Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion?
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Girl is Kryptonian again? I lost track.

That's Kal, Kara, 'Karen', Conner and possibly a few others like 'Chris.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Gand - absolutely!

Laurel Kent - er, she works better as an occasional supporting player. Descendant of Superman is too much of a headache and she never screamed Legion material to me.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as she is wearing her "Flying Buttress" outfit, Laurel Gand gets my vote.

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Power Girl is Kryptonian again? I lost track.

That's Kal, Kara, 'Karen', Conner and possibly a few others like 'Chris.'

She was re-established as from Earth-2 in Infinite Crisis, but it could have changed when I wasn't paying attention.

As for descendents of Conner, I think it would be cool if some of them turned out to be villains. We know that the Knights (Starman) have villainous descendents, maybe they could be part of the next version of the Justice League of Earth.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Have absolutely no interest in Laurel Kent or any more descendants of 21st century DCU characters than the ones we've already got - Querl, Tasmia and Jenni (any others I'm missing?).

Love Laurel Gand though - especially in her orange/black starfield costume - so would be thrilled to see her back in the books.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see Supergirl, Andromeda, and Thunder all together in action!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
There's other characters I'd prefer to see, frankly. But if Levitz and co. have a great story for them, sure.

Yeah.

Legacy characters are sort of a mixed blessing, but...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Kent would be great, and they could throw Laurel Gand in as well.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Laurel Kent is beautiful.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
But I still can't stand her, except in Bill's cartoon of her, Kent Shakespeare and Superboy.
[Smile]

If I read the last of the Krypton Wars correctly, there are about 7,000 Kryptonians hiding on Earth now, so if they stay, their might be hundreds of thousands or millions of Kryptonian type powersets in the 31st century.
That would be some Legacy!

I'd certainly like Laurel Gand/the Daxamite girl in the Legion AND Kent Shakespeare.
I was never sure what his powers were but I loved him in TMK's stories.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see Laurel Gand again ... I think the more they keep Supergirl out of the future the better, and having Laurel around would take her place nicely ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Gand, yes; Kent, no; Supergirl, maybe occasionally. If Gand needs new power limitations, so be it.

Would love to see Shakespeare and (occasionally) Kon. Any thoughts on a viable code name for Kent Shakespeare nee "Impulse"?

[Ig Nea]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I would LOVE to see the Laurel Gand of the 5YL Legion. I think she would fit right in with this team...and she really is different personality-wise from Supergirl, it wouldn't be any more an issue having the two of them than it is having Mon-El and Superboy.

I think the reboot Laurel Gand got off to a good start and had an interesting character evolution with overcoming her xenophobia, but they really lost the plot with her when they made her Sister Andromeda. Characters with strong religious convictions can be done well in comics (Firebird and Nightcrawler from Marvel come to mind), but it was so heavy-handed with Andromeda and so limiting to the type of stories they could use her in, I really think it ruined her.

I wouldn't mind seeing Laurel Kent; I did think she had potential, and her power is of the Bouncing Boy/Matter-Eater Lad variety where she would be forced to use her wits to be effective. I like seeing that in my Legionnaires. [Smile]

I don't know if I would like seeing Laurels Kent AND Gand together though...I think Laurel Kent works a lot better if her status as an invulnerable woman is unusual amongst the other female Legionnaires, considering she has no other powers to back it up.

[ July 08, 2010, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: razsolo ]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I'd love to see Supergirl, Andromeda, and Thunder all together in action!

Gah! You're right: how could I forget Thunder? Yes, by all means, bring her back, too!

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, bring back Thunder! She was a cool character .... but I still think Laurel Kent the best legs of the bunch!
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.