Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay now I see more... a LOT more. I'll google this to make sure I only order the correct trades. I see Calero only on the first one? That's okay, I think I like that other artist too.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Copy/pasted from eBay to give me a sense of where to start:

This new X-Factor team is an investigation team started by Multiple Man, Wolfsbane, and Strong Guy. This first trade paperback listed is Multiple Man's solo limited series that sets up X-Factor Vol. 3.

•Madrox: Multiple Choice
◦Madrox #1-5
◦Cover Price: $13.99
•X-Factor: The Longest Night
◦X-Factor Vol. 2 #1-6
◦Cover Price: $14.99
•X-Factor: Life and Death Matters
◦X-Factor Vol. 2 #7-12
◦Cover Price: $14.99

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I jumped off with the renumbering and constant derailment by tying into the latest Event... [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hmmm... I hate crossovers with events...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Maybe I'll check the library [Smile]

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shatterstar doesn't show up for quite awhile. #43, I believe.

PAD likes participating in events. His usually aren't cookie cutter entries- his manage to read like an issue of the comic he's working on, rather than event interruption #4 of 5.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Now for those who're already reading:

I wish the wolf-baby would get born already- it seems like Rahne's been running for months! It probably ain't gonna happen, but I wish the daddy would show up... It occurs to me that the goings-on in NEW MUTANTS involving trips to Hell and Hel and possibly Asgard would've been a great way to tie in Rahne and X-Factor. I'd love a team-up between these two groups. Imagine the dialogue between M and Magik... or between Strong Guy and Warlock... maybe Sunspot and Magma could even get actual dialogue!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

My CBS had several copies on the shelf so I just bought what they had, which was issues 220-224. If I enjoy these I'll keep getting it but *southern accent* I ain't fixing to try to figure out those back issues/trades. [Smile]

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I adore this title. Sure, it has its plotlines or issues which don't hold my interest perfectly - but not an issue goes by where there's not a line I smile about or an idea that makes me go "ooh" for five seconds. Really, not a lot of books do that consistently.

Just finished #224. I'm beyond glad Rahne finally had her child. What I'm not beyond glad about is that even though this storyline is probably wrapped up for the moment, it doesn't look to be the end of Crazy Wolf Gods Mythology and other things in the near future. I don't mind a pestering ghost of Feral, but all these other characters and demons coming with her aren't holding my interest well. Hopefully a break in focus will be what the doctor ordered.

Not sure how I feel about Rahne Click Here For A Spoilerspurning her own child - even if it was one psycho looking, killer wolf baby. I can understand her surprise, but her reversion to 13 year old "crazy religious Rahne who can't do anything but curse herself" felt a little out of right field for some reason.

I'm perplexed about the upcoming, marketed death. There's actually no one in the cast, barring perhaps Longshot, that I'd be willing to lose from the title (let alone have killed).

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

MARVEL COMICS! remember them? They're still around, I think...

I read X-FACTOR 220-224 tonight in one sitting and was rather entertained, despite it featuring one of my least-fave comicbook tropes (the pregnant superheroine), which speaks volumes for Peter David.

Notes for future comics-writers: Superheroes having babies never work out. Don't go there, please...

Despite enjoying it overall there probably wasn't enough to bring me back, for now.

But a nice diversion from DC it was.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I borrowed the follow-up trade to Happenings in Vegas, and I didn't think it was as good. Even my girl Emanuela couldn't get me involved with the stories.

I'll check out the return of Havok & Polaris next month, and we shall see where I go from there.

Lash, the Madrox mini-series, the first four X-Factor trades are all must-owns. Since then, the series has periodically promised to re-scale those heights, but never quite has. IMHO, of course.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm right with you, FL. In fact, these last couple of weeks I've been seriously hemming and hawwing about whether to continue with X-Factor. The situation is IMO, the DCnU was much better than I thougth and I'm buying more comics from DC; meanwhile, the independent companies are just killing it these days and I'm buying more from them. So I have to make a real decision on whether I really want to continue buying some series that I'm just not loving.

And X-Factor is paramount among them. I've been buying since the Madrox mini but like FL says, after about the first 30 issues of PAD's run, the series lost something that its never been able to recover. Everytime it gets to where it feels like its just about back to being great, it reverts back to mediocre.

I think I'm out...I'm going to tell my CBS that I'm canceling the series. It's just dragged on for too long for me.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
X-Factor, Avengers Academy the current Children's Crusade/Young Avengers mini-series are about all I get from Marvel now.

The X-Factor crew, IMO, has gotten too big again. It's hard to really focus on characters I'm interested in (Madrox, Rahne, Monet, mostly) when there's so many other characters in the scene. I'm sure fans of Guido and Siryn, etc. probably feel the same way, that their favorites aren't getting enough attention because of what seems to be a heavy focus on Rictor and Shatterstar's relationship, etc.

I am amused with how PAD plays with fanon. For the second time, he's had Shatterstar *almost* bring up what his relationship is with Longshot, only to have Longshot cut him off...

In retrospect, the scene on Utopia island, a year or so ago, where Longshot and Alison (Dazzler) are watching Longshot talking with Boom-Boom/etc. and talking about him seems pretty potent stuff, the two of them basically watching the 'son' they never got to have living his life.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been off-board since shortly after the renumbering. Have they gotten to the issue yet where someone gets killed off? If so, who?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

I think the killing you mean happened in this month's #227, Lardy. With Peter David, there could be a lot of misdirection occurring.

Click Here For A Spoiler Madrox is apparently killed on the next-to-last page by one of his dupes... a dead one, possibly possessed by the villain of the piece, Bloodbath.

But relax...

Click Here For A Spoiler He wakes up on the next page in a totally different location and circumstance.

I enjoy this book much more than others here apparently do. I'm looking forward to Havok and Polaris, though I agree the cast is already a bit crowded for noirish/detective agency stories. Handy for those two-issues-in-one-month that keep happening, though. When the team's split in two, as it so often is, then things don't seem so crowded. I think Longshot should move on. To me, he doesn't add all that much. Everyone else is a keeper, though.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.