Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's something I forgot to post last night.

Andy Schmidt, who got the Madrox mini-series greenlighted, and who then stayed aboard to continue editing the X-Factor ongoing, has recently decided to quit editing.

This concerns me, because X-Factor has been so good up til now, and I think we all know that a change in editors can often ruin a book.

I'll admit I have something of a fatalistic streak, and hopefully my worries are unfounded, but I just wanted to prepare us for a possible decline. If it happens, I won't be surprised if the decline begins with the new editor.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Right now X-Factor has to survive three issues of tie-in to this latest crossover garbage, which hopefully it can do, having the advantage of PAD already sowing the seeds of X-Factor involvement with the whole Decimation thing.

I wonder how Layla, who seems to be a creation of Wanda's last magical mystery tour, will relate to this new event.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I recall seeing something on PAD's blog several weeks ago, to the effect that the mega-crossover has been well-planned in advance, so there shouldn't be any serious problems with the X-Factor tie-ins.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this issue was particularly cruel to Rictor. I think a power like his-- one that puts an individual into enhanced rapport with some aspect of nature or life-- would be almost impossible to endure being without, once the individual encompassed it.

So, being teased with having that restored, only to lose it in one use, though that use was so the right thing to do, would be *horrible*.

Maybe it'd be a better thing if the character doesn't survive the cliffhanger.

I feel sorry for Quicksilver, too. He seems completely misguided in almost every decision, but "evil"? I don't get it.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So-- Rictor and Rahne... whaddya think?

Cute couple or cop-out?

If Shatterstar (or some new guy) turns up, will he make three? And what would Rahne make of that?

The Isolationist-- interesting name... he has my attention, but not much has been revealed to back it up. I wonder if he's similar to Jamie-- I've forgotten what they're calling whatever special class of being they're saying that Madrox is.

M and the pregnancy test-- is this the beginnings of the Messiah Complex? Has it been stated that mutants or former mutants can't have 'normal' human children, as well as mutant ones? If not, I think the 'extinction' threat is a tad bit of a reach.

Does that imply that mutants who have children who are not mutants would love their progeny less?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rahne's back in X-Factor. Guess I'll have to start picking it up again. (Not that I don't like the title, I'm just watching pennies.)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Rahne ever leave X-Factor? She's been there the whole time as far as I've seen...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
i think, Arachne is referring to her time in New X-Men/Academy X, just before the X-Factor relaunch.

Rahne is there and her recent coupling with Rictor seemes a bit forced to me. It's playing off the romantic attachment both had years ago in New Mutants. Since then, they've both gone on to have relations with other characters.

Knowing thhis team, I don't think the relationship will play out all shiny happy like.

PAD still makes Siryn and Monet the most entertaining part of the book. Seeing Jamie as the messed of head of this dysfunctional group has been fun. Guido's recent job offer makes me happy, as I've never been a fan of his.

And Layla- eh

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, my brain stopped functioning last night. Of course Rahne's in X-Factor. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

First of all, welcome back Pablo Raimondi! The wait was frustrating, but his art is well worth it.

And kudos to Peter David for not only bringing in a detective case, but also for dealing with a very timely and very scary real-life development that isn't getting nearly enough coverage in the mainstream media: hate groups using sweet songs and cute kids to bring people to their side.

I think Peter David quickly figured out that the madamoiselle and the colleen have great chemistry and that we would want them re-teamed.

Speaking of the madamoiselle and the pregnancy, I think it might be a red herring and another character is pregnant. You don't have to be pregnant for a bad smell to make you sick.

I don't find the Rahne/Rictor romance forced at all. It really clicks with me.

It feels to me like the first twenty issues make up one big storyarc, and this issue is a fresh start.

Still my favorite comic being published today.

And Layla rocks! Nicole does, too!

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth
quote:
I don't find the Rahne/Rictor romance forced at all. It really clicks with me.
Rahne is being pretty consistent. She's always had a mother-hen (mother-wolf?) instinct, and gravitated to the 'odd man out.' Doug Ramsey, Josh Foley and now Rictor, all very similar in their seeming sideliner status, due to powers (or lack thereof) and / or former foe status.

Whether this is some sort of protective instinct turned to something else, or an indication of her own status issues (not thinking that 'someone like her' could end up with the team leader-types like Sam Guthrie or Jamie), I'm not terribly clear. As with most such situations, it's probably six of one and a half-dozen of the other.

I'm not real keen on the idea of any of the girls getting knocked up. Just because female characters have uteri, doesn't mean that they have to become part of the plot, yanno? That way lies John Byrne... And Theresa is already the poster-child for 'what *else* could possibly go wrong?' and doesn't need this added to her alcoholic, in-denial, anger issues, whateverthehelliswrongwithherthisweek. Ironically, given their natures, Monet seems the more likely to 'have an accident,' since Siryn has been shown to be pretty active, and presumably knows her way around a bottle of birth control pills by this point.

Then again, it's always fun to speculate what the mutant offspring of two mutants would be. Jamie and Theresa could have cherubic triplets with ever-increasing sonic abilities, as their voices 'synch up' to produce greater and greater levels of effect. They can be called 'Choir' or 'Chorus.' Jamie and Monet, I have no idea. Monet's powers are all over the map, with telepathy, flight, super-strength, and, just recently confirmed, invulnerability. She's like Marvels mutant Miss Martian...

Jamie and Rahne, that's the fun one. Their daughter would be Wolfpack, a waifish redhead who can turn into a *pack* of wolves. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The latest issue was pretty good. Was that Solo...the merc who teleports??? If it is PAD fit him in nicely.

Huber is going to be very evil I feel.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I agree. And Jamie seems all too willing to go down a dark path with Huber.

The Theresa & Monet segments were great. I never saw that plot twist (re: Monet smashing through the door) coming.

There is something I did see coming; I'll put it in a spoiler box.

Click Here For A SpoilerNicole's betrayal. But even if it wasn't surprising, it was still a quite powerful scene. I hope Layla survives to get even.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Dark and disturbing, but never oppresively so. That sums up the way this book is in general, although this issue was low on humor, and next month's conclusion promises to be even grimmer. I'm counting the days even more intensely than I was counting the days for this month's issue.

Click Here For A SpoilerSo a demoralized and demented Quicksilver gets decapitated at an amusement park. If any writer was going to kill him off, Peter David was the right choice, given how he understood Pietro better than everyone else.

Monet and Siryn crossed the desert awfully fast. I'm glad they're okay, but that still felt like a cheat. Last minute rewrites maybe?

Enjoyed the guest appearances of Cyclops and Beast, even if the Isolationist played them for fools.

Turns out the Isolationist has been involved in every major event that has affected X-Factor since the first issue.

Remember what I said about how I thought issue # 21 was a fresh start? Forget I said that. It's obvious that it's a 24-issue arc, and the fresh start is going to be # 28, the first one after the Messiah CompleX tie-ins in # 25-27. But that's all right, because # 1-24 fits neatly into four trades...or a single omnibus volume.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Interview with sometime X-Factor artist Pablo Raimondi:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131393

Since he currently seems to have an arrangement to draw only every other X-Factor arc, I've started referring to him as "The Good X-Factor Artist", the way Carl Barks was referred to as "The Good Duck Artist".

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.