Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Sundown, Parts 1& 2 ... SPOILERS!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sundown, Parts 1& 2 ... SPOILERS!!!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I am SO pumped for this! I can barely contain myself, this is so cool!
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Hot diggity! I finally got to see the episodes today, and boy are we in for a treat! It totally space rocks!

Click Here For A SpoilerSure, there were a few "if you can do this, why don't you just do that" moments (most notably when Persuader, Tharok and Matter-Eater Lad actually reached the core and got inside it but didn't bother to destroy/disable it while they were there), but it was a great two-parter, full of drama, nail-biting action, great character moments and everything you'd want for a Legion story. It was definitely a terrific ending to a strong first season.

As much as we might want Ferro Lad to stay dead, I don't think they would have bothered to show the body if they didn't intend to bring him back. He was iron form, after all, and he looked roughed up but not unsalvageable. I think it would be really cool, though, if they reinvent the Ghost of Ferro Lad story in the second season. It was a Controller behind that plot, and what a great way to introduce Jeckie.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The Kid's WB has a sneak peek at Sundown Part 1 at it's website. I'll set it up here when I get a chance.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
And now it along with today's commercials can be seen here.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose this isn't the best thread to be in if I've only seen part one. Did part two come out early somewhere?

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, in the UK. I've tried to avoid spoilers and saw part one today and Man was it AWESOME.

Of course through the entire episode I'm going "Ferro Lad...awwww.." but still.

So, Sunboy...can't say I like his hair. the costume isn't bad and it was great seeing him, but yeah, the hair.

Oh, and did anyone see the ads for next week's ep, I saw Ultra Boy in the massive group shot, can't wait.

I am really curious to see how the Legion gets out of this one.

Oh, and I really like how this episode flowed. Even for a two parter they kept the action and suspense going really well, nothing about this ep felt like set-up.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

I'm assuming, until proven wrong/right next week, that the individual in the spaceship at the end of "Chain of Command" was a Controller?

While Superman was fighting the robot on the Legion ship, I kept thinking they really need to use those animations for Karate Kid. That robot was kicking Supes buttocks!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
I only have one thing to say about Sundown Part 1: Hell Yeah!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really felt bad for Ferro Lad. He was such an important part of their plan, but he missed. I know the feeling of messing up and letting people down.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I felt that, too. Of course, it's all foreshadowing for part two next week.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Coolest things:

- Mano disintegrating Saturn Girl. Hee.
- Clark's "sunscreen" suit -- he ought to wear it all the time.
- Imaginative world names like "Cheyenne Delta"
- Phantom Girl jumping into the Sun-Eater core.
- Sun Boy mimicking a sun.
- Star-Warish fighter jets!
- Ferro Lad acting confidence and assertive until he blew it.
- "To be continued"

Not so cool:

- They continue to rely too heavily on robot threats that are too easily dispatched.
- The Sun-Eater itself wasn't nearly scary looking enough.
- Ferro Lad isn't terribly interesting visually or voicewise.

Not perfect (I think "Chain of Command" has come closest so far) but pretty enjoyable overall.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved this episode (Pt.1) It's great to see a Sun-Eater in action. Plus, the team-up of Ferro, Cos, and Lightning Lad to make an energy cannon worthy of any anime was cool. (As was Sun Boy...imitating a sun! Ha!)

Still, Chuck is having a hard time adjusting to leadership so hopefully he'll come through in the end. And no, I haven't read any of the Pt. 2 spoilers. I want to be surprised!

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Coolest things:

- Mano disintegrating Saturn Girl. Hee.
- Clark's "sunscreen" suit -- he ought to wear it all the time.
- Imaginative world names like "Cheyenne Delta"
- Phantom Girl jumping into the Sun-Eater core.
- Sun Boy mimicking a sun.
- Star-Warish fighter jets!
- Ferro Lad acting confidence and assertive until he blew it.
- "To be continued"

Not so cool:

- They continue to rely too heavily on robot threats that are too easily dispatched.
- The Sun-Eater itself wasn't nearly scary looking enough.
- Ferro Lad isn't terribly interesting visually or voicewise.

Not perfect (I think "Chain of Command" has come closest so far) but pretty enjoyable overall.

I don't remember the Sun-Eater ever looking all that scary. That's kind of the point, I think. It doesn't look scary. What it does, though, is very scary.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome episode, that is. I am impressed with how much spotlight Ferro Lad had and it's much better than in comics where he was just given a little panel time. Sun Boy imitating like a Sun is a nice homage in the old days of Adv. Comics.

"Great Crisis" that has been mentioned twice by Brainiac 5...hmmmm....now i am wondering...will it get mentioned again in the next season?

Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Ferro Lad made a great team...makes me think how I wish to see them working together often in comics. [Frown]

Anyway, can't wait to see the Part two next week.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
This was an utterly brilliant episode. I don't know how many times I found myself clapping, cheering, or just grinning like an idiot.

I especially like the development of the Chuck-Trip romance. That scene on the balcony, early in the episode, was perfect.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.