Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Exiles [SPOILERS] (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Exiles [SPOILERS]
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Calybos got it, then... I'm too slow. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
So they are in 2099 right now. And Proteus is in the body of Click Here For A Spoiler2099 HULK...scary

It was a very good issue. Not that i never trusted Bedard but it seems he's getting better and better.

I do worry what happens next. He's changed the Exiles status quo. World Tour stuff is cool! But then? Do they get to pick what worlds to save from the Crystal Palace? I hope so. I liked the basic just go to one world and try to fix the timeline original premise.

Also if Click Here For A SpoilerSpider-Man 2099 joins which appears he is...I always find it odd to have TWO agility guys on the same team. The other being Longshot.

I do love this title. I love all the alternate world stuff.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
The catch is, he's not the Longshot we're familiar with; Mojo wiped his mind again after his most recent failed rebellion.

For some reason, this made me think of Neo (or "the One") of "The Matrix" -- always fighting the same battle over and over and always destined to fail. Come to think of it, Mojo makes as much sense as the "Architect"...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

And Mojo and Longshot were first... [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Bedard talks about the Exiles' visit to Earth-Squadron Supreme and beyond at Comicon's THE PULSE. Spoilers!

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
EXILES 84

I was all but ready to drop this (they've killed off all the characters I cared about), when who appears but a version of the heroine, lamely butchered in 'our' reality, Darkstar. Along with Northstar, Aurora and the rest of an Alpha Flight. Or against, I should say, since she's actually fighting the Canadian superteam alongside her own Russian one. Good or bad, I'm just glad to see her. Most of her, anyway, since she's been saddled with a truly hideous mask thing. Although I can't really call it a mask, since it covers her mouth and nose and not her eyes.

If *she* joins the Exiles, I'd definitely keep reading.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Darkstar would make a good Exile. Mystery Lad I have a dream of the characters that got dealt a bad hand by the proper MU get a chance to join the Exiles. Magik(again) for instance to name another russian blonde.

Looks like the status quo is back. I did request it. But maybe not like this. But maybe the aliens are right. The Exiles did need some structure. Oh wait though...is there going to be a new team???

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I'm talking the original run, which I recently reread from 1-88 (I dropped it after that IIRC because I missed Mimic and was looking for any reason to cut titles).

It didn't suck at ALL. It was usually pretty cool. I kinda wish I'd finished it out.

Of course, it's a pretty winning scenario as it is-- kinda a WHAT IF with recurring (yet everchanging) characters.

I dunno what happened to the EXILES after issue 88, but I bought the new EXILES # 1 this week, mainly because it featured 3 of my favorite femme-muties: Polaris, Scarlet Witch and Blink.

It didn't suck so far. Jury's still out though.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.