Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I had cable.

Ooops, wrong thread. I'll go ask the nasty genie.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by numberonelegionfan:
They wouldn't dare kill off a Legionnaire, would they?

Sure, why not? They didn't shy away from it in the 60s when most of the readers were kids not much older than the target audience for the cartoon. I'm just wondering how many will die.

What a change of tone from last week.

Congats to Chuckie! I couldn't happen to a greater guy. I missed most of the faces on the monitors at his election. I caught Dream Girl and Element Lad. Who else?

I have to join the other voices who hate the founder triangle thing. It's an ugly part of the Legion that should remain buried in the past forever, imo. It seriously compromised my pleasure in the story and I can only hope they don't pursue it any further. (But chances are they will.)

WHY-nath has changed to WIN-ath, as it should be. Ayla's absence is most conspicuous and more than a little worrisome in its implications for LL's future, as others have noted.

I had hoped for more in-depth characterization for (the presumably soon-to-be-departed) Ferro Lad but he did good on his rookie mission.

The final scene -- I'm also going along with the theory it's a rouge Controller about to unleash the Sun Eater. The next two months of reruns will be absolute torture until we find out.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razorsaw
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razorsaw           Edit/Delete Post     
I dunnow about what people are saying about the conflict between the three founders. :/ I mean, otherwise, Cosmic Boy would have just been superfluous in this episode - he wouldn't have affected any kind of drama. Just "Whee! Hi best friend/former leader!"
Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
It just really felt like the Legion. Lots of characters, lots of action in the name of helping. Excellent characterization. I like the conflict between LL and Cos. It makes sense. Garth has a problem with the way Cos is doing things, so he says something. That's great. Cos doesn't back down. Potatoe, Potah-toe, let's call the whole thing Bouncing Boy!

Great to see Colossal Boy and Ferro Lad in action! Fanboy geek-out here! And, just to top that off....DREAMY!!!! Can't wait to see her *do* something, but I'll accept her holo-ing it in until then. (Nice to see the other cameos, too, including lil Ayla in the family portrait.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Best episode yet!

Lots of the Trips and Chuck interacting...loved the scene with just them and Superman in the ship. Echoes of the Lus two great loves.

Brainy to Colossal Boy "is that as small as you get"? And CBs comeback line.

Only quibble...Ferro Lad isn't shown to "iron up" his hands when using super strength.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bouncing Boy 61
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bouncing Boy 61   Email Bouncing Boy 61         Edit/Delete Post     
OK now that the cats out of the bag I can comment more. Great to see Bouncing Boy as the new leader. I'm partial to him. That means he'll be in every episode now. Great to see Colossal Boy. He was great. "I demand a recount." Hilarious. Ferro Lad was cool too but I'd rather see more of Colossal Boy. Waiting for an episode that would be at least a 2 if not 4 parter having the entire LOH appear along with the substututes. Now that would be cool. Maybe next season. That would have something for everyone. Great epsiode all the way.

--------------------
"Anyone got a patch? I think I have a flat"

From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with everyone; very good episode.

My guess for the mystery villain at the end? Zaryan. Isn't that about what his ship looked like?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:

Only quibble...Ferro Lad isn't shown to "iron up" his hands when using super strength.

Yeah, it bothered me that he was using super strength in non-iron form (why wouldn't he iron up anyway?)

"CB1" and "CB2"? That was cute. I don't mind the conflict between the Founding three - I've always appreciated the fact that a team this big would have tension.

I agree that this was probably the best episode yet (though I think Chuck's plan was a little too silver age in its gimmickry -- Superman could've dug that trench all on his own and I don't understand how a forrest fire can redirect a flood - that's not remotely possible is it?)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
My guess for the mystery villain at the end? Zaryan.

