Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Sundown, Parts 1& 2 ... SPOILERS!!! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sundown, Parts 1& 2 ... SPOILERS!!!
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a tremendous achievement, one of the greatest adaptations of anything I've ever seen. Everyone involved with this episode should feel extremely proud of themselves.

The only thing that disappointed me is that Jo and Tinya only appeared together in one shot. But I suppose this can be developed further in next season's episodes.

What else can I say but... long live the Legion.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... I don't think I've ever seen such a unanimously positive response for anything Legion.

I missed both eps, but you can bet I'll love 'em too when I see 'em.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it! There's not a ton left to praise but even while I got that sinking feeling for Ferro Lad I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It was all just so... Legiony. Like concetrated Legion. Takron-Galtos, the Subs, double crosses and Long Live the Legion. Wow.

The scene in Part One when Ferro Lad missed made me feel bad for him, but boiled down in the Part Two recap made me think of when they'd fire the Wave Motion Gun in Star Blazers. Ferro Lad dropping the goggles down, and then the tracking of the beam as it first approached and then receded from the camera brought back those memories.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
Some more thoughts, beyond my initial gushing praise (still so well-deserved, I might add)...:

1) The Controller's argument about perfecton coming from 'chaos' rather than order...sound familiar? Remember the Time Trapper in the SG/LL wedding tabloid, at the end of time where chaos/disorder reigned? He was a Controller. And also in LSH v3 #50, more of the chaos vs. order? PLUS, he now has a personal thing with Superman("you've impressed me")...Superman, who is traveling through time... I definitely smell shades of a Time Trapper storyline, which could have elements of the Pocket Universe LSH v3 #38 in it, although I'm SURe they won't kill Superman.

2) On a public forum outside of the comic world, a single comment from an "outsider" (i.e. not a Legion fan, but someone who watches the cartoon) on part 2 accused it of ripping off "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi". At first, I was perplexed by this, but when I re-watched, I realized that indeed, the Controller's dialogue in the scene where Superman battled him while they watched the LSH on the screen was EXTREMELY reminiscent of Emperor Palpatine's dialogue when he mocked Luke as he battled Darth Vader while the Rebels attacked the Death Star...both used the word "friends" repeatedly, and mockingly predicted their failure...in both cases, something happened to really tick off Luke/Superman, who each flew into a righteous rage and subsequently kicked a*s.

3) There could be a reason no one has mentioned for showing Ferro Lad's body. If indeed they are planning on introducing Douglas Nolan, they can
have the viewers unsure of whether it is really Andrew before the "suprise" revelation that it is Douglas...having shown Ferro Lad's body will increase the viewer's belief that it might be him returning, and add to the mystery.

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Another RotJ-esque thing: Sending a team in to dismantle the force field before being able to destroy the Sun-Eater.

Which I think officially establishes Matter-Eater Lad as the aniLegion-verse's version of Han Solo!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
1) The Controller's argument about perfecton coming from 'chaos' rather than order...sound familiar?

Yep. It's an old, old science fiction theme. Another example is "Babylon 5."

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Another RotJ-esque thing: Sending a team in to dismantle the force field before being able to destroy the Sun-Eater.

Which I think officially establishes Matter-Eater Lad as the aniLegion-verse's version of Han Solo!

What we needed was Tellus saying "It's a trap!"
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.