Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Exiles [SPOILERS] (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Exiles [SPOILERS]
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I may have to start getting this title again. I lost interest and dropped it after the Hyperion story but if Povikins is excited about the new creative team I probably ought to give it another chance.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
EXILES is still good to me, and I am interested in just what is going to happen now that they've gone to confront the Timebroker.

Beak being non-powered never bothered me as a member of Exiles, but you have to remember that when I was a kid, non-powered characters WERE sometimes members of super-teams, like Mal Duncan over in Teen Titans. I kinda find stuff like that cool.

Pelletier, eh? That's pretty groovy although I really like the 2 current rotating artists.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 64 SPOILERS!!!!!

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Namora... NoooOOOOoooOOOOooo! Well, she had a decent run on the team. I thought Blink and Mimic were goners too... scary issue.

That last page made my DAY!!! Can't wait for the Hyperions to lay the MAJOR SMACKDOWN on evil Hype!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the casualties of my recent title purge. To me Exiles has been going steadily downhill and I'm tired of the two books every month shipping. Marvel can't get half their titles out once every three months but we get five issues in three months for Exiles?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I forgot toout about # 64-- page 1 (2 if you count the PREVIOUSLY page) made me bust out laughing! [LOL] The only comic I've read today (and I've read several) that made me do that!

Of course, I still have GLA and I Can't Believe It's Not the JLA to read... and the wacky-looking Ultimate Defenders on the cover of ULTIMATES 2 # 6 look promising... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#65... spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

Looks like Beak'll be heading back 'home' fairly soon, Star Boy. I kind of like the character, but he does take up space in a valuable 'superteam' slot. Maybe he can be like a mutant Rick Jones sidekick sort of guy.

Unless Namora has some regenerative powers, looks like she'll no longer be appearing in EXILES. Now if they'd get rid of Sabretooth, I'd be happier.

I was prepared to drop this title, but the last couple of issues have convinced me to stick around. New from the convention of where the EXILES will be visiting make me want to hang around, as well.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
So I had the first three trades for a while. I decided to get the next eight trades! At once! I've been reading Exiles straight now since early October. [Smile]

Wow. The Austen issues certainly were the weakest. Especially that story where Magik killed the Avengers. The arc he did after that weren't so bad. Bedard was better but not as good as Winik though he has grown on me. (I loved his CG stuff!)

Star Boy, Beak is the Exiles Bouncing Boy. Anyone can be a hero! [Smile]

I love the artists. McKone, Calafiore, Travis Henry(!!!). Sakakibara I didn't love but he was all right.

The only thing that worries me is the formula may be gone forever. I hope to see them in a "typical" story again where they arrive on a new world and must save it, etc.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I just got the latest trade, with the Timebreakers and Destroy All Monsters arcs... And they were... okay? Not sure what I think about it all. I like Mimic, so it was good to see some cool character stuff from him, and the loss of Namora was a total shock! All in all it was good but not excellent. Maybe I need to read it again. [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Namora was kind of evil...but was hot!!! I kinda liked her better than TJ.

I have to agree overall it was good not excellent. Winick/McKone were excellent. As I said above I am worred all this recent stuff has broken the formula.

The upcoming stuff looks excting. New Universe, 2099, Squadron Supreme, etc.

Real quick idea about Exiles. Maybe have some of the Marvel 616 time lost heroes all join. Cable, Rachel Summers (Phoenix), Bishop, etc. Time lost heroes in the proper MU i think complicates things. This is a title I LOVE because of the setting. Sometimes the stories are average but the setting is so cool I love it. I can lose Sabertooth and add some more heroes! The crystal is a big place. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Alan buys this from time to time but not regularly so I'm never really sure whats happening - I'd love to see Cyclops and Havoks mother turn up - we've met their dad so why not? Maybe they get their mutant gene from her?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Alan buys this from time to time but not regularly so I'm never really sure whats happening - I'd love to see Cyclops and Havoks mother turn up - we've met their dad so why not? Maybe they get their mutant gene from her?

Good idea! Ever since Adam X an obscure X character that is rumored to be her son with Lilandra's brother D'Ken (i think)I have been interested in her. Anyways he was a cool human/shiar/mutant back in the 90s.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] !

Issue 75, and we're gonna party like it's 2099!

No Pelletier for this arc, apparently, but Jim C does a decent job this issue. And the story even picks UP a beat. Bedard is really finding the right voice for his characters, especially Proteus. And wait until you see P's new host...! [Shudder]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Is Longshot in this now? Is it 616 Longshot? What's up with him these days?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Longshot's been added, and (according to Mojo, anyway) there's only ONE Longshot... this is him.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, and I don't know for certain... but there's only one Mojo across the whole continuum. Maybe it's the same with Longshot?

Heather made a trade with Mojo-- TV access across the timebreakers' nexus to other realities for Longshot. The catch is, he's not the Longshot we're familiar with; Mojo wiped his mind again after his most recent failed rebellion.

Still good to see him, though. And he had the best line this issue, I thought--

"So much for not impacting your timeline... [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.