Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe everyone else pronounces it WHY-nath, but if you live there or grew up there, you pronounce it WIN-ath.

Sort of like, most people pronounce the city of Detroit, De-TROIT, but if you live there or grew up there, you more than likely pronounce it DEE-troit.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually like that theory a lot.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll buy that. Like the people who think Nevada is pronounced Nev-ODD-uh. Anyone who lives or grew up in Nev-ADD-uh (like myself) would kick your a** for pronouncing it the, ugghh, East Coast way.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'll buy that. Like the people who think Nevada is pronounced Nev-ODD-uh. Anyone who lives or grew up in Nev-ADD-uh (like myself) would kick your a** for pronouncing it the, ugghh, East Coast way.

OF course, anyone that speaks spanish would point out that the word "nevada" means "a snow fall" and it's pronounced closer to Nev-ODD-uh than Nev-ADD-ah, though neither is correct.

[Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

OF course, anyone that speaks spanish would point out that the word "nevada" means "a snow fall" and it's pronounced closer to Nev-ODD-uh than Nev-ADD-ah, though neither is correct.

[Razz] [Wink]

Says someone who lives in Flor-EYE-Duh. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I live in Missouri, which some people pronounce Miz-zoor-ee and others pronounce Miz-zoor-uh, and both insist that they are right. But I don't think anybody's kicked anybody's asterisks over it.

(Although if anyone pronounces Mon-El "MOAN-El" I just may have to zap them into the Phantom Zone.)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh oh.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
ZAP!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

[Mon-El]
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
was I the only one to notice ALL the TWINS on Winath? I mean, as the people were running from the shelter, people who looked EXACTLY alike running in pairs together. it's like, there's some genetic trait specific to Winath that makes twins so much more frequent. guess that made Mekt a bit lonely and left out.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Copycat Girl:
it's like, there's some genetic trait specific to Winath that makes twins so much more frequent. guess that made Mekt a bit lonely and left out.

Actually, there is. In the comics(and apparently in the show), on Winath everyone is born with a twin, and anyone born without a twin is a rarity, which is why Mekt was considered an outcast(and probably part of the reason why he became a criminal).

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Twins are the norm on Winath in every version of the LSH to date. A single child, like Mekt, is assumed to have something wrong with them.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the whole Ranzz family is that way. Since fraternal twins are merely a coincidence of timing while identical twins are the true genetic anomaly. Or at least, it's an anomaly for us on Earth. On Winath, it's the other way around, and they give a pass for Garth and Ayla, but deep down, they must realize that they're not the same as everyone else.

I mean, I've never seen any other sets of boy/girl twins in any issue of Legion taking place on Winath. It's always been two male twins or two female, never one of each.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:
I mean, I've never seen any other sets of boy/girl twins in any issue of Legion taking place on Winath. It's always been two male twins or two female, never one of each.

They aren't as common, but in Legends of the Legion, Ayla had a pair of fraternal twins for friends. That's the only time I can recall, though.

(Though lordy knows I love the Ranzz siblings and their issues.)

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The fact that they are boy/girl fraternal twins as opposed to identical or even same sex fraternal twins affects the way they developed.

Ayla's historical portrayals can be interpreted through this lens quite well.

Then there's the bizzare Mekt-Garth-Ayla triangle that's always been around.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.