Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Clark and Brainy sittin' in a tree... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Clark and Brainy sittin' in a tree...
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think IQ's really matter that much, it's just 'potential' and doesn't actually say much about how smart you genuinely are.

My IQ is 136 and I've gotten exactly the same score no matter how many times or types of tests I've taken. -heh- I guess that might mean that's what it ought to be.
Nothing special, I'm no Einstein but at least it's not like Forrest Gump either.

Supposedly there are different types of intelligence involving numeracy, literacy, spatial relationships, physical skills and so on (I have NO idea what the categories are - I'm guessing here).

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangirl Girl
Every Bishonen's Worst Nightmare

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fangirl Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Fangirl Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
How did we go from Supie/Brainy slash to IQs? O_o;;

Honostly I have no idea what my IQ is. I do know that by 3rd grade I was reading and writing at a 2nd year college level.

--------------------
Beware Fangirl Girl! Her power will force you into saucy slash situations you cannot escape from! *evil laugh* Don't drop the soap!

From: Washington state, have a second home in hell though where I stay when called in | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Supposedly there are different types of intelligence involving numeracy, literacy, spatial relationships, physical skills and so on (I have NO idea what the categories are - I'm guessing here).

I believe that to be very true. The most intelligent people out there can be very disorganized and quite lacking in common sense. It's also possible to be very smart and yet very absent-minded. And I once had a professor in college tell me that artists are intelligent in their own way; we may be really horrible at math or science, but we might understand creative concepts better than most, as well as be more sensitive to things like color, shape, composition and spacial depth on 2D and 3D levels. (And I seriously cannot do math beyond the four basic functions to save my life, yet I supposedly have an IQ in the 120's.)

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I don't think IQ's really matter that much, it's just 'potential' and doesn't actually say much about how smart you genuinely are.

that's what an IQ is. it tells your inteligiance quotient. you potential.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.