Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Exiles [SPOILERS] (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Exiles [SPOILERS]
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, with Blink back & Austen gone, I bought my first issue of this featuring the team since 22 (the abberation being the Nocturne flashback two-parter).

Not bad for Bedard's first issue, apart from his leaning too hevaily on Beak (which makes me think that he's going with the team to "Earn his wings" at the end of this, leaving TJ, and her possession-power, behind - and with another pointy-eared blue female on the team... not a swap I would be happy with). Namor & Reed's guest spots work though.

As for Namora (I'm presuming she is a gender-bender counterpart of Namor, and not his late cousin/Namorita's "mum" who ended up in Namor's role), she came off as a bit of a parody really. I presume the "Imperius Regina" (their bold), wasn't meant to elicit sniggers...

None of the others were out of character (as I remember them), but only Morph & TJ got any moments that showed their character. And the fact that Bedard did a good TJ isn't going to help if he boots her off. At least Mimic was relegated to background noise.

Any other comments?

[ February 02, 2005, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
spoliers

Looks like you were right SoM!!!! I just hope we see TJ around!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
Though i like the characters of Mimic, Blink & Morph (who doesn't seem to be the AOA Morph who was actually a mutated version of Changeling?)Exiles is one of those books that just annoys me.

That's not changing here, mainly because of Beak.

Did anyone else get the impression that Beak is now an American with some severe retardation instead of a Dutch kid who doesn't speak English very well?

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Also it appears that Nocturne will be a member of the new Brotherhood Of Evil!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking of buying this again after the Austen run because I read a preview that said Beddard was going to address who the flip the Time Broker (or whoever) is.

But if Beak's on the team I might not bother. He was annoying enough in Morrison's X-Men as it was!

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] for 59, out this week.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I still like EXILES, and I ADORE the art too! Really enjoyed the recent Kulan Gath (sp?)storyline!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey LASH,

can you tell me what happeend to Nocturne and Sunfire-was that her name?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Does Beak have any super power?

With Heather de-powered (IIRC), that's two members without powers.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

VU-- I'm nowhere near as cute as Lashie, but I've got some answers for you. [Wink]

Nocturne was left in the main Marvel universe when the team picked up Beak. yay. [Roll Eyes]
I hope after TB's done his big Beak story we get TJ back where she belongs...

And Sunfire died [Frown] while the team was fighting a Brood-possessed Mimic.

And I think Beak's powers are super-annoyance and super-uselessness, Quis. [Razz]

Why the hell anyone would wanna recycle useless Morrison characters like him and Ord, I haven't a clue.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Er, unless I've missed something Ord of Breakworld isn't a Morrison character, he's all Joss.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

We're headed back to the AoA, bayBEE! [Eek!]

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I buy this title in TPB form (chastise me, I deserve it!), and just bought the 'Earn Your Wings' collection.

Sigh. I understand the value of a lesser powered character as a kind of window for the readers, but... Beak???

If the next trade isn't stupendously awesome, I'll be left with only Invincible and Losers as my TPB pull list... Maybe for the best?

Although I am very interested in what the real deal with the Timebroker is... Been intrigued ever since the Exiles/X-Men crossover where it seemed as though the 'bad Alex' had possessed the Timebroker or something (IIRC)...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul Pelletier is the new artist of Exiles, beginning in September.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Click for fullsize image
YyyyyyyyYYESS! [Bouncing Boy] !!!

NEGATION's Team Supreme reunited... on EXILES!!

Sorry, as much as I love Bedard's writing, Calafiore's work is to angular for me...and Sakakibara just hasn't been doing it for me either. But THIS has me the most excited about EXILES I've been in a looooong time.

I just wish September wasn't so far away! [Frown] [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.