Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.5 Karate Kid - Spoilers & Images (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2.5 Karate Kid - Spoilers & Images
Razorsaw
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razorsaw           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I'm going to have to stick up for Cosmic Boy here, at least from a writing standpoint. In both the episode involving Timber Wolf and this one, we NEEDED someone riding the characters' ass. That's what creates conflict in stories like this, and there's not really much to do in either of these stories if there isn't conflict like this to drive the characters affected and make them go against the odds. Cos was characterized in his first appearance as more rigid and overly focused, so in the case of his appearances this season, they fit the mythos as presented so far.

There's the larger story to look at for each episode, and characters have to play necessary roles accordingly. And not all of them end up sunny and nice.

Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Good point Raz. We need an episode where we get to see that Rokk's as human as everyone else and that he pushes the others so hard because _____________ (fill in the blank) I liked him being chummy with Nemesis Kid (the Snark Squad).

Wierd how Superman and Chameleon Boy walked away from the group while NK was being sworn in though.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razorsaw
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razorsaw           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, they had a job to do.

And I'm not sure Cosmic Boy is snarky. He's just a royal hard ass. He's not doing this to be cruel, and when he did that "what have we learned today?" bit, he was trying to have is point proven.

Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
If the screen where Superman says their ranks have been thinned is to be believed then Chemical King, Ultra Boy, Wildfire, Invisible Kid, and Quislet have joined in the missing year or two along with Cham. (Of course there's two Star Boys as well.)
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just what we needed-- more boys!

heh... I'm starting to sound like Thora. Of Taltar, not the one Sun Emperor roasted.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadow Lass (for her alienness and easy to animate powers) and Princess Projectra (for her girl demographic and toy tie-in possibilities) are the two females that surprise me the most by not even being in the background.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Nightcrawler, it doesn't look like Princess Projectra will appear since Saturn Girl pretty much has the same power(they might decide to show her anyway, but I'm just saying). But I have a feeling they're saving Shadow Lass for something big(Please, please, please let that be the case. If this series ends without Shadow Lass appearing, then I'm going to be pissed).

As for what Razorsaw posted, I guess Cosmic Boy's characterization does make sense when you look at it from that perspective, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
This week's episode:

Animation: Fantastic!
Karate Kid, Grimbor, Nemesis Kid: Fantastic!
Male Legionnaires: Great!
Plot: Typical.
Tryouts: Just one measly scene. Wanted more.
Female Legionnaires: Just background decorations. Would it *kill* the cartoon creators to have Dreamy utter one lousy phrase? Would it be so terrible to have the male Legionnaires even mention Saturn Girl's condition and show some affection for her?

All in all: Good episode, of course, but the absence of female Legionnaires is annoying.
I hope I don't "sound" like a fault-finding nitpicker,I love the cartoon, but...well, you know!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Clips plus next week's promo.
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I never made the marketing connection unit Nightcrawler mentioned it, but the Legion has
a character who is a Princess AND a super hero -
Disney would just love to be in that situation. It's a marketing no-brainer. Of course brains are in
short supply at the CW it seems.

I suspect that if we do get Jeckie on the show,
she will probably show up as Sensor Girl. And it better not be as a snake!

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I feel like repeating my support of Drill Sgt. Rokk.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longevity Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longevity Lad   Email Longevity Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No fan of focus-group-driven decisions either, but reflect on this: the intent is to increase ratings points to increase profits from advertisers who in turn demand more shows on which to peddle product which will lead to MORE episodes and that's a GOOD THING, right?
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Colossal Boy:
I never made the marketing connection unit Nightcrawler mentioned it, but the Legion has
a character who is a Princess AND a super hero -
Disney would just love to be in that situation. It's a marketing no-brainer.

That's a really good point! Man. Jeckie could pretty much carry her own show. With Val, I suppose. Imagine that!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

SPOILER!

(just in case you haven't paid any attention to multiple spoiler warnings already)

[Big Grin]

-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

oops
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.