Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS!
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure it's not really the intention but the presence of buzz-cut Brainiac shown in such close proximity to Dream Woman in consecutive panels made me think this could be the Waid/Kitson team really. Maybe they went to the Chapel of Love after all...
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Risas. But, I guess I should be saying what was the point? That was the only image out of place from what I saw.

Actually, what was the point of the whole story?

I think I could accept it if no one remembers anything, but having Superman and Batman remember willfully murdering people is going to make it harder to accept the next encounter with the Joker or Lex (after one of them just caused some horrendous tragedy) and not kill them for it. Batman chopped Ras’ head off for gosh sakes!

Wonder Woman kills, the Justice League mind-wipes, and now Superman & Batman have memories of having little value to life. Sure, they’re supposed to “fade with time.” But, I’m a bit sick of my heroes being portrayed like this.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't say that buying five issues of this comic was worth it just for one single page but I sure did like the appearence of our old friend Kal-El.
Somehow it's comforting to know that The Man of Tomorrow is watching over the DCverse.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This timestream manipulation stuff gives me a headache, but everybody looked good.... thanks for posting those pages, Gary.

Now if DC could just stop killing or mutilating every other character... maybe it's just a phase they're going through.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn that self correcting Time Steam! If only my steam iron could do that...

[Lightning Lord]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Now that they've met the Adult Legion can the Composite Superman be far behind?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Ultimately, regardless of 'continuity' I see only good things:

1. long-banned pre-Crisis material is once again fair game - even if only as an alt timeline

2. The end of attempts emulate Stan Lee's tight 60s Marvel continuity, where if the Hulk farted, it would be referred to on Peter Parker's
transister radio, it would affect the outcome of a minor Reed Richards experiment, and cause Prof X's Cerebro to hiccup - all with an asterisk referring to the issue of Hulk, "now on sale!"

Let's worry more about good stories than keeping a single, stringent continuity!

3. There is no reason #3.

4. We could get an Earth-2 free of Roy Thomas' influence and overly-anal sense of continuity, and Golden Age Batman, Superman and a Womder Woman named Dina.

5. We could get JLA stories actually set in the 1960s.

6. I'm sure there are plenty of other good reasons.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't say I know what to think about this either. With all the delays, I lost interest. When it comes out in trade, I'll read it again... a storyline like this can read completely differently when read as a compilation.

I was surprised at the 'nostalgasm' I had at the sequence of the small panel of the HQ's base followed by the BIG panel of the upside-down spaceship... maybe should've been a whole page?

I thought that segment was done quite effectively.

I had the same nostalgasm when the LSV appeared with Echo and Beauty Blaze (with a southern accent!) in tow.

So, are the LSV going to be recurring 21st century villains? I remember mention of that earlier...

...they'd be a pretty nifty nucleus for a CRISIS-like event, wouldn't they?

Not that I *necessarily* want another one of those...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm just ecstatic at the new uniforms that've been shown for dreamy and brainy. it really conveys a maturity to the characters versus, for example, barry's designs that have a more youthful (of course) flavor to it.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
I'm sure it's not really the intention but the presence of buzz-cut Brainiac shown in such close proximity to Dream Woman in consecutive panels made me think this could be the Waid/Kitson team really. Maybe they went to the Chapel of Love after all...

I had that same feeling initially, but it was the costumes that threw me off. Cham's, in particular, is the "Adult Legion" version of his original costume. Still, they could be the Adult versions of the current team. If so, we really could see this new LSV again (despite the end).

As for them being recurring S/B villains, isn't Loeb leaving after the next arc anyway?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think so, but that doesn't mean the next writer couldn't use them.

And at the rate S/B comes out, they still have a few years to figure out who that'll be.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They wouldn't necessarily be limited to appearing in S/B, would they?

Or to being written by Loeb?

It would make sense if he did write their next appearance, I suppose. But it wouldn't be a must.

He's going to be writing SUPERGIRL when it comes out this summer, isn't he?

They'd be naturals as villains for that book, I think.

Imagine if they teamed up with the Crime Syndicate...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
It's the INFINITE CRISIS effect...

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Noody's mentioned Cosmic King's cape in the Time Bubble scene. I liked it, wish we'd seen it on him a little more.
Also I liked the way the villians were a lot younger in the Time Bubble scene. That was cool.

Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
it was the LSV pages that came alive for me in this whole arc. forget Kamandi, and Uncle Sam, and all those old-timer cameos.
there was zero substance in those pages. when the LSV was off-screen, my interest waned. i hope SOMEONE (WnK, WnK) uses them again. there's alot of potential there. i always thought the female Inferno (Post-boot) was a young Beauty Blaze. maybe daughter of Sun Woman (a favorite of mine).

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.