Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't hold out for Pam's return, I hear Victoria Principal is flat-out not interested and was never close to any of her castmates outside of Patrick Duffy.

However-- Ken Kercheval as Cliff Barnes IS a definite!!

GASP!!! J'LOVING the idea that Tommy and Rebecca might be secret Barnes offspring!!!

TNT ON DEMAND is offering some "iconic" past episodes of Dallas, and I watched the original series premiere as well as the "Barbecue" episode last night from the first season in 1978, that revealed much of the backstory between Digger Barnes and Jock and Miss Ellie. GREAT, enthralling episodes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
My family spent most of our weekends when I was growing up at my grandparents, and the ritual was pretty much to drive there Friday nights and watch Dallas.

For the record, I'd actually forgotten a lot of the more complicated family connections, but thanks to the internet, it's pretty easy to look them up!

There's also JR's other two kids who could show up at some point.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with most of what you guys have said. And, like Lardy, I remember when Jordana Brewster was a fresh-faced, healthy-looking startlet, and am saddened that she appears to have succumbed to the pressures that Hollywood puts on actresses to look thin.

I've also put the DVDs of the first four seasons on inter-library request. Can't wait!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I had to WikiPedia Dallas stuff last night, too, Edie! It also mentioned that Bobby had a biological child (another son, I think?) with Jenna, the character played by Priscilla Presley!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Don't hold out for Pam's return, I hear Victoria Principal is flat-out not interested and was never close to any of her castmates outside of Patrick Duffy.

Well, obviously he's in it, so hope springs? Some stuff I read last night speculated that Victoria as Pam is a super-secret upcoming twist. But take that with a grain of salt.

I'd read that Cliff's on his way--hopefully to plot and scheme with his two kids! [Yes] I also hope they do more with Ray and Lucy and maybe even have Gary show up at some point. (Personally, I think Knots Landing was superior to Dallas in many ways, though it doesn't play as grandiose and iconic as Dallas.)

[ June 14, 2012, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you on Knots Landing, Lardy. What a show that was!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Oddly enough, I don't remember ever watching Knot's Landing...

Anyway, Lucas Krebbs is Bobby and Jenna's son, adopted by Ray (who was married to Jenna as of the end of the series).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
I agree with you on Knots Landing, Lardy. What a show that was!

Yep! I remember really getting into it when they brought in Nicolette Sheridan as Mac's lovechild daughter and Michele Phillips (of the Mamas and the Papas) as her mom. The cast of excellent actors just really sparkled together, and the writing playedup to their strengths. There was a lot of great humor, too, mixed in with the soap opera such as when Greg Sumner tried to catch Abby before she put her makeup on! Donna Mills (Abby) was legendarily admired at the time for her eye makeup.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
In which season was Click Here For A SpoilerJ.R. shot?

Do spoilers EVER expire? [LOL]

"Rosebud" was a SLED, damnit!!!!! [tease]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Oddly enough, I don't remember ever watching Knot's Landing...

I have NEVER seen an episode of KNOT'S LANDING... but you guys totes have me WANTING to!!

Oh Fannie, you are gonna LOVE those first 4 seasons again after all these years!! The ending of the "Barbecue" episode in season 1 pretty much tells you ALL you EVER need to know about the total bastardicity of JR EWING. I was re-shocked AGAIN last night, even after seeing the episode a few years back right before launching this thread!

EDE, I kinda adore your childhood Friday memories, mine are similar. Granny, Mimi and I watched DALLAS every Friday for a LONG time--!! *happy sigh*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:

GASP!!!!! This obviously happened after I hit my surly teen years, bought a car, and deemed staying the weekend at my grandparents 'uncool' in favor of asking cougars at the grocery store to buy me beer!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I remember when we'd go up to my grandparents' for the weekend. We'd typically get there pretty late and settle in and watch "Dallas" together. I remember my aunt had a "Sue Ellen Did It!" t-shirt. WRONG!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*words do not do justice to this image*

-

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
quote:

GASP!!!!! This obviously happened after I hit my surly teen years, bought a car, and deemed staying the weekend at my grandparents 'uncool' in favor of asking cougars at the grocery store to buy me beer!
I was 2-15 while the show was on, so I actually remember the later years much better!

I totes remember the whole era where JR knocked up a waitress, and then was kidnapped by her redneck brothers and forced to marry her, only she wasn't really knocked up, only then later after she was miserable living at Southfork, she left him, but by this time she was really pregnant with JR's child, only she claimed that the father was James Beaumont, JR's other son via youthful indiscretion!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GOOD LORD! I missed ALL of that!! I definitely need to find those later seasons cheap to watch...!

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.