Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion?
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I would [Smile]

So would love a Legion House of EL
Populated by Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-EL, Laurel Kent, Laurel Gand/Andromeda, Superboy II (Connor)& Kent Shakespeare. (Legion House of EL - a group within the Main Legion)

I know I know what you're thinking duplication of powers clause and all that...but remember they had changed Laurel (Gand)'s power set

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I have always loved Laurel Kent

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I would want just Laurel Kent, not Andromeda, but only with the power of invulnerability. It made for a more believable character. Just exactly as she was when she was first introduced.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Love Laurel Kent, aka 'Invulnerable Lass.' I don't even mind if she isn't really sure if she's descended from Clark, Conner, Chris or some other Kent.

Negative interest in Laurel Gand. She's a cheap Supergirl replacement and we've already got a cheap Supergirl.

Ba-dum-bum.

As for the 'House of El,' I'd actually be more interested in the original conception of Sensor Girl, as a super-senses-only version of Supergirl. There are already several Legionnaires who have only one Krypto-power, such as Night Girl (only super-strength) or XS (only super-speed), after all.

Having Projectra return to her classic identity, and a new 'Sensor Girl' show up, turning out to not be an amnesiac powered-down Supergirl, but a descendent of the 'House of El' could be neat.

Using Laurel Kent as a precedent;
Invulnerability - Laurel Kent
Super-Strength - ?
Super-Speed - ?
Flight - ? (certainly not a power that would qualify one for Legion membership, but the House of El might have their own team, and he/she might be a good enough aerial acrobat to be, like Karate Kid, worthy of joining a team of people who can use gadgets to fly in any event)
Super-Senses - Sensor Girl
Heat Vision - ?
and, from Conner;
Telekinesis - ?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There's other characters I'd prefer to see, frankly. But if Levitz and co. have a great story for them, sure.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Would take Laurel Gand in a second especially if we cannot have Kara as a member again, not the same thing I know but a good start. However I would want TMK Laurel Gand more than Reboot Andromeda.

Never understood the love Laurel Kent gets in some quarters. She always seemed to me to be a fairly pointless character only introduced for that slightly creepy Superboy story where they had him inadvertantly being attracted to his own ancestor. Thankfully she was then largely ignored for large periods of time.

I was really quite glad when she was revealed as a Manhunter.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
well to be sure it was several generations removed so according to the law ...it would have been ok....werid (societies feelings well current 20/21st century) but ok.

Back to Laurel Gand...actually She had her own personality that was different from any version of Kara's so she could still be a member (i'm so hoping Paul incorporates that Blonde daxamite from the last Mon-EL inthe 21st century book into the legion as Andromeda...

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
What about 31st Century descendants of Karen Starr AKA Power Girl Kara Zor-L?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Gand, absolutely. Laurel Kent I'm a bit cooler toward.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
always preferred Laurel Gand over that goody two shoes super chick.

Laurel Kent. not so sure, maybe would be a cool villain or academy member. her haircut's awesome. and her uniform, she's not shy.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the Poncho!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
which one! I assume Kent's sexy one, but Gand had a poncho too!! in 'Legion on the Run'

ponchos galore

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

yea the Kent one

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'd love to see Andromeda, Supergirl, and Kent Shakesphere, too--plus Conner Kent as a deliberate Superboy successor in the current Legion (with Legion beltbuckle added to the traditional costume, of course--or maybe the Superboy's Legion variation).

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
What about 31st Century descendants of Karen Starr AKA Power Girl Kara Zor-L?

That is an awesome idea. Would the father be a normal person or a fellow JSA member?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.