Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 62)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -  -

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -  -

--------------------

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

-  -

--------------------

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

William Katt & Me
 -
can't believe i frikkin' blinked [Frown]

Jonathan Frakes & me
 -
i always thought he was taller.
the reason why i have the "Ohhh" look on my face was when i asked Mr. Frakes to take the picture i asked the lady that was with him if she would take the pic and he asked me "do you know who that is??" i was thinking for a while as we posed then i noticed it was Marina Sirtis aka Counselor Deanna Troi , she looked so different and extremely hot!!! that when i figured out who she was as she's snapping the pic,..i was like, "ohhhh",...needles to say i was embarrased, thanked Mr.Frakes said goodbye to both of them and walked off. time to burn my Star Trek fan card,..how could i have not noticed it was her!!! [Frown]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
William Katt & Me
 -
can't believe i frikkin' blinked [Frown]

Jonathan Frakes & me
 -
i always thought he was taller.
the reason why i have the "Ohhh" look on my face was when i asked Mr. Frakes to take the picture i asked the lady that was with him if she would take the pic and he asked me "do you know who that is??" i was thinking for a while as we posed then i noticed it was Marina Sirtis aka Counselor Deanna Troi , she looked so different and extremely hot!!! that when i figured out who she was as she's snapping the pic,..i was like, "ohhhh",...needles to say i was embarrased, thanked Mr.Frakes said goodbye to both of them and walked off. time to burn my Star Trek fan card,..how could i have not noticed it was her!!! [Frown]

Oh man, how embarassing. But I bet they got a good chuckle out of it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice pics!

Are Frakes and Sirtis a real-life item?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

No As far as i can recollect Frakes has been married to General Hospital alumn Genie Francis for a number of years. not sure what Sirtis's marital status is.
they were hanging out in from of the convention center and to tell the truth Frakes looked kinda haggard like that episode of TNG where Riker was doing a play for Dr.Crusher that involved a innocent man being interrigated, but for some reason it became a reality when Riker was captured and interrigated and he couldn't tell if it was real or part of the play,..and rembmer how messed up he looked by the episodes end?
well that's how Frakes looked when i approached him to ask him for a pic.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
'Least he didn't look as haggard as he did in that episode where all those alternate Enterprises cameoed and on one Ryker was Captain in a universe overrun by the Borg and they had to blow him up. Now THAT was haggard!!!

[insert nonexistent Star Trek geek smiley]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Dude, I love those episodes! [Big Grin] Gosh, I'm so jealous you got to meet them! I've never seen any ST: TNG alum at SDCC... (probably because I'm too busy geeking out over comic folk)

P.S. I love the pics of the Crazy Hat Club outside the Legion panel. Win!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:

I'm glad someone got a pic of me in my penguin hat. It was an impulse buy, but I'm glad I did.

Before our next meet-up, I'm going somehow to affix two yellow feathers to the sides (or something similar), so it better resembles a rockhopper.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dude, I love those episodes! [Big Grin] Gosh, I'm so jealous you got to meet them! I've never seen any ST: TNG alum at SDCC... (probably because I'm too busy geeking out over comic folk)

For some reason, their presence wasn't heavily advertised. I recall walking past the autograph booth at the Dealers' Room and doing a double take at seeing Avery Brooks.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:

I'm glad someone got a pic of me in my penguin hat. It was an impulse buy, but I'm glad I did.

Before our next meet-up, I'm going somehow to affix two yellow feathers to the sides (or something similar), so it better resembles a rockhopper.

the "Crazy Hat club" huh? nice name Calie but dude you did look cool in the hat,..as Raven would say you sooo Rocked that hat!!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I wish Raven could have seen the hat in person. I agree: She would have loved it!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:

For some reason, their presence wasn't heavily advertised. I recall walking past the autograph booth at the Dealers' Room and doing a double take at seeing Avery Brooks.
Hmmph. Well, I'll just have to stalkarazzi them next time. [Big Grin] After all, why should the comic folk be the only ones blessed with a fangirl such as myself? [Wink]

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Replying to myself, what?

Okay, I finally uploaded my pics. There weren't as many as I'd hoped for. :/ But still! Some group shots and things. [Smile] Anyway! You can find 'em here and no permission should be needed. (Let me know if this is not the case.) Also, the photos are "tagged" with who's in them, so if anyone need a play-by-play, there y'are.

Consider this fair warning: they are mostly safe for work but... there may be an inappropriate one or two in there depending on how conservative your workplace is.

Also, anyone who is in a picture and wants it removed for whatever reason, just PM/email/reply here and I shall do so ASAP. To anyone who was present at SDCC and wants copies of the pictures that have blot outs, just do the same and I'll email you the originals.

I think that's it! Hope y'all enjoy. I know I did... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.