Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Which Lost character are you? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Which Lost character are you?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny, because as with any show, your view of characters will change over time.

It's going to be fun watching someone experience this for the first time.

btw...you totes need to trudge through season 2 of TNG. It really starts to pick up with season 3.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.

I *THOUGHT* that was him, and totally expected him to be a major player... well I had that wrong!

LOST without Jack??? Kinda hard to imagine isn't it?

And now- on to Episode 9!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, originally it was Jack who was supposed to end up monster-eaten in the tree and then Kate would emerge as the unlikely leader of the group.

One of the beautiful things about the show is the way it plays with your perceptions of who you're supposed to consider a villain or a hero, and Sawyer's one of the best examples of this early on. He may be my favorite character of the original cast, just because he's so beautifully complex.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Also the actress wo played Sun originally auditioned for the role of Kate. But when they found out she could speak Korean, they created Sun & Jin. If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Jin didn't speak Korean.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Similar stories are true of several of the characters. I believe Hurley was created because they were impressed by Jorge Garcia, who'd auditioned for Sawyer (who was originally supposed to be from New York). Charlie was pretty significantly changed to allow Dominic Monaghan to play him as well (he was originally supposed to be more of an aging rockstar).
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E9:

Riveting. Sayid's story was sad. Danielle's presence pokes a fairly sizable hole in my 'purgatory' theory, but I am glad the question of who sent the distress call was answered. Apparently the thing that killed the people she knew was an illness? Madness, maybe, and she had to dispose of them?

Danielle clearly states there's no such thing as monsters, but if we're LUCKY, it's a BEAR? This infers there's scarier things than the bears there... Now we know Mr. Locke stared "the island in the eye"-- and found it beautiful awhile back. And whatever THAT thing he was looking at was mighty big.

At first I was confused as to why anyone would object to Hurley's making a golf course, but then it dawned on me that to begin to enjoy the island would mean they are beginning to accept their fate, and they probably needed a minute to process that. JUST a minute, as it turned out, which I thought worked really well. It was time for some fun.

I continue to be fascinated by Mr. Locke and his every movement, line and expression. I am convinced he is the true "big player" here somehow.

A brief break, then episode 10!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E10:

Focus on Claire, whose baby I am watching very closely... that purgatory theory, you know.

Of course the MAJOR revelations come at the end: Sayid says they aren't alone here... Well, a-DUH. The extra person who isn't on the manifest has me VERY VERY creeped out though!

Apparently it's this Ethan character who may be the Alex Danielle is looking for. Or not. [Smile] I suppose I'll watch episode 11 and find out!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
hee hee
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... this is so awesome that somebody again gets the joy of going into Lost cold.

You're in for a great ride, Lash! Enjoy it! (As I get to enjoy your recaps. [Yes] )

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So cool to see ya getting into Lost, Lashie!

Without spoiling anything, I find many of your observations more insightful than any I made during those earliest episodes. It's a very challenging show, but that's one of the reasons I love it. That, and the unforgettable characters and their stories!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E11:

When Mr. Locke tells you to shhhh, you dang well better shhhh! *chills*

Oh gosh!!! Michael's jealousy of Mr. Locke is making me nervous...

Jack and Mr. Locke clashing is making me nervous...

Charlie and Claire's disappearance is making me nervous...

Oh BOONE! It's a good thing you're so pretty else I would never ever forgive you for not knowing Spock's name! "Pointy eared guy", indeed.

Hmm. Jack is kinda getting on my nerves this episode. *sigh* But then his Dad made him cry in flashback, so now I feel guilty about that. Stop this emotional roller coaster, LOST!

Good Lord! What does freak-face want with Charlie and Claire-- and who knew he could kick so much ass?

CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooOO!

Wait, WHAT! NO! I mean, the GOOD kind of NO...

Hmm. Island has a manhole cover? That's not normal.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ex, Lardy, Dev-- I can't imagine the torture it must have been having to wait the week between episodes, so in a way I'm kinda glad I waited... one benefit of Netflix and days when I have a lot of time on my hands.

I bet the wait after season finales was hideous! I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...

On to E12!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...

LEGENDARY ones, Lash! [Yes] I think the S3 finale was the biggest jaw-dropper, personally. I've a feeling it'll grab you, as well....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E12:

*blank stare* NO mention of the island manhole cover? Annoying.

Other things that are bothering me:

The general lack of concern over, well, y'know, THAT GIANT MONSTER THAT ATE THE PILOT? And WHATEVER those THINGS WERE that were knocking over trees in the jungle everyone saw from the beach? Oh yeah, and-- THE SERIAL KILLER LOOSE ON THE ISLAND trussing up Charlie like a scene from FRIDAY THE 13th: JASON'S ISLAND ADVENTURE? HELLO.

One of my other annoyances was somewhat allieviated this episode, as we finally saw the group all gathered together at the end, after moving camp inland. It was really bothering me that the group seems so segregated and broken into little small groups. These guys should all know each others' names by now.

Charlie's breakdown and Rose's prayer had your sentimental buddy MLLASH fighting off tears.

And Shannon has a lovely singing voice [Smile]

I'll go one more tonight and then-- we'll see, maybe another one [Big Grin]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E13:

***GLARES AT MR. LOCKE*** He's hurt my Boone! I'm not going to get upset because just as sure as I do, LOST will turn the tables on me and make me feel bad for getting upset with him. Besides, I still trust Mr. Locke... so let's continue watching...

Hmm. First the now-working legs, then the saving Charlie, now the attempted save of whatever's bothering Boone-- surely by this episode, people were realizing that Locke is THE key figure in all of this? Or is it all a red herring and he's just really reaLLLLLLLy blessed and perceptive?

J'adore Sun's garden!!! I think I love Sun [Smile]

Great. More invisible giant monster. *rolls eyes*

So-- Shannon was a grifter of sorts?

HOLY SHITSNACKS! Well, she was a grifter and now she's gristle-- in giant invisible monster's teeth!

Or not. *glare* Well that was trippy.

NEWEST THEORY: Locke-- or more likely whatever has INHABITED Locke's body-- is a celestial agent of some sort, and is making it his mission to steer as many of these Purgatory residents over to the LIGHT and away from the DARK as he can!

How an innocent child, a dog, an obviously already religious woman named Rose, a crazy French woman and a serial killer work into the purgatory theory is something I haven't worked out yet...

Don't tell me how horribly, horribly wrong or right I am please [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.