Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #18 - SPOILERS!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
it was the LSV pages that came alive for me ...
...when the LSV was off-screen, my interest waned.

[LOL]
I hear ya, it was the villians that made me buy it. Heck, I'd probably buy it if they showed up in an issue of Krypto: the Superdog

Lex Luthor (of course) ought to be their next contact in the DCU. Wouldn't it be cool if he sends an "instant message to the future somehow and sets off the next story arc with those three?
I'd buy that one too. [Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Pacheco's FABOO art made this whole convoluted storyline worth it for me!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I felt kind of ripped by the whole story it was a 5 minuet read i forgot as soon as I closed the only thing that sticks in my head is dawnstar showing us where babies come from

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Actually, what was the point of the whole story?

The point will be clear in the next arc (which this one sets up) where S/B take on Cary Bates and Elliot S! Maggin. But this time Cary and Elliot are much darker and more dangerous than you remember...

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think I could accept it if no one remembers anything, but having Superman and Batman remember willfully murdering people is going to make it harder to accept the next encounter with the Joker or Lex (after one of them just caused some horrendous tragedy) and not kill them for it. Batman chopped Ras’ head off for gosh sakes!

Wonder Woman kills, the Justice League mind-wipes, and now Superman & Batman have memories of having little value to life. Sure, they’re supposed to “fade with time.” But, I’m a bit sick of my heroes being portrayed like this.

S/B may be less inclined to just kill Luthor or the Joker now because they can identify with them. Sarcasm aside, I think that is the point - while the story itself may not have any direct, lasting impact, it's just another step on the path to the darker, grimmer "new" DCU.
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
I was curious whether the new future was destroyed and if so, why the Legion was so content with it.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
"Oh, grife, our timeline has been destroyed."

"Again."

"Maybe we'll last in take seven?"

"The odds are definitely against that."

=)

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got this (which was awesome seeing as I haven't gotten a comic in about three months) and I was really upset that Batman was able to override Saturn Queen's telepathic prowess, she mentally kills a dead telepathic alien but can't stop a strong willed man.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bizarro #9
am illiterate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizarro #9   Email Bizarro #9         Edit/Delete Post     
But

If you put it in the context of a traditional sci-fi time-out-of-whack story then it was a fun ride. We see multiple copies of each of the primary characters actually interacting in past events and twisting the time stream into barely recognizable shapes. Each different Earth was familiar but bizarre and each more violent until the inevitable collapse led to chaos and Darkseid.

Not bad really. It's one of the few times ol rockhead impressed me, he put on a good performance for "the boys"...and having The Man of Tomorrow back him up shocked me when Iput the clues together later.

Good old Kal. Alan Moore retired him in such a beautiful tribute story that I almost hate to see him reappear for fear that somebody else is going to screw up a nice capstone to 50 some years of literature. I did love seeing him though.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoy S/B, especially with the old Legion elements they have incorporated during the last half year (Supergirl, Silver Age LSV). By just saying to myself "Elseworlds" I can sit back and enjoy the great artwork and the twists and turns of the story, without concern over any continuity or moral issues.

It does bother me as well that DC heroes seem to be killing and getting killed (and resurrecting!) at a horrific pace anymore. My definition of super hero is one where an individual ESCAPES certain doom, and shows self-restraint upon others (even no-gooders). Just old-fashioned, I guess.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
It's all about the Pacheco really. I mean it's been a while since I've seen a Legion half naked and physically mature. [Wink]

Pacheco was a big fan of the Cockrum designs (and Levitz's stories) one of the reasons I hope he gets this book in the future. (heck Loeb and Geoff also fans of the Grell-Cockrum-Levitz-Giffen days...bring them on as well! Especially Geoff!)

Pacheco is probably my current fave artist. Man is awesome!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.