Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » 2 True Statements, 1 Lie (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  60  61  62   
Author Topic: 2 True Statements, 1 Lie
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
w00t! And keeping with the music theme:

Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a particular pop song, but hearing it makes me want to leave the room, because it's indelibly linked in my mind to some crappy event I was living through when it was playing. For example:

1) Swing Out Sister's "Break Out" was playing in a New Jersey bar where I waited tables. The creepy bartender who held court there during my shift threatened to punch me in the face unless I served a patron who'd already arrived at the bar so intoxicated that he could barely stand.

2) Also in the wilds of NJ: Simple Minds' "Sanctify Yourself" was playing the first time I ever took my Driver's Ed test-- in the waiting room after I finished, not in the car, obviously. Not only did I fail the exam spectacularly, I was so flustered that I confused "Park" and "Reverse" and almost rammed into a concrete barrier in the parking lot.

3) "Kicks" by Paul Revere and the Raiders was playing on the loudspeakers one day at Waterfront Park, during the Portland Rose Festival, a couple of minutes after I'd just seen two drunks get into a nasty fight in which one of them tried to hack off the other's ear with a broken bottle. And yeah, you'd better believe that even the area around somebody's ear can produce an amazing amount of blood.

[ January 20, 2012, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
2) Also in the wilds of NJ: Simple Minds' "Sanctify Yourself" was playing the first time I ever took my Driver's Ed test-- in the waiting room after I finished, not in the car, obviously. Not only did I fail the exam spectacularly, I was so flustered that I confused "Park" and "Reverse" and almost rammed into a concrete barrier in the parking lot.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
1) Swing Out Sister's "Break Out" was playing in a New Jersey bar where I waited tables. The creepy bartender who held court there during my shift threatened to punch me in the face unless I served a patron who'd already arrived at the bar so intoxicated that he could barely stand.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
3) "Kicks" by Paul Revere and the Raiders was playing on the loudspeakers one day at Waterfront Park, during the Portland Rose Festival, a couple of minutes after I'd just seen two drunks get into a nasty fight in which one of them tried to hack off the other's ear with a broken bottle. And yeah, you'd better believe that even the area around somebody's ear can produce an amazing amount of blood.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Congratulations, Quis.

I take it by "true" you mean that that's the lie -- since she's not technically your niece -- which means I get to go next.

Um.... actually, that was a true statement. The actual lie was the niece getting a nose job.

But seeing as thegame has gone on...

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Nos. 1 & 3, sadly, are true. (Though it's also true that I never passed a Drivers Ed test on either coast, and to this day I still can't drive a car.)

The hilarious aspect of No. 3 is that a pre-Reagan anti-drug song was blasting in an area that's pretty legendary for drug dealing, to entertain crowds of drunks. (RL once again triumphing over fiction for bringing in the laughs. Queasy laughs, but still...)

Also, the restaurant mentioned in No. 1 burnt to the ground a few months after I left NJ for good. A former college boss/pal called long distance to let me know, since he knew it would make my day. [Evil] (And cocaine dealers all over Hudson County flew their flags at half-mast, too. Eighties. BLEAH!)

So HWW wins this round, but I'm okay with it if he wants to pass it back to Quislet, Esq., as payment for the mix-up earlier.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
OK, my bad. To avoid further confusion, I suggest the person who posts the question avoid commenting on guesses until the correct answer is given.

Back to you, Quis.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I usually do wait, but it had been a whole day, so I thought that would bump it. I should have been more clear in my response to your guess.

Anyway.

While I was clearing the snow off my front stairs, two guys came walking down the street. One say "Do you have a moment?" I responded "well I'd like to get back inside as soon as possible". He pressed on. The snow here in Boston was only about 2 inches. The guy remarked how some people have already put out barrels to mark their parking spot and he thought that wasn't right as no one really had to dig out a space. At that point I told him that I don't have a car and suggested that he call the mayor's office. The official policy in Boston is that you can reserve your spot with a barrel or other obstacle for one day after a snowstorm. Of course people leave them out for much longer.

Anyway, after that he introduced himself and his companion. And then asked if I was going to watch the Patriots tomorrow (I said, "Nah")

So, what was the name of these two parking wardens?

1. Andy
2. Seth
3. Lou

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

2. Seth
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Seth is the lie.

Lou was the one that did most of the talking. He also asked me if I was going to watch the Patriots tomorrow. I told him I don't really watch sports and that I do root for the team even though I don't watch.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

okay, then...

1. I once saw George H.W. Bush in Washington during his presidential term

2. At a restaurant I used to work at, I once served Mercedes Ruehl.

3. I used to live next door to Philip Glass.

Abin Quank

3. I used to live next door to Philip Glass.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

right off the bat! I lived a few doors down the street from him, not next to him.

go, Abin!

Abin Quank

1) I am terrified of heights.

2) I went sky-diving earlier this year.

3) At this time last year I weighed over 300 lbs. My weight is now down to 210 lbs.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

3) At this time last year I weighed over 300 lbs. My weight is now down to 210 lbs.
  This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.