Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it [Smile] Looks like Chuck (and Lu) are gonna get a lot more screen time in the season finale.

Love how all 9 Legionnaires in this Ep got their share of screen time - goes to show that a team this large can still be handled well.

I was hoping we'd see Ayla, but at least we know she exists.

Another minor quibble: BB said he needed Andy in the forest, but Andy didn't do anything there. Oh well, least Ferro Lad still got his time to shine.

Does Cos' overprotectiveness hint at a possible Garth-Imra-Rokk triangle?

Now just give us more T-Wolf in the next Ep and I'll be happy. And let Dream Girl and Violet do something onscreen in the finale; they're the last of the Legionnaires who made cameos in T-Wolf's induction who haven't been seen in action yet.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I agree with everyone; very good episode.

My guess for the mystery villain at the end? Zaryan. Isn't that about what his ship looked like?

Awww. . . I was flipping through the thread, hoping no one else posted my guess. Ah, well.

But Zaryan is my guess as well. I think the cartoon creators know that most of us expect Ferro Lad to buy it in the Sun Eater episode, so I expect them to change things up and kill Lightning Lad instead.

His death sets up the introduction of Ayla next season, in an episode reminisent of her comics intro. If this is the plan, it helps to explain why we have not seen her yet, since the Legion needs to have not met her in order for her intro to "work."

Also, a Lightning Lad death is just the trigger needed for Saturn Girl to realize her full feelings for him, giving payoff to the season 1 flirtations.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts exactly Portfolio Boy. But I don't think Lightning Lad will 'stay dead' anymore than he did in the comics.

I'm hoping for a 'Disney Death' where he's seen riding the Sun-Eater down a black hole or something and comes back mid-season with some fantastic tale of a death-defying last-minute escape.

'Cause anything to do with Proty and a weird 'life-force-transfer' machine? No thanks.

Killing Ferro Lad without any payoff about the mask comment would seem cheap, and I'm not seeing how it would be 'pay-off-able' without a dedicated episode, without seeming forced or short-changing the character.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY for Chuck!!

Sounds like I missed a good ep. I'm not stressing about it too much, as I intend to get the Season 1 DVD the instant it's released.

I've missed most of the eps... I've only seen the TW intro, Alexis Luthor and the Subs. Well, lots of new stuff awaits me.

DON'T wanna miss the finale 2-parter though, so someone scream like Tyroc the week before it airs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
I think the cartoon creators know that most of us expect Ferro Lad to buy it in the Sun Eater episode, so I expect them to change things up and kill Lightning Lad instead.

His death sets up the introduction of Ayla next season, in an episode reminisent of her comics intro. If this is the plan, it helps to explain why we have not seen her yet, since the Legion needs to have not met her in order for her intro to "work."

Also, a Lightning Lad death is just the trigger needed for Saturn Girl to realize her full feelings for him, giving payoff to the season 1 flirtations.

I figure they'll either "kill" Lightning Lad, *or* kill off one of Triplicate Girl's bodies, giving us a heroic "death" while still allowing the character to continue, more or less... especially if it looks, at first, like we lose all three, *then* find out it was only one of her bodies.

As with your scenario of LL & SG, after seeing her "die" BB will no doubt voice how strongly he feels about her.

If we *have* to lose someone, I vote for someone we have more than one of. [Wink]

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I *do* find it hard to believe we'll see an *actual* death in a kiddie-cartoon.

The loss of one of Lu's bodies seems to be the perfect "out" here... death but NOT dead after all.

Still, I'm hoping either Ferro Lad buys it-- keeping with LSH history-- or, even better, Garth 'gets it' and returns midway through S2.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Does Cos' overprotectiveness hint at a possible Garth-Imra-Rokk triangle?

Maybe; I took that another way, however.

Remember, from the "Timberwolf" episode, Lightning Lad and Bouncing Boy had seen Saturn Girl's "healing trance" before. And SG made a remark in this newest episode about being better able to take care of herself than she used to be.
I'm thinking SG has been injured on Legion missions before, maybe more than once, leading Cosmic Boy (somewhat understandably, especially if he felt personally responsible for SG having gotten hurt) to think of her as someone who needs looking after in physically dangerous situations. And because Cosmic Boy has been away so long, he is not aware that this is ... at least, less true than it once was.

I *hope* this is the case, as it would be further evidence that the producers & story editors of the show have given thought to the backstory of "their" version of the Legion, with individuals and relationships that have changed over time.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Great, great episode - the best yet in the series. It had everything - action, romance, adventure. New Legionnaires (to new viewers) are introduced, Colossal Boy and Triplicate Girl get some more air time. Superman is there, but doesn't take over - even getting sidelined for a while, and works well with the rest of the team. And a Legion election!

2) Glad to hear a second season is definite!

3) Wonder what the young people think of this series? As a seven year old Batman fan, I was captivated from my first Legion story by the various colorful characters and variety of abilities. Hopefully, youngsters think this series
is as fascinating as I thought of the Legion then and still do now.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It's awesome to see a non-wimpy Ferro Lad again. I hope he doesn't buy it in the Sun-Eater ep. It wouldn't surprise me if they killed him though -- dying in an explosion would still be a lot less traumatic than the way Darkseid killed Turpin in the Superman show and that's supposed to be for kids too.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
My 10 year old daughter likes the Legion toon. But I think she likes the Batman one better. She's a *definite* fan of the Teen Titans!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
WHY-nath has changed to WIN-ath, as it should be.

When was it ever Why-nath? I don't recall hearing that on the toon before nor have I heard anyone pronounce it that way. But if there is anything that Legion fans always have opinions on, it is the pronunciation of the various names. [Smile]

Thank god we get a two month break. I'm four episodes behind as it is. And they are burning a hole in my TiVo. Can't wait to watch this one.

[ March 06, 2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It was Why-nath on The Legion tryout video. I don't remember if it was used in the show or not.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
In "Champions," it's pronounced Why-nath.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Guess I didn't pay too close attention to Champions then. I could have sworn they used Win-ath in that episode. Don't the producers know we are going to slam them if they don't keep the continuity of the show straight? [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to, Ca-RIB-be-yan, Ca-rib-BE-an, let's call the whole thing off...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.