Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Timber Wolf ep - SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Timber Wolf ep - SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Clips from this episode are now available.

[ September 30, 2006, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... so I didn't think this episode was quite as good as the first, but there was a lot to love, particularly Bouncing Boy, who seems to have retained the engineering aspect of his postboot self.

If Anibrainiac keeps mentioning his twelfth-level intelligence multiple times per episode, it's going to get kind of annoying, though.

Loved the inclusion of shots of other Legionnaires at the end, but where were Triplicate Girl and Phantom Girl in the episode?

And I totally prefer the original Timber Wolf origin over this simplified version. I thought the cheesy "I was trying to make a perfect soldier" aspect of his dad's motivations was so much less interesting than the original as well.

Oh well, I'm still excited about the series, however!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
And I totally prefer the original Timber Wolf origin over this simplified version. I thought the cheesy "I was trying to make a perfect soldier"

Wasn't the original, "I was trying to make a perfect miner?"
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe it was. Hmm... I guess explaining why werewolves make perfect miners is a little difficult...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked how they introduced the legionnaires via the images in the induction ceremony. Any kid is gonna go "Who are all those guys?" and wanna know more.

I think that's why i bought my first Justice League and Avengers comics a way back when.

Wasnt it a bit odd that Superboy was administering the oath when he was the shortest tenured member there?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I liked how they introduced the legionnaires via the images in the induction ceremony. Any kid is gonna go "Who are all those guys?" and wanna know more.

Wasnt it a bit odd that Superboy was administering the oath when he was the shortest tenured member there?

Paragraph 1: AGREED! I'm so excited about this I could pee my pants and I *know* who they all are!! Some little rugrat WILL pee his pants in excitement!

Paragraph 2: Maybe the last newbie gets to swear in the new newbie?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

If Anibrainiac keeps mentioning his twelfth-level intelligence multiple times per episode, it's going to get kind of annoying, though.

He's the new Dawnstar! She used to mention how her tracking powers earned her a place in the Legion every time she appeared!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Loved the inclusion of shots of other Legionnaires at the end, but where were Triplicate Girl and Phantom Girl in the episode?

I believe the plan is to rotate the cast, featuring several core members in each episode, along with other members. I suspect that they will be back next episode.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What was with the Sun Boy design though? He looked like a guitarist for a heavy metal band. Long hair, sleeveless shirt, skinny, eye makeup. Now i definitely wanna see him appear in an episode.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's certainly better than his "Byronic poet" look in 5YL.
Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite Legionnaire on the small screen Timber Wolf yay!,agree about the voice and origin but I can live with it,Loved the version of Steve Lightle's costume,the grey skin/fur I can live with,But I do wish his hair had a little more curl to it (ala Cockrum).

Can't wait to see Wildfire and Karate Kid my other two favorite Legionnaires.

[ September 30, 2006, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Some image caps here.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ September 30, 2006, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved all those images during the reading of the oath. Can't wait for next week's episode.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A big THANK YOU for posting those caps. The CW station in my area is a broadcast-only one. It still comes in, but the reception looks only a little better than the channels that you can still see when cable goes out. So, the details in background shots like the flying Legionnaires from the first episode and the round-up of holo-witnesses to Timber Wolf's swearing in are hard for me to see. I tape the episode, but everything goes all fuzzy when I pause. Sigh-- can't *wait* for the DVD!!

The theme music's growing on me. It only needs an identifying 'hook', I think.

Was 'Rahl' shown in text somewhere during the episode? I thought they said 'Braal' and I kept wondering why Cosmic Boy's home planet was changed to Timber Wolf's planet of origin (in wolf-form, anyway). Do you think Brin has animal-control powers, here? Or was that just a predator's show of dominance when he confronted his father's other experiments?

Can Saturn Girl read minds without touching her subject? We know she can project mind-control without touching-- but maybe she can't really delve without physical contact. I kind of like the healing trance bit, but the mindblast was too Phoenix-like. Telekinesis? I think they've done a good job making her power a visual one-- though I hope she can be effective 'invisibly', too.

She looked much prettier when one 'wing' of her hair fell forward when she was lying on the ground. I'm guessing that she'd know that, too-- but wears the more severe style as a matter of choice.

What'd y'all think of Bouncing Boy's style of bounce-flight? Was he using the flight ring in concert with bouncing? The Legionnaires must've been traveling pretty slowly if he wasn't. It was an odd- but cool- visual.

Everything's background to the oath-scene, though. For me, at least. I got goosebumps when Brin donned the belt and ring and raised his hand to a ring of distant witnesses. Very effective, I thought. I hope lots of kids or other viewers are *very* curious about the characters appearing in the background.

Loved seeing Element Lad, Dream Girl and Sun Boy-- Blok, Shrinking Violet, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy... bring on their episodic debuts!

I thought Tyroc was Nardo when I first saw the scene! Or from Nardo's planet. The black stripe made me think of Invisible Kid, but those big metallic circles do hint much more at Tyroc.

It made sense to me that Superman 'officiated' at Timber Wolf's induction ceremony. If a legendary figure from the past that served as inspiration for your organization was present, wouldn't it be logical to have him step forward in situations like this? Even if he is a novice, relatively speaking on a couple of levels.

I look forward to- and sort of dread financially- the marketing blitz. The comic book and action figures have already been hinted at. Don't forget 'regular' book stores. There'll be a variety of children's books issued, I'm sure. 8x8,s... activity books with crayons/watercolor/stickers... novelizations... sound stories... I've seen all of those published for Teen Titans, JLU and Batman and Superman. Maybe even a hardback or two.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man, so I've watching that last sequence with T-Wolf's oath like 5 times now. Love it! Why was Violet all big-haired scarcedy cat looking? Is she afraid of those folks with big hair?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.