Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the all-LINDA GRAY (TV's Sue Ellen) thread feat. the whole DALLAS gang!
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

No drinking allowed whenever:

MISS ELLIE appears onscreen

oh,

that's not nice.

I think I could get in at least four beers without being tempted to lick the screen.

Okay, honesty time. One lite beer.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So I was at SPIN STREET and decided to buy DALLAS Season 3.

Yes, the final episode is the famous shooting of JR ep.

WEIRDNESS DEPT.: The set included 2 disc 5's and NO disc 1.

So it's gotta go back, but we read the synopses of the disc 1 eps and went straight to disc 2.

Sue Ellen isn't drinking, but she IS seeing a shrink, and is meaner to JR (deservedly so) than ever.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
New Dallas tonight!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yes and I am TOTALLY THERE!!!

I had forgotten I started this thread but seeing it reminded me of my awesomeness, and Sue Ellen's!!

Oh, I wonder if she'll be an ice-tinkling alkie again??!!?!?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I actually ended up getting all the way to like season 5 of my DALLAS DVD buying, but my interest in mass TV-DVD purchasing waned, and I eventually sold them off.

I wish I had kept them now!!

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved Dallas back in the day, but I haven't watched an episode in years!

I remember when I was in second grade, I'd try to imitate the way Victoria Principal walked towards the camera in the title sequence.

Ah, memories.

Will check out the new version tonight.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that was great trashy fun, even more than I expected! I'm in for the duration!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh I thoroughly enjoyed that!!!! *dreamy sigh*

A --PERFECT-- Summer show!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, pretty much fantastic!

More detailed thoughts to be posted tomorrow!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

More detailed thoughts to be posted tomorrow!

Tits!!! Makes me wish I'd taken notes... but from memory--

I was rather impressed with the stunning and frankly DAZZLING amount of backstabbery going on! I mean, DANG-!

John Ross isn't quite the playa his Daddy is, though he wants to be.

Was great to see Ray and Lucy but I really want to know where they fit into the Ewing legacy and where they stand with the family. Not holding my breath on them appearing much with this being only a 10 episode season.

So... WHO is behind fuax-Marta??

Jesse Metcalf and Josh Henderson are apparently as much BFFs offscreen as Hagman and Duffy always were, and I read they are really enjoying themselves... always good news for a TV show.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

My only real disappointment:

I'm a SUCKER for actor name credits appearing with images of the actors from the show, as the original DALLAS did... and I was a little crushed they didn't go that route here, although the opening is otherwise similar.

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know that I will be able to keep up with all the episodes. I did catch most of the first hour. The young Ewing boys are cute as all get out. I predict success.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So I think that's about the maximum number of plot twist one can fit into a two hour period!

John Ross: Totally his father's son, though he's got a lot of growing up to do if he really wants to outfox his old man! Love the scene with him meeting with/hiring the private investigator! It totally evoked old school Dallas!

Christopher: The "having to prove himself a real Ewing" thing makes a lot of sense for the character. I wonder if the fact that his birth mother is Kristin Shepard (which among other things, makes him Sue Ellen's biological nephew) will ever be brought up?

Elena: She is total love! In many ways the most sympathetic character of the new generation! And I love the mysteriously broken by outside parties romance with Christopher! "Who Sent the e-mail?" isn't quite as catchy as "Who Shot J.R.?", but it's actually got me really intrigued!

Rebecca: I thought she was going to be boring, but then they through in the plot with a scheming brother (who really intrigued me in the little screen time he had). Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Bobby/Ann: Okay, so the Bobby-has-cancer plot was the one thing I didn't really care for, but I loved him taking over the Miss Ellie role of trying to keep the family together/avoid squabbling/etc. She's kind of boring so far, except for the groovy scene with her about to shoot the intruder (was that someone working for John Ross, or someone else?).

JR: Larry Hagman pretty much dominated every scene he was in. My one big concern about the new kids is that, while they may be pretty to look at, I'm not sure they're going to ever have the kind of charismatic gravitas of Hagman.

Sue Ellen: I loved her taking Elena under her wing! We didn't get a whole lot from her, except the whole possible-governor-campaign plot, but what I saw I enjoyed!

Faux-Marta: Yeah, she's definitely intriguing. I'm kind of hoping the real Marta shows up again as well, though!

Ray/Lucy: Would've liked to have seen more done with their cameo, but I suppose it was nice to have them at the wedding anyway. Didn't Ray have a kid or two who could show up?

And speaking of which, this show need a Barnes! I'm thinking a romance between John Ross and Cliff's daughter what totes drive JR crazy!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ooooh, EDE, you're being so into this means even MORE fun for me with this!!

I totally had forgotten Christopher was Kristen's birth child!!

Excellent news on the ratings front for DALLAS:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/14/dallas-premiere-strikes-it-rich-for-tnt/

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I caught it last night (thanks to the hype here). Like many of us, I kinda grew up on Dallas, even though I didn't watch it thru it's latter years. The new show has potential, but most of the new characters lack the old stars' charisma (as EDE points out). If Bobby, J.R. and Sue Ellen weren't onboard, this show would probably be dead in the water.

Some thoughts:

Rebecca/her brother: Is their scheme about money, or is this about revenge? I hope it's the latter and that they turn out to be the Barnes connection EDE mentions this show really needing. Could they be Cliff's kids (EDE mentions a daughter--hell if I can remember all the old family connections!)?

Cliff Barnes/Pam: I hope Ken Kercheval returns as Cliff and Victoria Principal as Pam! Pam's story needs to finally be resolved and her returning would be significant for Chris.

Elena: I was really, tremendously distracted by Jordana Brewster's skeletal face! I know she hasn't always looked like that. Anorexia much?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.