D'oh! That's who I meant. Not Roxxas, wrong pirate.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Zaryan is one of my all-time favorite villians. Now that would so honkin cool! I didn't have my glasses on when they showed the Ranzz family picture so the the twins both looked like boys to me, was I wrong or what?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
*Hands duck a pair of glasses* Try mine, the twins were fraternal.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The 'toon continues to impress me with how the creators go the extra mile. Not only did they give us Cosmic Boy this time, but also Ferro Lad ... and a surprise election with a delightful result.

I liked the rounding out of some of the characters: Cos is the consummate boy scout, but he's overprotective of Imra (which justifiably annoys her); Garth has to deal with drama on two fronts: a threat to his leadership and concern for his family. The conflict between Cos and LL was pretty much what I expected, but it did bring out new aspects of their personalities. The reason for Cos' absence also ties in nicely with the current series, another example of how the 'toon weaves in aspects of every incarnation of the Legion.

But in spite of the homages to the past, the show seems determined to chart its own course. To wit, Chuck's ascension. I'm glad to see Bouncy getting his due, as well as to see the show veer off into a direction totally unexpected.

I was puzzled by Ayla's absence from the family reunion at the end. Oh well, a subplot never hurt anyone ...

Speaking of subplots, I have no idea who the mystery villain is. I vote for somebody new. Gotta have some new blood.

Here's hoping the 'toon charts another new course by having Ferro Lad stay around a bit longer this time and not turn into the shy, self-effacing Ferro of the last boot.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder if Chameleon Boy will get to pop up and make a 'CB 3' crack?

I hope so.

I liked that Cosmic Boy's attitude towards Saturn Girl was a direct echo of the Adventure era's 'too dangerous for a girl' days. If only the animated SG were as sassy as Imra was back then.

The tension among the founders makes me want to see an 'origin of the LSH' episode. I hope they really make *that* story unique to the animated continuity.

Are non-Legion fans aware that those three are the founders? And has the Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl dynamic come across as a romance? Maybe Garth is just jealous... first of Timber Wolf, now of Cosmic Boy, who seemed genuinely surprised at Lightning Lad's attitude. I get the feeling Cos came in and behaved the way he would have before he took off for his long, apparently diplomatic, mission, not stopping to think that some things might've altered during his absence.

Loved the team facing a menace that didn't wear a costume or want to take over the world. LSH rescue stories are usually fun.

Of course, the election scene was a delightful surprise. Who would've predicted Chuck as leader? Even with his stellar moment in this episode? Did Trips vote three times?

With Garth, Imra, Jo and Tinya introduced in the animated universe, I'm quite surprised that it's the Luornu (have they said her name on air yet?)/Chuck romance that's 'hitting' first!

CW isn't part of our cable system, but is broadcast the old-fashioned way, in our area. It reminds me of when I was a kid and watched PBS on a fuzzy screen with weird little blackout spurts on windy days. So, I miss some of the background detail, like just who was present via holo in the election scene and the group scene at the end of last episode. I always look forward to the caps posted here, so I can 'catch up'.

Was there any indication of who voted for who? If not, I hope the producers/writers consider a more in-depth look at an election next time there's a change in leadership. That could be a source for some nice comedic touches, I'd think.

In the group scenes, is it my imagination, or is Element Lad always paired with Sun Boy? Interesting...

It seems there's a pattern forming... one episode is full of Easter eggs and new characters and fleshing out the LSH, followed by a lighter, self-contained episode. I like that approach-- though it appears it'll be thrown off by the upcoming multiple-parter.

[ March 03, 2007, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I was surprised just how awesome this episode was!

Okay, Bouncy's actual plan was pretty hokey, but I can forgive that under the "It's writtend for kids" rubric.

And I totally think that's Zaryan at the end. What I'm guessing they're doing is mixing together the Zaryan/Sun-Eater stories, to provide more drama as to who will be killed in the finale.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This was the best episode yet for me. It had all of the elements that I love in a Legion story.

I hope they use this episode as a guide while writing next year's season.

Here are a couple of clips of the key scenes.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.