Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It finally arrived. Was it worth the wait? IMHO - No. But, did I expect it to? No.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!
!
!

Read no further, unless you want to know what happens.

If I remember correctly, Superman revives Bruce Wayne's memories of being Batman in a new reality in which his parents had never died. They then, ressurect the JLA (Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman) who were all killed (again in this altered reality) by Ras Al Ghul who rules the planet (in this reality). The assembled heroes confront Ras, who is allied with the LSV (Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, & Cosmic King, along with Echo & Beauty Blaze).

The dead heroes lose and die again. For some reason, Superman is forced to sacrifice himself to restore Batman's sense of loss. Batman is able to then kill Ras, which screws up this timeline. [Confused] Echo & Beauty Blaze are thus wiped out of existence. After defeating the LSV, Supes and Bats set things right. They use Darkseid's temporal Boom Tube to bring them into an alternate future and deliver them to an Adult Legion.

After that, they return to their proper time. During the journey, they re-experience the post-Crisis universe with one odd exeption - Pre-Crisis Supergirl's death during Crisis?!?!? [Confused]

Someone explain this to me!

[ April 07, 2005, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Loeb + sense = doesn't go.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

You may as well start referring to this title as ALL-STAR WORLD'S FINEST.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe dropping in Supergirl's death is a hint of a change in the timeline and the upcoming crisis???

OOooooor, maybe that panel represents the memory of a Superman comic book he read....

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't picked up #18 yet, but I think it's been a fun romp.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
During the journey, they re-experience the post-Crisis universe with one odd exeption - Pre-Crisis Supergirl's death during Crisis?!?!? [Confused]

You forgot the other major revelation!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

That the Kingdom Come Superman wasn't the Kingdom Come Superman.

He turns out to be from Alan Moore's "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"

In other words....

....THE FREAKIN' PRE-CRISIS, SILVER AGE, EARTH 1 SUPERMAN! [Gasp]

This is pretty major. [Smile]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Paul!

I was still reeling from the Supergirl memory.

Here's the Legion-related pages for you AR collectors out there -

-
 -
 -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
all of this sounds like a pretty cool conclusion...but what does it mean in the great scheme of things?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
all of this sounds like a pretty cool conclusion...but what does it mean in the great scheme of things?

We probably won't know that until we find out what's in store with the new Crisis.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Also, how are the LSV supposed to remain as Superman/Batman reoccurring villains? Which is what I believe Loeb said he intended to do when this storyline ended.
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping to see adult Timber Wolf with his wee little mustache. Rats.

Still, thanks for the post Nighty.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
NC, thanks for the scans. I won't be able to pick this up before the weekend. It's great seeing Tenzil again (what is he eating?) and "Dream Woman" looks great! Maybe the LSV will show up again in the All-Star Superman series. Its already been hinted that the SA Legion will. Hope lives eternal.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we sure that Cosmic King isn't Loser Lad moonlighting in a DC series for part time work?
Lightning Lord looks an awful lot like Sketch Lad's avatar too...hhhhmmmmm...I need a new agent.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:

We probably won't know that until we find out what's in store with the new Crisis.
I agree. I think this all ties into Infinte Crisis...
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risas
Watcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Risas   Email Risas         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
After that, they return to their proper time. During the journey, they re-experience the post-Crisis universe with one odd exeption - Pre-Crisis Supergirl's death during Crisis?!?!? [Confused]

The answer is explained in the final quote from Brainiac 5 (in the scene above): "Be prepared. The journey back may allow you to see things that MAY HAVE BEEN or NEVER WERE as Time itself will do the healing."

This gives the freedom to show anything from the past (or future) of DC comics, including Golden Age, Silver Age, Pre-crisis, post-crisis, Marvel universe, Crossgen universe, Archie universe, Hypertime, or even Elseworlds! They may have shown scenes from post Infinite Crisis/Seven Soldiers.

We could have seen the LSH from Earth-C (Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew world). We did see the scene from Crisis where Supergirl died among others.

From: Montgomery, AL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.