Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
It's a little jolting... but I'm just glad to see Rahne get some use.

I can relate. I loved seeing Adam Warlock in the last two issues of SHE-HULK, but a)he was depicted in his classic 70's outfit and b) was shown dying and "cocooning" to be reborn again, when most recently in Infinity Abyss, Marvel:The End and the Starlin THANOS issues, he was updated visually and could no longer be reborn-- next death's the last! --like that matters at Marvel... [Roll Eyes] [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm greatly enjoying this 5 parter, and wouldn't mind seeing more MadroX mini-series down the road. I don't think it warrants an ongoing, it feels more refreshing in this format. It's like when you go visit old friends. Great for the first few days, but then you've worn out your welcome!

This is the way I remember Guido and Rahne (thank goodness I haven't been buying all the "X"-books for the past few years!!!), so I'll just pretend the other stuff doesn't exist (ignorance is bliss!)...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
To answer Drake's question (Hey, I'm a New Mutant nut):

Rahne returned to the mansion after taking some time off from the mutant life with Moira's death and the loss of her powers. She's left behind some of her timid roots and has become more outgoing and more partial to leather and tank tops than plaid skirts and sweaters, all as her way of trying to find the "lost wolf" inside. Even with her powers back, she's kept with the more outgoing person she's become.

The biggest change though (the one SoM is noting) was that she lost her accent, explaining she had been in the States far too long. This was all followed up on in at the end of the New Mutants v2 series (#9 - on) and continues in New X-Men. It's a little jolting to have it back in MadroX, but I'm just glad to see Rahne get some use.

Yeah. Just read New Mutants 7-13 and NXM: Academy X #1-6. Even though there's some bad art on a few issues by Khary Ranolph (sp?), you still won't regret it [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I can relate. I loved seeing Adam Warlock in the last two issues of SHE-HULK, but a)he was depicted in his classic 70's outfit and b) was shown dying and "cocooning" to be reborn again, when most recently in Infinity Abyss, Marvel:The End and the Starlin THANOS issues, he was updated visually and could no longer be reborn-- next death's the last! --like that matters at Marvel... [Roll Eyes] [LOL]

Nah - that was Starlin's "dead is dead from now on" from The End's universal reboot.

Which Captain Marvel undid straight away with it's universal reboot [Big Grin] (Technically, the CM story was published 5 months earlier, in CM6 (The End 6 was published the same month as CM11). But since Genis was in the red'n'blue in The End, that has to have been earlier. [Smile] Besides, that the Dead means Dead rule had been wiped wasn't confirmed in CM until CM18, which was definately after [Smile] )

And Warlock & Kismet don't die when they cocoon anyway - they cocoon before they die. Warlock's only actually died once (in Avengers Annual #7).

And as for his look - Bobillo doesn't even try to draw the right looks. His Spidey had a weird cross between the Ben Reilly and "classic" suits, and as for his Thing [Disgusting]

[ October 27, 2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Another great issue, although it might get annoying if any more Madri die in the course of the series. I hope Rahne & Guido get more panel-time next issue.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed, ActorLad. I think the Madri need to be treated with a little more respect! But Jamie did seem to really feel it when that last one died.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Another great issue, although it might get annoying if any more Madri die in the course of the series.

Look at it this way - at least if some Madri die, it doesn't reduce the number of Madri there can be, unlike Lu. [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, btw it bothered me when the assassin guy threw that other guy off the Empire State Building. There's almost no way he could've done that without people noticing. But that's a minor quibble I guess... (and thanks for the NXM update)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Madrox #3 [SPOILERS]

"Everything okay? Why aren't you letting me out?"
"What's the point in letting you out? What's the point of anything?"
"Aw Lord."

Buy it.

--------------------

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I did but I haven't read it yet. Half of me wishes this was an ongoing, but the other half knows what happens when PAD stays on a book too long.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm loving this series.

Normally I stay away from the Marvel Universe as I somehow fixated on the DCU at an early age (thanks to a box of old Silver Age Superman comics an elderly neighbour let me read), but in recent times I've wandered into the Ultimate Marvel Universe (following Millar, mostly). So the rare times I delve into the regular Marvel U I view with trepidation of sorts, like the MU is some kind of murky pool wherein may be found all sorts of spiky, gooey and ugly things... and the occasional gem.

I view Madrox as one of those gems. I knew nothing about the character apart from the basics, and I honestly thought the character seemed rather stupid from what little I knew of him. But when I learned that his duplicates had a bit more stability and longevity than I imagined, and that PAD planned to cast Madrox and some other 'fringe' characters in a film noir setting, I thought I'd give it a try.

The writing is typical PAD, and since I choose my PAD carefully, I've managed to be quite happy with his work. I liked YJ and what I read of Supergirl (mostly crossover stuff), and I like his insightful dialogue, use of metatexual elements and intriguing interpersonal interplay. The concepts that PAD is playing with are intruiging as well - the fragmented personalities of the dupes I found to be fascinating, and rather than being annoying, I found the deaths of dupes to be an interesting character point. If Madrox continues to release dupes off like fire & forget missiles and the plot is revealled in thus fashion, I won't be disappaointed, and would find it quite appropriate.

I haven't gotten issue #3 yet (we get comics a few days later in OZ and I missed getting to my CBS this Friday), but am interested to see how things develop.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

One thing about duplicating heroes like Madrox and Triad is the question of their clothes and objects that are duplicated as well. I mention this because it seemed "wrong" to me that he would've duplicated the handcuffs as well. I'm willing to take for granted that clothes get duped, but if he can dupe cuffs, could he put on a gold chain, dupe himself over and over then take off the gold and be rich? Do objects have a limited shelf life? Would they disappear the second he reabsorbed the dupe even if he wasn't wearing it anymore?

Anyhow, the last page revelation was interesting and unexpected but makes sense considering how his dupes have been acting. It'd make sense some of Jamie's darker aspects would be villainous.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Well, he's been wearing a necklace-thing the whole mini. And why should his power treat handcuffs differently from a T-Shirt anyway?

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Does that mean he could stuff his pockets full of cash, duplicate a few time, empty them all into a big pile, reabsorb, and repeat? (Of course, they'd all have the same serial numbers, I suppose...)

Just finished the latest issue and I really liked it - this series continues to entertain in wonderful ways. The fractured personalities of the dupes make for excellent scenes, and the glimpses we see of Wolfsbane & Strong Guy could be seen as changes of scene for pacings sake, but are as exciting and fun as the 'main story'.

The last page made me wonder why I'd not considered this possibility all along, given the disparate personalities shown by some of the dupes. But can't Jamie reabsorb any dupes?

And... which one is the dupe? [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Do the dupes have the ability to make more dupes or just the original? If so, would those dupes be like "copies of copies" and be even less emotionally stable?
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Dupes can make more dupes, at least they've done so in the past. The Jamie in Fallen Angels believed himself to be the real Jamie and made dupes. And wasn't there a dupe in X-Factor who ended up dying? I think that one could make more dupes. This is one of the reasons why it's difficult to tell a dupe from the original - if "original" even means anything to someone like Jamie.

--------------------
Dan

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.