeks ago...by Exnihil of all people!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Cobie!

<walks over to him, with a smile>

Where did you go? You slipped out of there a little suscipiously. I thought you could use some help.

<suddenly feels anxiety...this is all very weird now that she has told Cobalt Kid how she feels. Their easy going friendship is not the same and never can be again>

I...we still need to talk, you know...

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I know.

<pulls Lolita in close for a hug>

I'm sorry for that too. But with things so chaotic...I just haven't had time to think things through. And you...you're important to me. I don't want to just give you an answer on the fly.

<lets go of the hug>

I...<now Cobie is silent, an odd state for him>

Lets focus on the case at hand. For several weeks now, I've been unable to use my powers to heal myself. That is out of the ordinary, as usually I naturally can do that without thinking about. We know my powers are magical in nature even if my understanding of them is rudimentary. Whenever this happened before, it usually had to do with the emotional state of my mind. You'll recall the enormous guilt I felt after the Invasion.

<Cobalt holds his hand up to stop Jailbait Lass from responding. He knows this is an emotional memory for both himself and her, and does not want to address those emotions right now; he'd much rather keep things purely analytical and solve the case at hand than deal with those emotions>

I believe this has been a similar scenario. Whatever guilt I've been carrying around with me is likely stemming from my unknowing assassination attempt on Lardy a year earlier. Its likely affected several decisions I've made, whether I realized it or not, as well as my healing powers. To top it all off, I believe subconsciously I have been attempting to solve a mystery. Or more accurately, to recall a memory from several weeks earlier...one while I was comatose but able to process--even if it did not make sense.

You see, I believe Exnihil left me a clue. And I believe...it is right here, in the Office of Security.

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<Jailbait Lass listens and tries to do what she has always done best: process data and analyze it, using her advanced intelligence and natural analytical skills to give Cobalt Kid the best possible anaylsis; yet, she cannot help but feel her emotions welling up more than ever before. Cobie's inability to address them outright stings>

Okay, Cobie...you're explanation would seem extremely odd under normal circumstances but given all that we've discovered thus far in this insane chain of events, it does make sense. Perhaps Exnihil is somehow traveling backwards in time? We know Tomahawk and Liberty Monkey swapped at some point and Phineas has been able to send his conscious throughout time and space to accomplish his goals. Given that we know Exnihil is with Phineas, perhaps he's under Phineas' control or is working for Phineas and is somehow trying to send you clues. Perhaps Phineas is finally making his move, whatever that is.

<as she explains herself, she cannot shake the hot, flush feeling in her face; the hug was too much, and after months...or in all honesty, years...she can't take it any longer>

Cobie...

<Jailbait Lass puts her hand on his forearm>

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've found it!

<Cobalt shifts through several papers on an unmanned desk, and immediately notices something out of the ordinary>

Look, this piece of paper! Its from weeks ago! But the hand-writing, its so scrawly. Exnihil must have left this for me! When he was--or is?--traveling through time.

<unfolds paper in a hurry, and reads the contents>

...bloody liberty...

<eyes go wide, and understanding sets in>

...so now I know at last what this has all been about...

You did good for yourself, Ex. I won't leave you high and dry.

<looks at Lolita and further realization sets in with only a moment where they lock eyes; a decision would need to be made as soon as possible; but now was not the time>

I know what Phineas is planning to do. And maybe this will help us find him. And Ex left something else on here...something even more insidious.

<suddenly grabs a box of matches from the security officers desk; strikes a match; lights the paper on fire, and it slowly burns away>

I can't let that knowledge fall into the wrong hands yet, 'Lita. We're close...so damn close...

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Cobie, I can't take it anymore...

<she leans forward, backs him up against the wall, and puts her arms around his neck>

You must know...you must always have know...in the old days, after you saved me from those Khundian pirates...when we were more than just friends...I...I've never forgotten those days.

<looks into Cobalt Kid's eyes>

I can't just be your friend, or your partner. I...I love you. And I want you to be with me. I can't do anything else until I know your feelings for sure.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<stares into Lolita's eyes>

Lolita...you know how much I care about you...I've always cared about you...but you know I'm with Crujectra, whom I love...

<puts arms around Jailbait Lass's waist>

...Lolita...

<leans in to her>

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.