Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legacy ep - SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legacy ep - SPOILERS
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We get to see a bit more of Brainy and Tinya.

When it hit me who the teenaged girl competing with the Legion of Superman's attention was i felt kinda dumb for not figuring it out before but It put a smile on my face.

A restaging of an old Superboy story in the future. Sort of inline with those crazy preboot stories where the 31st century was populated with people that looked/acted just like their 20th century ancestors.

[ October 07, 2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Alexis Luthor and she stole Lobo's cycle.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Woah, the legionarres really kicked butt in this episode, and for the people who say that Saturn girl is weak were obviosly wrong. And I got to see more of Brainy and Phantom girl, who were both awesome by the way. The only thing I didn't like is that there was no Timberwolf and Bouncing Boy:( But I guess you can't have all the legionarres at once,cause I guess it's better to have them not be in the episode than to not do anything. Does anyone get the feeling we're going to see Alexis again?

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
At first I was annoyed that Alexis was getting all this air time. I mean, with so many Legionnaires I want to see, why do I have to spend all this time watching her? Well, there was a payoff! She went bad. Sad, but good storytelling! I liked it.

The action scenes were just great. I'm still all fanboy tingly from seeing these guys in action, especially Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl. I wish there were more Easter Eggs, we just got Lobo this time. I don't think any of the sentients in the backgrounds were anyone. Alexis used the name "Kort" though, didn't she? That was Magno Lad's name, right?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I, too, did not get the reference until the hair started falling off. Pretty well done if you ask me. It would be interesting to see a Legion of Super Villains that was just a bunch of rich-kid wanna-bes.

I liked the Phantom Girl lines and Brainy's issues with being Superman's friend. Any time I wondered if they were going to be too cardboard cut-out, they backed off or surprised me.

A minor quibble I have to get out of the way: Lightning Lad's sound effect for his lightning bolts could use some tweaking.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
gee i guess in the 31st century Lobo has finally mellowed out, and i guess that the JLA satellite hasn't been scrapped after all.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
I caught part of it; will watch it later if the DVR worked properly. The TV listings still insist that Legion's been bumped to Sundays for the college games, but it shows on Saturday. So I have to hit record when the show starts instead of a pre-load. [Frown]

I could see why Alexis would try to get Superman in the first place. He hadn't fought Lex Luthor yet, but she'd know about him from family history. And what better revenge, what greater humilation could she inflict, than to have Superman following her around like a lovesick puppy? [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
I caught part of it; will watch it later if the DVR worked properly. The TV listings still insist that Legion's been bumped to Sundays for the college games, but it shows on Saturday. So I have to hit record when the show starts instead of a pre-load. [Frown]

I could see why Alexis would try to get Superman in the first place. He hadn't fought Lex Luthor yet, but she'd know about him from family history. And what better revenge, what greater humilation could she inflict, than to have Superman following her around like a lovesick puppy? [Big Grin]

You'd think the Legion would have known who she was too in relation to Clark's past...
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, I caught the thing about 'Alexis' early on. But we did see Lobo and the JLU base.

It would be fun for her to start the LSV though.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Fun!

Yeah, I predict an Alexis-funded LSV in future eps!

At first I kinda wanted her to be Alexis Spiffany.

Both Phantom Girl and Saturn Girl kicked major tail, and I'm glad the LSH didn't actually need SuperBOY (I refuse to refer to him as Superman here) to save their hash in that initial pre-upgraded battle.

Too bad there were no other Legionnaires at the HQ when the attack happened. This would have been a great time to throw in a couple.

Minor quibble: The Scavengers should have been the Resource Raiders!

Brainy's man-crush on Supes sure was cute!

I agree-- awesome battle scenes here. Good stuff all around!

Still in awe-mode at even HAVING a Legion 'toon at all.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Resource Raiders?? is that what thye're called way back in Superboy and the Legion #242? (the Earth Wars saga)?

I was thinking about more like wishing that the raiders would be like Starburst Bandits...they do have the similar weapons...and they are thieves too.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I too was thinking "Resource Raiders" would have been cool.

I also think that the guy who first disses Superman and Alexis cuts down should have been Lester.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Sklarian raiders would also have been an option. A whole bunch of new girlfriends for Alexis.

Oh, Quis-- that Lester reference would have SO been perfect.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am surprized you didn't think of it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, Brainy losing an arm and replacing it with a new robotic arm, so subversive!
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.