Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Do the dupes have the ability to make more dupes or just the original? If so, would those dupes be like "copies of copies" and be even less emotionally stable?

Like the slow descent of the dupes in 'Multiplicity'? [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul O'Brien's review: http://thexaxis.com/minis/madrox3.htm

But if you can't be bothered reading the whole thing, the sum-up is:

quote:
For god's sake, go and buy the thing. Show some support when they produce something genuinely worthwhile.

Rating: A+

[ November 22, 2004, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have to give a "ditto" to Paul's review.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't got issue #4 yet, but it's out, so [Bump]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
********SPOILERS for #4************

Poor Steve Buscemi, I mean whateverhisname was. It's practically par for the course that the "dame" betrays the gumshoe, but she appears to have a disturbing mutation/means of attack (too bad we couldn't see it "full frontal").

I was a tad disappointed that the "evil" dupe had just been created - it seemed to me like he had been there awhile. I'm still not sure how plausible it is that he was able to convince the bad guy that he was on his side so quickly.

The new enhancement to Jamie's powers is interesting and makes him a bit more formidable - it's also a disturbing visual. Good to know that his "life lessons" pay off in interesting ways. I can see this being an ongoing if David keeps using Madrox in such interesting ways.

The Rahne subplot just seems tacked on at the moment - I hope it ties in somehow. I wouldn't mind it in a series but in a mini, it seems like fat that could've been trimmed.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read #4 yet, but I have to say I'm loving this series. I came on late, but read 1-3 the other night and really enjoyed them. B/t this and Fallen Angel, it looks like PAD is getting back to his writing best. This is the most likeable I've ever seen the Madrox character.

And since I saw mention of New X-Men Academy, let me reiterate: BUY IT! It's one of Marvel's best books right now!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Madrox is such a great series! Imaginative uses of Jamie's powers, perfect comic noir tone, five thumbs up. Buy it, everyone, buy it!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for the release of the MADROX: Multiple Choice TPB.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I never did pick up this series. Is the TPB a full collection?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Yeah, Scoot. It collects the full five-issue mini.

Worth a look if you get the opportunity.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
You might notice an odd resemblence to Triplicate Girl -- just remember this series came out before Lu's new origin...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If it's in stock, I'm picking this up tomorrow.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the trade listed in this week's releases, FC. [Smile]

I didn't see any posts from you, looking back through this thread... So this will be completely new for you then? You didn't check out any of the miniseries prior to this? You're in for a fun read! I'm almost jealous... this story probably works better when read in one sitting. [Yes]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I decided not to spend the money on another TPB (blew too much on my PSP this week) so I acquired the mini by other means. I'll probably read it this weekend.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I don't think I ever bought and read issue #5. WTF? I'll have to look for it this weekend.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.